Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:52:07 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the most "embarressing" movie you own? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: What is the most "embarressing" movie you own?  (Read 17880 times)
loyal1
« on: August 24, 2004, 08:58:28 AM »

Come on I know you have at LEAST one movie you don't want to admit you own...perhaps could be the worst. but you can't help but liking it...perhaps even love it!

So fess up, which is it?

I guess I will have to fess up too.....so here goes............oh boy......................

Ocean's Eleven (the new version) and mary Poppins.

There I said it!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 09:13:36 AM »

Heartbeeps. I don't like it, but I do own it, and it's kind of embarassing.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
the bouncer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 09:45:07 AM »

The flinstones i always try and hide it when my friends come to my house.
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 09:52:57 AM »

Showgirls.  And I have never been able to watch it all the way through.  It's just that wretched.
Dean
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 10:06:10 AM »

Funny point, we studied Showgirls the other day at Uni, part of Cult/Trash cinema.  We study the classics, as you may tell.

What's so bad about Oceans 11 and Mary Poppins, sure Mary Poppins is a bit iffy to own, but the new Oceans 11 was a great, well made movie.

There are two dvds that people consider I should be embarrassed about: Double Dragon and Plan 9 From Outer Space, but as a bad movie fan, I'm pretty proud of both.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 10:13:28 AM »

I'm going to have to say Gone In 60 Seconds - The new Cage trash flick.

I hate hate hate hate it.

Someone gave it to me as a gift and I unfortunatly opened it and watched it.  

Awful.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
loyal1
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 10:19:11 AM »

Dean wrote:

> What's so bad about Oceans 11 and Mary Poppins, sure Mary
> Poppins is a bit iffy to own, but the new Oceans 11 was a
> great, well made movie.
>
>

I like the movies too, and why I own them, however, I do get picked on for it.  They always tell me that the original for Ocean's Eleven is WAAAAY better, and the remake shouldn't have been done, but I like the remake.  Loved Carl Reiner in the film...and the guy who plays Sol.  

Mary Poppins...well that is a nostagic film for me...just loved it as a kid, and it still gets to me now.  It is a bit embarressing, but I still keep it out with all my other collections...looks pretty funny sitting between Dr. Strangelove and a Clockwork Orange though...lol
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 10:25:04 AM »

Mary Poppins is an entertaining movie and a classic, and it has an entire Simpsons episode based on it. I wouldn't be embarassed about it. Of course, if I did own it, people would assume it was part of my wife's collection of musicals. Come to think of it, she might own it. I'm going to check that.

Post Edited (08-24-04 10:26)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
loyal1
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 10:30:43 AM »

Hi, my name is Leila (Hi Leila)

I own Mary Poppins and I am PROUD OF IT (applause, applause, applause)

Thanks!
FacelessFear01
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 10:33:21 AM »

Sleepless in Seattle. I swear I will NEVER listen to Jim Carrey give advice on women EVER again!!

~grumbles~
tasha
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 10:42:12 AM »

hmmm i dont think i have any movies that im emabrassed about ... unless u count home videos ...heh heh but i guess if there arwe any that i wouldnt want ppl to see id have to pick... all the brave little toaster movies and all the planet fo the apes .. cant stand them lol
loyal1
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 10:47:34 AM »

tasha wrote:

> hmmm i dont think i have any movies that im emabrassed about
> ... unless u count home videos ...heh heh

You just reminded me of two student films I did...I did 5 all together, but 2 should be burned and out of the acrchives.  Oh how awful!  I cringe when my mother wants to show people so I confiscated them...lol  Now they are safely buried in my apartment.

Although the burning of the tapes sounds great...........hmmmmm
daveblackeye15

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 11:47:16 AM »

I am a bit embarrased that I own, and enjoy, the "Guyver". I'm talking about the live action american one, we go way back so I don't hate it. Another one I'm embarrased about is also "Guyver" related. It's episode 8 of the Japanese Guyver t.v. show. It's dubbed (quite badly) and they made this one bad-ass character into a dork (Aptom). I'm embarrased that I own this episode but thankfully I own the DVD with the original Japanese language.

I'm sure I have movies more embarrashing but I can't think of them now.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
nobody
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 02:18:55 PM »

I own "Super Mario Bros." That's pretty pathetic. And next to that on my media shelf- "Wizard" starring Fred Savage.
BlackAngel
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 03:23:04 PM »

Daredevil.  Mind you, I didn't see it in theaters, I've all heard word of mouth about bad it is. But just had to buy the dvd out of curiosity, and now that I've seen it, that was a good $20 wasted.
-------------------------------------------------
Bulls**t!  I still can't hear you, sound off like you gotta pair
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the most "embarressing" movie you own? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.