Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:14:58 AM
714329 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Paul W.S. Anderson Mass Hysteria Hating « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Paul W.S. Anderson Mass Hysteria Hating  (Read 8591 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2004, 08:22:56 AM »

Although there has been no deal made Joss Whedon is interested in the X-Men franchise.

Like I said before it 's hard as hell to please fans and create interest with the non fans at the same time. When a movie is made from source material from another medium it will never ever  please everybody.  Best thing to do is get over  it and appreciate it when somebody does get it right. I have enough real problems without  letting this kind of stuff  get to me.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
dean
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2004, 09:22:05 AM »

People hate Paul Anderson because they feel that they can make a better movie than him.  When you hear he is making AVP many people have different ideas on how that would work, and he goes off and does his own thing.  I'd say he suffers from bad decisions.  I enjoy many of his films, yet I know that they can be better [Resident Evil, for example] but at times he gets it kinda right [I don't really see any other way Mortal Kombat could've worked!]

I don't mind Anderson, I just hate it when I know that something better can be made.

BTW, AVP doesn't come out here till september sometime, so I haven't even seen it yet.  But no amount of bad reviews can keep me away regardless.
akiratubo

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2004, 09:47:51 AM »

He's not an awful writer/director, his movies just set off the Generic-o-Meter.  He's far from the worst director of all time, though.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Fearless Freep

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2004, 09:52:02 AM »

People hate Paul Anderson because they feel that they can make a better movie than him.

I'll admit I kept thinking of Albert Pyun while reading your message...

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Andrew 10001
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2004, 11:06:08 AM »

Alien vs Predator was bad if you actually "studied" film or had at least a half decent taste u could see right through the generic and bland plot, lame characters that had nothing to do with the comic and horrible directing.  I think underworld was better than this movie n thats pushing it man.  Im not jumping on a bandwagon to hate some director for no reason I have a reason he made a film that will forever ruin the predator alien franchise.  You rush out and watch its inevitable sequal n praise the directoral style of some hack who has less artistic talent then Hillary duffs film debut .  Face it the film sucked and Paul sucks, n nerd fan boys in denial that the sat trhough a pile of fecal on film suck
jga5000
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2004, 04:12:51 PM »

Before, I never realized Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat had the same directors, but just hated those films just cause I felt these violent video games needed to be more violent in the movies as well since that was a big element of what made those games special. I didn't even know much people hated him before AvP. Now I'll cringe when Paul WS Anderson is slapped onto something. He's a very generic action director in my opinion. But yeah, not the worst.
JohnL

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2004, 12:24:57 PM »

I can't help noticing that it's a little over a week since AVP opened and I can't recall seeing a TV ad for it in the last week. For those of us who don't keep track of such things, did this film sink faster than the Titanic?
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2004, 12:35:30 PM »

Nah man,
A V. P has been top at the box office for two weeks running. All right!

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Harry
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2004, 01:33:28 PM »

I agree with Evan3, especially about Singer and X-Men.  I enjoyed both X-men movies, the second one more than the first, nonetheless, it had so many problems that could have been easily avoided or changed.  Evan3 hit it on the head...

"RE and MK are video games with a *very* limited story line. X Men has been a compelling ongoing saga since the '60s for some time"

this is my main complaint with all nearly all comic book movies.  Hellboy was great because it used the comics so much.  The way I see it, comic book movie directors already have some of the hardest work done for them...they already have storyboards drawn out!  

AvP wasn't that bad IMO, I rather enjoyed it.  I'm sure the director's cut will be fantastic, maybe even ye of little faith will enjoy that...then what will you be saying about Paul Anderson?
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2004, 04:44:59 PM »

AH Harry, you are a voice of reason

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
marty
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2004, 08:24:32 AM »

you know i really dont understand this f**ked up s**t about paul w s anderson, and the majority of it seems to be comming from people who think they can write, secure funding, and finally deliver a better film than he can, i mean mortal combat for instance i think or rather i thought it was the best game to film transfer ever, that is before i saw resident evil. granted it didnt take to much to be better than street fighter or super mario brothers but it did suffer from nervie execs not putting their money where their mouth was but he did a good job with what he had. then there was event horizen which is a f**king brilliant story and really well directed and managed,if it suffers from anything its the fact that its about forty minutes to short. now i must admit when i heard that he was going to direct a v p and that he had to work to a pg 13 rating i thought what on L V 426 is he going to do with two much beloved genres, but i have to say he delivers and delivers well, its not quite up there with alien or aliens but it does go some way in delievering on the claustrophobic feel of aliens and the predators are as cool as ever with a few new f**ked up wepons to takle some of the hapless humans who get in their way of the ultimate hunt and battle with some p**sed off xenomorphs. so in finishing all you f**ks who hate him for no other reson than he has mila, lay the f**k off him or else.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2004, 08:11:33 PM »

Marty, I agree with a lot you say here. I don't really see how anybody can get into a hating frenzy over any film maker. It usually is someone who thinks they can do better, and I say , why aren't you doing it then?

Read this other post  I made on this subject and go to the article I linked to.  Unless you are Speilberg or Lucas, directors are pretty much at the mercy of the studio.

AvP screening

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2004, 11:05:58 PM »

Or else what you jackass? People are entitled to our own opinions of movies, writers, directors and actors.  Thats what makes forums interesting, difference in opinion as well as likes dislikes.

But when some jerk comes in here and tells us all our opinions are wrong and then insults us and makes an empty threat thats then you're not welcome here.

Already had a topic about this behavior and people agreed on it. If you dont like it than leave. we don't need any control freaks here.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Gene
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2004, 12:21:11 AM »

Paul W.S. Anderson is the absolute biggest hack in film history. Very few people have f**ked up potential franchises as badly as he has. This man simply should not be allowed to get anywhere near properties as beloved as the ones hes already burned to the ground. I understand that studios want to spend as little money on a film as possible, but for f**ks sake, isnt it worth it to spend a little bit more money and end up with a film people will actually like? f**k Anderson, lame dickhole.
joe
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2004, 12:29:58 AM »

It can be one thing to have a bad movie, but to contradict what was already layed out in front of you is a joke. He says he did his homework on this movie but anyone who has seen any of the anliens knows it takes more than 20 min for an alien to suck on your face, lay an egg,reproduce and be fully grown. this movie was a disgrase. I was hoping someone could save the alien movies.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Paul W.S. Anderson Mass Hysteria Hating « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.