Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:10:08 PM
714251 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Flash - AHHHHH and Warcraft III « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flash - AHHHHH and Warcraft III  (Read 1735 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: August 15, 2004, 12:38:34 PM »

I ran across something funny the other day.  I finally got Warcraft III.  Yeah, I know about being behind the curve.  I do not get much time to play games, but figured the waiting time in Iraq might change that.  Watch, I'll never have the opportunity.

Anyway, repeatedly clicking upon units will make them act funky.  They always say something when you click on them and doing it over and over either makes them act annoyed or psychotic.  One of the orc units runs though a gamut, then belts out "FLASH - AHHHHH!"  I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 06:42:54 PM »

Andrew wrote:

> I ran across something funny the other day.  I finally got
> Warcraft III.  Yeah, I know about being behind the curve.  

I've never played or even seen Warcraft III so I'm not even near the curve.
Is a good game?
What type of game is it?
Haze
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 10:40:04 PM »

Warcraft is basically a  more simplistic version of Starcraft. Same with 2. Three added in some legend doo hickey crap and I find it less entertaining. It's not a bad game, but don't go expecting Starcraft with Mr. Flash.

That is funny though. They say really weird things in starcraft too, but that's HAS to be the best yet.
JohnL

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 11:55:58 AM »

>I ran across something funny the other day. I finally got Warcraft III. Yeah, I know
>about being behind the curve.

I'm even more behind the curve. It was only about a year ago that I finally played the original Dark Forces and this past week I've been playing the sequel, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. My friend has already finished Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy. I have a ton of other older games that I've never even played, like Half Life.
Brother Gecko
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 02:47:40 PM »

This is probably a trademark for Blizzard's RTS. It's fun to annoy your troops.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 08:39:34 AM »

John,

You just now played Dark Forces!?  Congrats!  I remember playing that back on Win98.  I unfortunatly lost my copy.

As for me and old games, I just got around to playing American McGee's Alice.  Really great game.  It came bundled in a pack with Clive Barker's "Undying", the fantastic "Dungeon Keeper 2", and Dracula: Resurrection and Dracula: Last Sancturary.

The Dracula games suck, kind of a "Myst" type genre, but the rest of the games are amazing.  Great deal at 20 bucks.

As for Warcraft III, I obtained a copy not long after it was released.  It just didn't seem to have the same magic as the original warcraft games, nor the magic of Starcraft.  Oh well, hopefully the new MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing game) sequel "Worlds Of WarCraft" will be better.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
grrr
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 01:23:57 AM »

why the f**k isnt this a game....... i am looking for a game god dam it >:(
Neville

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 04:27:46 AM »

Hehe, I'm behind the curve as well. I have a thing for old games, because I couldn't afford them when I was a kid, and now I have my PC swarming with emulators of all kind and old PC games. I still play MicroProse's "UFO - Earth Defense" and  "XCOM - Terror from the deep", a couple of great stratey games. They put you in the position of repelling alien attacks to Earth, and they wisely combine base management (like sim-city) with action-packed turn based (yep, not even real time here) combat scenes. I can play them for hours.

If you know how to use the DOSBox utility (it adds DOS support to Windows XP / ME systems), the first "Syndicate" game is also lots of fun.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 06:37:24 AM »

Neville wrote:

> They put you in the position of repelling alien attacks to
> Earth,

Two words:
Missle Command
JohnL

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 08:01:28 PM »

>If you know how to use the DOSBox utility (it adds DOS support to Windows XP /
>ME systems), the first "Syndicate" game is also lots of fun.

Also make sure to get the add-on, American Revolt. One of the missions places all four of your cyborgs on small platforms, so if you let the enemy get in range, you're toast. I loaded all of them with gauss guns, turned their intelligence down so they wouldn't waste them and then just blasted each group of enemy agents as they came in range.

Then there's the sequel, Syndicate Wars, which I still haven't played.

>Two words:
>Missle Command

I always assumed it was just another country attacking you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Flash - AHHHHH and Warcraft III « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.