Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:40:55 AM
714146 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite TZ Episode « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Favorite TZ Episode  (Read 8242 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2004, 04:36:11 PM »

To Serve Man....anyone else think the alien in "Phantom from space" looks like a Kanamit?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2004, 06:46:43 PM »

Dave Munger wrote:
"I think Mr Frisby was Slim Pickens."
Mr. Frisby was played by Andy Devine. They did have a similar vocal quality though.
" I kind of remember "Wong's Lost And Found Emporium", but just the setting and a part at the begining where a guy's in the sex shop at the front of Wongs trying to sell them an especially realistic baby doll for pedofiles, at least that's how I remember it."
I recall it as opening in a bar with one of the doors to Wong's in the rear. It's been a while though.

Susan wrote:
 I seem to also remember seeing a show that i want to say was a twilight zone episode. It involved a man who was just living an ordinary boring life, but as it turns out he is, unbeknowgst to him, part of a secret tv show that has been filming his life. (like the truman show)
That was the episode Special Service starring David Naughton (the Dr. Pepper guy) as the man whose life is on camera.

The Burgomaster wrote:
 There is a "ventriloquist's dummy" episode that is pretty good. I can't remember who the star is;
I think you're thinking of "The Dummy" with Cliff Robertson.

TNT was airing The New Twilight Zone on an irregular basis, but they seem to have dropped it earlier this year.

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
Dave Munger
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2004, 06:53:22 PM »

That guy wasn't Slim Pickens? My childhood is ruined!
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2004, 06:58:26 PM »

LOL Dave!

Eirik
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2004, 08:07:55 PM »

Maybe I missed it in my skimming, but I cannot believe nobody mentioned the one with the us that stops at a diner and events transpire to indicate that one of the people there is an alien...  Turns out two were.

Also - anyone remember the episode with the guy who played Sheriff Lobo and two othe guys robbed some gold from somewhere and then went into these cryosleep chambers in a cave so hey would awake in 1000 years super rich and nobody would remember their crime.  One of the chambers broke and the guy aged and died (just like in Serling's Planet of the Apes a few years later) and Lobo winds up killing the other guy he's so consumed with greed.  He gets lost lugging all this gold in the desert and collapses by the road side.  A futuristic car pulls up and these two people come to his aid, laughing at how he has all these gold bars when gold is an entirely common and relatively worthless commodity in the time they arrived at.

My favorite New TZ episode was the lady who found a locket that would stop time if she said the words "Shut up" and resume time when she said "start talking."  She uses it to enrich herself with material gain and grows apart from her family which now seems boring to her.  Then there's a nuclear war and she yells shut up as the missiles are falling.  Final scene: her walking around going mad in her bath robe with a Russian warhead hanging a few hundred feet above her.
Max Gardner
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2004, 10:51:13 PM »

To be honest, I'm not sure why general opinion of this movie is so low. It's been a while since I watched it, but Perlman makes anything watchable, and I remember thinking it was probaby the most original and innovative movie I'd seen on Sci-Fi in a good long while.  Oh well.
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2004, 05:51:30 PM »

Eirik, the first episode you mention is "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up"
The second one is "The Rip Van Winkle Caper". A correction, it starred Simon Oakland, not Claude Akins.
The third one is "A Little Peace and Quiet".
All excellent choices!

JohnL

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2004, 11:52:01 PM »

Claude Akins did appear in an episode called The Little People. He was a member of a spaceship crew who discovers a microscopic civilization. His ego gets the better of him and he becomes their "god", then he gets mad and destroys them. In the end, another ship lands and they turn out to be as large to him as he was to the people he destroyed. They accidentally crush him when they pick him up.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2004, 12:00:07 AM »

The episode with the William Shantner and the diner fortune vending machine.

The episode with the telephone line in the grave.

The episode with the officer, clown, dancer, etc. in a container and they try to get out.

The lady driving and the guy on the road late at night.

The futuristic one with the body models for male and females of a certain age. They had to pick which model they would be.

The episode with the alien cook with the eye on the forehead.

The Alien Cookbook. (or was that Outer Limits?)

Liked them all. Rod Sterling was a local legend in Western Upstate New York where I grew up. He lived in Binghamton N.Y., Taught at Cornell in Ithaca, N.Y., Died In Rodchester N.Y..

Post Edited (08-26-04 00:07)

Kory
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2004, 12:56:36 AM »

The alien cookbook one was "To Serve Man"
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2004, 08:39:02 AM »

Thanks Kory. I just read your previous post and also like the one with Shatner on the plane. The many post post are long and I didn't get to read them all, but will later. Just wanted to put in my two cents.

Mr Briggs inc.
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2004, 05:01:34 PM »

my favorite would have to be the new exhibit
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2004, 10:49:37 PM »

Dave Munger wrote:

>
> My nominations:
>
>  "(The?) Invaders", where some famous actress isn't talking at
> all, she's alone in a cabin getting attacked by little robots,
> at the end she finds their ship on the roof and smashes it with
> an axe...
>

This one was my vote (though I sure could go for many of the others mentioned in the thread).  The famous actress was Agnes Moorehead, Endora of "Bewitched."  I liked the terror portrayed solely by facial expression and action, not by words.

Per TV Tome, the spaceship at the end was the same one used in "Forbidden Planet."

http://www.tvtome.com/TwilightZone/season2.html#ep51

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite TZ Episode « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.