Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:34:37 PM
714248 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alien Vs. Predator: My Thoughts « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Alien Vs. Predator: My Thoughts  (Read 4751 times)
Andrew 10001
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2004, 12:44:53 PM »

This movie was friggin lame! The proof is in the tag line, Who ever wins we loose.  WRONG who ever wins we become all buddy buddy with them. then we dont loose we are given an intergalactic door prize!  in a way they were right though i lost eight bucks we all did. What do i begin with the anoying characters survive there is only three predators in the whole movie, n the final fight seen is predictable.  I think a better name for this movie would have been "Medaling Humans, and the occasional alien vs predator, so occasional u blink ull miss the half ass rapid cut fight scenes" When we got to the last part of the movie every one clapped not realizing they just saw freddy vs jason rewraped with an alien twist.   alien three was all right reserection was ok this was just filth on celuloid I vote this movie two sculls if that is possible. If you must see something take your familys rabbit in but it in a transparent box filled with black widows, make sure to shake the box and i garrentee that it will be more entertaing less predictable an a whole lot less vomit inducing than this film.   Have a happy day
ED
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2004, 01:50:09 PM »

Egad, I'm going to take some slings and arrows for this one, but want to put in my less-than-two cents worth.  I have not seen the movie, but have a reasonable interest in seeing it. as I am a sci-fi fan and played the games some.  
BUT I won't go in expecting to see Citizen Kane or anything.  Or maybe even Star Wars, or possibly even Starship.  But  if it satisfies the "fun" criteria,, great.  Face it, no movies based on the concept of  a violence-based game can really have enough plot to make high art.  
In the 4+ years of watching this board, I have never seen a movie that causes such approbabtion (not to mention profanity and personal insult) as this one.  Irrespective of the actual content of the film, does it really rate this sort of violent discourse?  
By the way does AvP have such a dedicated fan base, and I just was under a rock or something?  
-Ed
ED
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2004, 01:51:22 PM »

I should have read on, and just dittoed this one.  It did a better job of making my point. Take the film for what it is worth.  Thanks.
-Ed
Max Gardner
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2004, 03:26:55 PM »

Terrible, terrible movie that made me sad because now people will think both Aliens and Predator suck. I went into this with the lowest possible expectations. And I was STILL disappointed. That hasn't happened since Underworld. They made the Aliens cute and the Predators human. The puny humans running around were not remotely likable or interesting, and Lance Henriksen's character screws with the chronology in all manner of ways. I'm not sure which was worse, the pseudoscience or the dialogue. Either way, to paraphrase Hellboy, "A goddamn movie that has Aliens AND Predators yet still isn't even vaguely entertaining even in a bad way - that's CRAP!" Thank you, Paul W.S. Anderson, I am now dumber than I was two hours ago as a result of having watched your film. I like the idea of Aliens against Predators, that whole Oresteian conflict between the ultimate female species and the ultimate male species, but this movie was just plain bad.
Jim H
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2004, 01:50:37 AM »

Yeah, I'm aware of the sequel, don't know why I never picked up the novelization (I usually go for the novelizations over the comic, or both if I can find them).  I've been intending to read it for a while, but I want to reread Prey first..  I tore up my basement searching for the damn book (it is the ONLY one of my Alien novels I can't find, god damn it).

Does she learn the language at all?  That would be an impressive trick.
Jim H
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2004, 01:52:08 AM »

"Lance Henriksen's character screws with the chronology in all manner of ways."

How so?
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2004, 12:06:56 PM »

Come on people, this movie was good!

It had plot holes.  So?  The plot got them together and fighting; it did its job.

The characters were bland.  And they all died!  Hell, yeah!

The Predators and aliens, especially the Queen, were done very well.

As to the whole teamup issue, the woman single-handedly killed an alien.  She proved herself to the Predator and earned his respect.

The only problem I had was the stupid final shot.  You'd think the Predators would check for things like that, but, meh.  I enjoyed the movie greatly and will see it a second time.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Fearless Freep

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2004, 12:40:37 PM »

So? The plot got them together and fighting; it did its job.

I would surmise that if this was the point that playing the video game would be far more rewarding

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
akiratubo

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2004, 09:45:09 PM »

I don't like video games. :P  I went to this movie to see aliens and predators duke it out, and stupid humans caught in the middle, and the movie delivered. (thumbup)

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2004, 02:08:27 AM »

Well said Akira.....

I agree......Thumbs up!
THE FAN< sum up ....
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2004, 01:07:14 PM »

I Agree about the part where the predator takes of his mask and looks like a cheap suit.    Analgamated dynamics incorp  designed it !  they actually specialize in Alien props and designs,  they never did a predator movie before, only all 3 alien series 2,3,4,, thats why the aliens looked amazing, and the predator with out the mask didn't look as good with it off.   couple of disapointing scenes,

When the Alien lifted a 500 pound predator with its tail, made the predators look extremely weak and inferior.

The fight scenes could have been extended !  just when you see the main character  predator take out its first alien with a blink of an eye, You think this pred is just getting started and wev'e seen nothing yet.  That was actually the last fight scene you see with anything remotley to hand to hand brute battle with the Alien.

I geuss my hopes where to see that pred do some real, pred style damage like it did in 1 , 2 takeing out 4-5 people at a time, just like that taking out 4-5 aliens in a swift, elgant masterfull, in aweing style , which would blow the audience away !!
but we never see that.   The movie is was supposed to be 2 hrs, FOX had Anderson cut it down to 90, for pg 13, the directors cut will be released next year, so we can expect some blood and guts.

the part where you see lex running side by side with pred was lame, that scene should have been cut,

Besides these issues I have with it, I over all think it was a good popcorn flick,  and if your a fan boy you'll love it.
28dayslaterfan
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2004, 10:20:52 PM »

well, i was afraid moree aliens woul die, which they didn't. that was good. in fact, as far as i can tell, only 2 aliens died. imean, there were the ones that the predator blasted, but then why did the predator only trophy one? my belife is that the others actually were only wounded. and the same goes for the one the heroine speard. andi belive the one shot by the heroine was still moveing. in fact, i not sure many were evn killed by the explsion. i mean, the qween came ot without a scratch. it follows that the others would probably be able to get away as well, even if wounded. and the qween defiately isn't dead. aliens don't drown. not in my belife anyways. sothat leaves 2 aliens dead, and 3 preds. good score in my book. now i know some of you will hate me for that. but aliens kick more ass. they just do.
JohnL

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2004, 03:58:22 PM »

>I really wanted them to use the alien warrior look from Aliens. I think that of all the
>Alien movies, they looked the most fearsome and terrifying in that one...

Yes and no. Close-up shots of the aliens looked good, but when it showed whole aliens, they looked like they were about 4 feet tall. And what's with them bouncing all over the place like monkeys?
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alien Vs. Predator: My Thoughts « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.