Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:11:01 AM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite X Files episode « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Favorite X Files episode  (Read 6193 times)
IguanaGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« on: August 17, 2004, 07:10:01 AM »

Well, since a minor debate seems to have started in another topic, and because I recently found cheep 1st, 2nd and 3rd season X Files DVD's that have re-fueled my facination with this series...

What is your favorite X Files episode?

Im hard pressed to choose mine, probably because I havent been able to find all of them on DVD *L*.  But I love the Flukeman, the circus freaks and the one that had Bruce Cambell in it as a demon.

Any other X Files fans out there?

Fry: "Im having one of those things. You know, a headache, with pictures!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 07:42:35 AM »

Definitely the flukeman and the circus freaks for me too. I also enjoyed an early episode with little luminescent bugs that cocoon people. It was one of the first I ever saw, and it hooked me on the show.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the X-Files, but I used to watch it weekly. In it's first couple of seasons, when it was still a Friday night show, a couple of buddies and I used to get together and watch it over beers before going to the bar. The conversation often turned to just how hot Scully was. Kind of lost interest when the overarching consipracy started to replace the monster-of-the-week format. Jumped the shark for me. I think I might be in the minority, but I think it jumped back when Robert Patrick joined the show. He brought a different style, and the show seemed to return to its roots (monster of the week). Kind of hoped Patrick and that other woman would have replaced Mulder and Scully, and taken the show in a new direction. That was probably the intention, but fans can be pretty dumb. I remember a lot of hostility toward Patrick, and a lot of comparisons, simply because he accepted a role on the show after Duchovny decided it was time to move on. It's not like they fired the guy and replaced him with somebody else. I was pretty sick of Mulder and Scully (and Krycek and Smoking Guy, and pretty much everybody but Skinner) by that time anyway. Would have liked the show to carry on with a couple of new faces.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 08:30:58 AM »

I absolutely cannot stand the X Files.

The stories are all cheesy.
The special FX are all cheesy.
The episodes are not scary in the slightest.

The characters of Scully & Muldar are so icy cold that I fail to understand how one could even come close to warming up to them.

I always labeled this show "For Extreme Geeks Only".
Not my cup of tea at all.
Believe me, I've watched many episodes of that crappy series and I disliked every one.

Ugh! Ugh! Ugh!

My vote would be: NO episode is my favorite.

Post Edited (08-17-04 09:09)
dean
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 09:18:38 AM »

Never really watched many episodes of X Files, although I wish I had.  But one I did watch which was extremely well done [from memory: it's been a while] was the 'Cops' episode [don't know the name] where it was presented in the format of an episode of the show 'Cops'.  

It's always a tribute to a series that can pull off that sort of mixing of style, much like the musical episode of Buffy.

We also studied the subject of freaks recently in one of my cinema subjects at uni, and they showed the opening scene to the 'circusfreaks' episode.  It looked pretty funny.
Ed
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 11:53:54 AM »

The "Cops" one was my favorite as well.
-Ed
Fearless Freep

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 12:56:25 PM »

I think I saw one whole episode and parts of a few others.  It never really interested me.

My impression from before the show came out was that it was supposed to be based on real unsolved strange FBI cases.  More like "Project: Blue Book"  I thought that could be pretty interesting

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Dave Munger
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 07:37:03 PM »

All of the humorous episodes that aren't horrible are great. Love the ones where they use that classic sitcom/Rashomon plot where you see different character's versions of what happened, like vampire pizza boy and the one where Charles Nelson Riley is interviewing people for a book he's writting. Liked the cliffhangers, except maybe toward the end, particularly the one where  Scully finds that leper colony and Mulder's on the train with the garrote guy. Liked the one's where Mulder was almost convined that the aliens weren't really real, just a gov plot to discredit people who try to expose whatever the REAL conspiracy is. Liked the Samantha episodes, except for the last one, where we're supposed to believe that everything is wrapped up in such a neat little package that Mulder never mentions his sister again (?!?!). All the conspiracy episodes, up until the blackoil appears (around the time of the movie). All the episodes where Scully and Mulder make out or something, but there's an excuse so it didn't screw up the show, like one of them is possessed or it's all a dream. All the ones that tread dangerously close to being Scooby-Doo episodes, yet somehow were cool. I suppose it would help if I could remember some episode titles.
Kory
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 09:46:15 PM »

"Home"- the one with the creepy inbred people.

