Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:55:30 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  That "Man in the Mirror" Movie has cracked « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: That "Man in the Mirror" Movie has cracked  (Read 855 times)
BlackAngel
« on: August 20, 2004, 01:35:16 AM »

I had the displeasure of watching the piece of crap when I came home from work.  Fortunatly, I only saw part of it, but I saw enough of it to know it is crap.  For those who don't know, VH1's Man in the Mirror is about the trials and tribulations of Michael Jackson.  The actor who plays Jackson is Flex Alexander.  If you don't know Flex Alexander, he is currently in this UPN show , One on One.  As I said, he is  playing Micheal Jackson, the CURRENT Michael Jackson!!!  Now, I know the brother does not want to do any plastic surgery, but couldn't somebody from the make-up department do something to make Alexander's black-man-of-a-nose look more "surgically changed".  And, if you look carefully in his close up scenes, you can see that the same make-up people didn't finish putting the powder on his face.  In some other scenes, Alexander's face is acually green.  And as for the rest of the characters, none of them has the slightest resemblence to any of the people actually involved, except the actor who played Joe Jackson, you can see the resemblence only from far away.  The only "real" part of the movie was the actual footage of Michael holding his son over the balconey in Europe.  You couldn't here none of Jackson music, even his old school Jackson 5 songs.  So, people, if you are true Jackson fan (and I know you are) stay away from this "movie".
------------------------------------------------------------
Bulls**t, I can't hear!  Sound off like you gotta pair
Yaddo42
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 05:05:13 AM »

The person who impersonates Jackson who looks the most like him these days is Amy Poehler from SNL. Kind of a sad comment on what the man has done to himself.

I can't see Jackson or his family allowing their music to be used in a quickie biopic designed to exploit his current troubles.

I saw a few minutes one night, and also noticed how little Flex looked like MJ (and wondering how much he was paid, and how much he needed it, to take on a role where he seems to be in a no-win situation). The thing that made me change the channel was feeling a little queasy during a scene when he was talking to a child alone. I don't care if they portrayed him as a harmless man-child or not (didn't see enough to tell if the flick was pro or anti-Jackson) considering that the charges against him involve child molestation (and that he has been accused before) this just seems like a bad choice for all involved.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  That "Man in the Mirror" Movie has cracked « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.