Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:15:05 AM
714322 Posts in 53093 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite X Files episode « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Favorite X Files episode  (Read 6194 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2004, 02:55:36 PM »

No flames please.  I wasn't offended, not everything is everybody's cup of tea.

I liked pretty much the whole series for the about the first five seasons, but Fox sensed  'cash cow' franchise and pushed the show way past  my point of interest.

I really liked the cockroach episode, especially when they had the ones running across your screen. I think that freaked  a lot of people.  Then they found the robotic one.

I also liked the one where peoples cell phones and microwaves were telling them to kill people.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
twsmith
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2004, 04:19:09 PM »

A bit strong twsmith. Hope you're not trying to stir up trouble.

No, I'm just saying something that I felt was long overdue.

--

She asked what my favorite episode was and I said "none"...then I gave a reason as to why I said "none".

You said that after you ripped on the show, not the other way around. Your post is right there.

Like I said, nobody asked for your opinion on the show in this topic, nor is that the intent of this topic.

And twsmith....click on my name and look at the number of posts I have here on this board.

Quanity != quality.

Do not presume to tell me what I can and can't write here...

Don't *you* presume that I did any such thing.
IguanaGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2004, 05:32:24 PM »

Ok, um, I didnt take offence to ASHTHECATs post, he's gor every right to hate the show... Its just T.V.
And Im pretty sure I am a geek.

I just remembered another ot my favorite episodes... The Great Mutato- it was in a later season I think when lots of them started to go crap, but they made it in black and white and it was really atmospheric.
Id forgotten about the cockroach episode. That one was great. I think it was called War of the Coprophages, or something.

Fry: "Im having one of those things. You know, a headache, with pictures!"
Kory
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2004, 06:34:34 PM »

I forgot to mention the one where Stephen King had a hand in it.  This fisherman caught a creepy ass doll in his net & gave it to his daughter.  Not surprisingly, the doll is evil & kills things.  

I'll never listen to the hokey pokey the same way again.
Dave Munger
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2004, 07:49:01 PM »

War of the Coporophages was great, one of the few where I remember the title, which in turn helps me to remember what cockroaches eat. That had robo-roaches. I think the first guy mentioning a cockroach episode was talking about one of the better ones from declining period, that starts with a seige by a seemingly crazy guy who thinks his boss is zombifing people. Generally, cockroach themed episodes are winners.

The lake monster episode was pretty great, had good Mulder character development. Scully's dog was named Quiqueg. Her father used to call her Starbuck.

I mentioned the freak show episode in the previous topic, and the electrical boy episode (which I didn't think anyone else remembered) had Giovani Ribbisi and Jack Black.

What's his name, the guy that coined the term cyberspace, wrote two episodes. I liked the first one, kept missing the second, which didn't sound very good. First one featured the song Twilight Time.
Tilebreaker
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2004, 08:09:48 PM »

William Gibson is the writer you're thinking about.  The book you're referring to is NEUROMANCER.
Tilebreaker
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2004, 12:53:46 AM »

For the Scary ones;
Squeeze and it's Sequel Tooms- guy can stretch through small openings
Gender Bender- Amish like religous group are aliens and can change sex. One goes astray and kills people.  
Darkness Falls- Mulder/Scully trapped in a log cabin with mites that come out at night.
The Host- Flukeman! always wished they'd do a sequel to this.
Excelsis Day- Rest home has ghosts
Die Hand Die Verletzt- Satan teaches a high school biology  class.
Soft Light- Tony Shalub's shadow will kill you
Our Town- A town of long lived residents get a brain diease
Pusher - a guy can control your actions
Hell Money- Chinese immgrants get their organs harvested
Detour- Agents in Florida with Chameleon like monsters
Kitsungari- the sequel to the pusher episode
Arcadia- Mulder/Scully pose as a married couple in a strict gated community

For the Humorous ones
Small Potatoes- guy in West Virgina can change his shape
War of the Coprophages- Roaches invade a small town,
Bad Blood-  Vampire he said/she said episode
Dreamland 1 & 2- Mulder switches bodies with a MIB.
The Goldberg Variation- A Lucky man has a run in with the mob.
Hollywood A.D- A director wants to make an X-files movie.
Je Souhaite- A Genie episode
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2004, 07:24:36 AM »

Dave,

As Tilebreaker mentioned, the guy's name is William Gibson.  As for the "electrical boy" episode, I knew that it seemed like the two leads were familiar.  Thanks for the info on that one!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2004, 07:49:04 AM »

Ooo, I forgot about Squeeze. That was another one of the great early episodes.