The one with Flukeman

The one with the Jim Rose Circus

The one with the mortuary worker/necropheliac

The one with the guy who got struck by lightning & could then strike others

Pretty much anything in season 3
peter johnson
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 10:47:20 PM »

The episode wherein Scully and Mulder were pursuing these David Koresh types who were hiding in an old Civil War munitions hideaway, and then the story morphed unexpectedly into a study in reincarnation, and it was revealed that Mulder was probably a Union infantryman in the distant past.
That one episode could stand alone as an excellent short film, whether you'd ever seen anything else from the series or no.
Really, the very best episodes of the series do/did have that "stand alone" quality.  My wife absolutely hated the "Cartel" episodes, wherein the conspiracy was expounded on, but I didn't really mind.
I liked the "bugs" episode too, and "Home" is one of the creepiest damn things ever shown on TV.
Here in Longmont, they show reruns at 11:30 on Saturday nights on Ch.31.  I'm happily surprised at the number out there NOT on any DVD collection.  Makes it seem more like you're finding an undiscovered gem.
I also really enjoy the one wherein the spirits from this guy's brain reveal themselves as twisted, demonic forms on regular film, always presaging someones death.
Mostly a great show.  Of course, anything that hangs around too long goes a little stale in the end . . .
peter johnson/denny crane
28dayslaterfan
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2004, 10:32:56 PM »

my faveorite was the one where there is the giant chocaroach type monster, who was turning ppl into zomies. creeped me out. 've always been a bit paranoid, and it played into my paranoid thoughts. i don't kno it's name though does ne1 here?
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2004, 11:43:03 PM »

My favorite show would be the one with the Native American/ Werewolves episode. I also like the one about the Loch Ness type creature that ate the dog that Scully was "sitting".
twsmith
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2004, 04:36:15 AM »

I don't really have a favorite, as I enjoyed the series as a whole, and am looking forward to the next movie.

And now, I apologize in advance, but I must take exception to ashthecat's post here.

Why the Hell did you bother to post that drivel in this topic? The original poster is plainly asking for the favorite x-files episode of the many people on this forum . . . not for

"I absolutely cannot stand the X Files."

"The stories are all cheesy.
The special FX are all cheesy.
The episodes are not scary in the slightest."

Nobody asked for your opinion about the show. Save it for another topic.

And then there's this little gem of ignorance:

"I always labeled this show "For Extreme Geeks Only"."

You post on a Goddamn b-movies website BBS. You have no place to be talking about geeks. Hell, "geek" isn't even an insult anymore; ditto "nerd". Many people are now proud to be admitted geeks, myself included.

You have always come off like an incredibly loudmouthed a***ole and your post in this topic is a shining example. Lord knows why I waited until now to speak out about it.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 07:22:34 AM »

Although I never really followed the show that much, my wife did religiously.

I think some of the better episodes that I caught were:

The one where the guy can control the lightening.  I remember that episode to be pretty entertaining.

If my memory serves me correctly, there was one episode I really like around 97 or so.  It involved a guy who could take over people's minds.  I think he was in prison but was being transported and got one of the cops to pull out in front of an 18 wheeler to escape.  If I also remember correctly, he almost made Mulder shoot himself.

I also have fond memories of the "Loch Ness" episode.  Loved the ending to that one.

Ellie mentioned an episode about Native Americans/Werewolves.  I think I remember that being one of the first episodes that I watched.  I also remember there being an early one (season 1 or 2) about twin girls who had some power.  I don't quite remember what, I just remember that they creeped the hell out of me.

I do wish I had watched the show more often.  It seems I have that regret with a lot of shows now, especially Millennium

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2004, 10:35:53 AM »

A bit strong twsmith. Hope you're not trying to stir up trouble.

I do appreciate your point, however. IguanaGirl wasn't asking for criticism of the show, or attacks on people who like it, but rather what those who liked it liked best about it. Somebody with no interest at all would probably be better off just ignoring it. I took some offense to Ash's post as well.

That said, try to avoid calling people loudmouthed a***oles, especially people with a temper.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2004, 11:34:15 AM »

Oh come on!

I didn't mean to offend anybody and if you did take offense to it, then, well, sorry.
I wasn't attacking anyone.
She asked what my favorite episode was and I said "none"...then I gave a reason as to why I said "none".
As for labeling people geeks, did I call anyone here on this board that name in my post?
No I did not.
Hell, I've labeled myself a geek a few times in the past on here.
Matter of fact, I wrote 2 threads on it that got huge responses...99% of them positive.
Do a search for them if you want.

I stand by my post I wrote with as much conviction now as I had the other day when I wrote it.
I do not like the X Files and I'm not alone...other people can't stand it either.

And twsmith....click on my name and look at the number of posts I have here on this board.
Do not presume to tell me what I can and can't write here...
I've written enough here to fill volumes.

Nuff said.

Post Edited (08-19-04 15:43)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite X Files episode « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.