Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:31:37 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Blade 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blade 2  (Read 4137 times)
josh patrick
« on: October 08, 2001, 10:58:16 PM »

I saw some of the pictures and video from blade2 and it looks really kick-ass. I have to admit though Whistler comeing back is kind of stupid. He should stay dead. Blade was one of the best comic book movies ever. The sequel looks like it will be satisfiying. Seeing how X-men sucked and spiderman looks like a peice of s**t blade is marvels only hope for a good movie franchise.
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2001, 03:02:17 PM »

Oh, I don't know - X-men was pretty good, apart from Sabretooth  and Toad looking kinda crappy. I think if they stick with the Green Goblins current Power Ranger type look then it's gonna be pretty bad for the movie.  A hero is only as good as his villain.

The most frightening thing about Blade 2 is that one of the villains is played by one of the Goss twins from an awful 80's British band called '' Bros '' .

When will I be famous, indeed.
victor
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2001, 07:00:54 PM »

i agree with Reed that X-men was pretty good, but i've heard a lot of folks say it sucked?  can you explain why, josh? ...not trying to stir something up here, just curious.

victor
The Bard
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2001, 08:39:09 PM »

my main problem was basically that none of it went along really with any point in the comics, at least as far as my knowledge is concerned. It seemed to basically be Wolverine, a Little Rogue, on top of a pile of crap. Even worse though is the fact that basically any comic or group of charectors could be interchanged in and out of the movie. A big Ruckus was made about Halle Berry being in the movie, and then she had what seemed to be 3 Lines. Jean Grey had about 7, Cyclops 10. Plus no Gambit p**sed me off too. I could probably keep going if you want.
josh patrick
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2001, 11:07:34 PM »

The reason I think the movie was bad is the story. The Bard was right it was just about one man wolverine, on top of a bunch of cameos. The villians were also horrid. Ray Parks as the Toad made me cringe and sickly. You cant have a good movie without good villians and x-mens were just plain crap. The ending was also really horrible, Yeah lets fight on top of the statue of liberty.
The Bard
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2001, 09:12:27 PM »

Hey, come on now, Toad was the coolest villain other then Magneto. His fight Scenes were decent, and they've discovered a way to have him survive to the sequel despite the obvious death of Electocution.  The real problem with the villians other then Magento was they never explained anything about them outside of Mystique's "People like you are you are the reason I couldn't go to school" although, from what I remember, Mystique was changed into a shapeshifter later on in life, and wasn't born a mutant. They could have extended it to 2 hours easy, maybe even 2 1/2, but FOX's main veiw was to make money. A longer movie  couldn't get as many shows a day as the shortest possible movie.
AndyC
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2001, 10:04:25 PM »

I found that X-Men, while enjoyable the first time in the theatre, bored me the first time I rented the video. It doesn't stand up to repeat viewings. It's basically a feature-length introduction with a bit of story. It takes such a long time to set the stage and introduce all of the characters, some more fully than others, that it almost seemed like the writers went, "oh s**t, we should throw in a plot or something." That story about mutating the leaders of the world was not satisfying at all. It would have been better to pursue the things that had been hinted at but not pursued (yet). Since half the movie was about Wolverine anyway, why not just continue with the story of him finding and confronting his past? I hope that is covered more in the sequel.

Things that would also be welcome in a future X-Men movie: the sentinels, the danger room, Juggernaut, anything remotely exciting.
Chris1
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2001, 01:25:06 AM »

I hated X-Men because they didn't do it right. It supose to like the very first X-Men comic book with the first team Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Angel, Ice Man, and Professor X. Instead they put people that wasn't there in the begining like Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Mystique, Toad, and Sabertooth. I hope in the sequel they fix it right like putting in Angel, and Beast. Then the third one they can put in Gambit and Colossus and other X-Men and other evil Mutants. As for Blade I hated the movie too it was hard to sit in my seat and watched that movie than getting  up and getting  my money back. They mess up the entire movie with stuff that came from their stupid minds than the comic book that's all about him. They forgot that Deacon Frost is a full vampire not half and he's old not young and he's Blade's father and supose dress like the Amish and what's with that incest between Blade and his mother that was just plain nasty all the way. And what's with the tattoos on  Blade the real Blade never had tattoos on his body. I bet the sequel won't have nothing to do with the comic book ether. I'm glad I won't see that one and waste my money on it.
Jim Hepler
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2001, 07:48:46 PM »

Blade the movie is an ADAPTATION of the comic book.  Get it?  Blade isn't half-vampire in the comic books either, at least not the older ones.
Chris1
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2001, 11:40:39 PM »

He is half vampire they said it in the comics I got the one that tells his story his mother wasn't a vampire she was human until her husband Deacon Frost bite her before she can tell him there're going to have a baby together. So after birth of Blade she became a vampire. And  why you said he's not  if he's not then he would get killed by sunlight when walking  outside. He's special because he's not like the others he can walk outside and he's trying to fight vampirism that is inside of him   trying to turn him into a full vampire and kill people.
victor
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2001, 01:30:25 AM »

wow, this has given me a different perspective.  now i know why so many people complained, and i agree that they have good reasons.  i'm guessing that if i knew anything about comics i'd probably think the same thing, and i pretty much ignored the wolverine/rogue dominance, so that also made me think it was a decent/good movie.  i suppose i temporarily got sucked into that black hole of "hey, it's got hot chicks and cool effects so it's good" thought.  i should be ashamed.  thanks, fellas, for your replies.

victor
Deena
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2001, 11:27:07 PM »

I'm excited about learning that another blade movie is even coming out.  The first blade kicked ass.  I'm all about any  movie that is about raver vampires.
Jim Hepler
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2001, 08:33:20 AM »

Old bump here but..  In the Blade comics I've read, apparently the older ones, he is a human.  He has an immunity to a vampire's hypnotic powers, but is otherwise a normal (if in great physical condition) human.  I guess they changed it later.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Blade 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.