The gated community was a pretty funny epsiode too, with a fair bit of truth in it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Dave Munger
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2004, 04:18:11 PM »

My mom's in real estate, and she said there was a lot of truth in "Arcadia". I think the disese in "Our Town" was mad cow or something similar, before it was in the news much. Thanks Tilebreaker, I love finally knowing the titles of those episodes.
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2004, 07:03:41 AM »

I was an X-Phile late in the game, and I haven't broken down yet to buy the series. Perhaps overstock.com has it cheaper than the $140 price tag I have seen per season everywhere else....

I liked war of the coporphages, I also remember hearing that they had to stop re-airing it because people broke their tv sets when the roaches crawled across the screens....lol

Home - the infamous "inbred" episode which was the only X-Files episode to gain the coveted M rating when it aired.

Squeeze - superpowers aside, I liked how they showed how truly disturbing Tooms was when he was picking up dead animals and licking his fingers afterward. EUUGHH!

Pusher was a treat, along with the followup episode further in the series.
[Mulder: He put the whammy on him!
Scully: Please explain to me the scientific nature of the whammy.]

Freaks - I could say that the Enigma is the example of what happens when you get addicted to tattoos - full body tattoo of puzzle pieces. Nice!

But my favorite was the one where the teenage kids got the power to move at superspeed. Being a comic book geek myself, and having always liked the Flash, it was interesting to see how they described the cons on the body's muscles due to moving at superspeed.

That's about it for now - and I wear my geek badge proudly 8^)

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
JohnL

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2004, 07:23:10 PM »

>What is your favorite X Files episode?

Shadows - A ghost seems to be protecting a woman.
Eve - Twin girls turn out to psychotic clones.
Oubliette - A young girl is kidnapped, similar to a previous case.
Syzygy - Two teen girls seem to cause supernatural trouble.
Jose Chung's From Outer Space - An author writes about a fake alien abduction.
Unusual Suspects - Shows how the Lone Gunmen met each other.
How The Ghosts Stole Christmas - Ghosts try to get Mulder and Scully to kill themselves.
Three of a Kind - The Lone Gunmen finally find the woman who brought them together.

>my faveorite was the one where there is the giant chocaroach type monster, who
>was turning ppl into zomies. creeped me out. 've always been a bit paranoid,
>and it played into my paranoid thoughts. i don't kno it's name though does ne1
>here?

Folie a Deux

For anyone who wants to look up episode titles, the following site is great;

The X-Files at TV Tome
Dave Munger
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2004, 07:39:47 PM »

Eve Six the band was named after the grown up Eve, she's Frasiers agent (or manager, I can never tell the difference).

Jose Chung's From Outer Space is in my all time top five episodes. I'm so glad I know the title now! "This is not happening, this is NOT happening!" Hoodoo Voodoo from Lidsville, SCARY.

The Christmas ghosts weren't Ed Asner and some other weird famous person, were they?  I recall that being one of the horrible episodes, but I've only seen it once, so it's possible I'll reevaluate it.

AAUGH! Last night I saw the begining of one I don't remember (I missed a lot from the last two seasons). An entomologist-type-guy was in the woods and he found this thing that looked kind of like a dead monster, he gets all excited and starts examining it. There's this pulsating red thing on it that pops and gets all over his face and in his mouth, he wipes off and starts to take a sample. Then the station went off the air!
JohnL

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2004, 10:16:01 PM »

>The Christmas ghosts weren't Ed Asner and some other weird famous person,
>were they?

Yes, Ed Asner and Lilly Tomlin.

>AAUGH! Last night I saw the begining of one I don't remember (I missed a lot
>from the last two seasons).

I'd look up the title for you, but I'm practically falling asleep. I seem to recall that the infection somehow finds its way into a prison and that a couple infected prisoners manage to escape.
Tilebreaker
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2004, 12:07:58 AM »

They did a Sequel of sorts to Jose Chung's from outer space over on "Millenium" He  teamed up with Frank to help solve a serial killer case. The gimick was the killer was a former member of a scientolgist type church so they poked fun at sceintology a lot in that episode.  I accidently taped it one night and was  suprised.

And the Episode I think you saw was F.Masculata.  opens with a doctor in the jungle looking at a corpse. He gets sprayed in the face by some puss. Then it cuts to a jail cell where a prisoner is opening up a package.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite X Files episode « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.