Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:20:20 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hollywood never ceases to amaze me... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Hollywood never ceases to amaze me...  (Read 6799 times)
Writer
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2004, 07:19:26 AM »

Well, if the film traumatized the kids, at least it had a decent side effect: they'll never trust that purple monstrosity again.

I've seen worse, where age appropriateness is concerned: I worked for a movie theater for a short time taking tickets, working the registers, and cleaning the place. Once, when we were showing Green Mile and the Pokemon movie, some redneckish guy came in with his two young blonde daughters in tow. (We're talking 8-10 years old here.) I expected he was going to drop them off at the Pokemon movie before going to see something aimed more at him, the way a lot of other parents were doing, but instead he took them in with him to see the Green Mile!

I couldn't say a word about it because the customer is always right, but I was thinking to myself "Duuude... What is wrong with you?"
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2004, 07:36:27 AM »

While I wouldn't take a child to see The Green Mile, I do believe it would be better than taking them to some slasher flick.  

Atleast Green Mile had circus mice.  

:o)

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2004, 12:07:18 PM »

I can't believe that half of the films that Hollywood put out, made it to the Silver Screen. "Phone Booth" anyone? ; )
Dave Munger
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2004, 06:38:30 PM »

They should probably make more Trilogy Of Terror, Cat's Eye, The Illustrated Man type movies, where it's about three short films and maybe something linking them. I think Phone Booth and Cujo both would have been better that way. Not that I've seen Phone Booth, just sounds like that kind of premise.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2004, 11:04:18 AM »

Incontinentia BUTTOCKS!

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2004, 08:53:13 AM »

Heh, Hollywood doesn't have a monopoly on crappy movies.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Yaddo42
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2004, 12:12:07 PM »

I get the impression that anthology movies don't do that well in US theaters anymore. Which is a shame since like Dave Munger said, there are some plots that would work better as short films in an anthology, but suffer when padded out to feature length. And BTW "Trilogy of Terror" was originally a TV movie, no idea if it later got a theatrical release like some other TV movies did.

I'd prefer that Hollywood just release the foreign originals here rather than drastically re-edit them (Shaolin Soccer, lots of Jackie Chan films) or remake them in usually weaker US versions. I know they are in business to make money, but they hurt themselves quite often with what they screw up. I thought the US version of "Insomnia" was a great little thriller, but I've yet to see the original to compare. But I could do without "Point of No Return", "The Ring", "Welcome to Collinwood", "The Italian Job" (2003), etc. For every remake that came out great (Magnificent Seven, A Fistful of Dollars, a handful of others) you get way too many "Get Carter"-style trainwrecks.

Just makes me glad they never remade "The Killer" with Richard Gere, like I read Hollywood wanted to do years ago. Then again looking at what John Woo has done since he came here, it's still a shame. And that the "Kind Hearts and Coronets" remake with Eddie Murphy didn't go ahead either.
Writer
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2004, 08:40:24 PM »

Uh... yeah... whatever.

Heck, I could envision a father taking his kids to see a movie a bit over their heads, but to this piece, in which two young girls who looked remarkably like his own daughters get brutally and graphically murdered? What can that guy have been thinking?

"Okay, kids. Here's a fun little bedtime story. Once upon a time, there was this farmhand guy--who looked a lot like any number of people in this area that we know--who kidnapped these two little girls--and by the way, they sure looked a lot like you--and took them out into a field where he raped and murdered them. Then another guy got accused for the crimes, and they sentenced him to fry in the electric chair, along with the guy who really was the killer and several other guys who probably deserved to die too. Some of their deaths were really gruesome. The end. Sweet dreams..."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hollywood never ceases to amaze me... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.