Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:49:12 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the most "embarressing" movie you own? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: What is the most "embarressing" movie you own?  (Read 17890 times)
loyal1
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2004, 03:15:15 AM »

I have seen this monstrocity...in fact if you do a search we mentioned this film before and Susan gave the most HILARIOUS link that commentates on the whole Tim Curry scene when they finally introduce him.  Remember the song "Anything Can Happen on Hallowen" and the sad excuse for special effects in the background???

At least the wizard in Harry Potter didn't break out into song for no apparent reason! lol.

Actually, i will do a search now and get that link...it is so worth seeing again!
loyal1
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2004, 03:18:10 AM »

you will find susan's thread post along with pic and link here

http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/read.php?f=2&i=71053&t=70656#reply_71053
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2004, 04:25:45 AM »

Hehe!
That was f**king hilarious!

I like this pic the best:

He looks like he just smoked the best weed in the world!

Tim Curry always strikes a funny chord with me because he looks ALMOST EXACTLY like my uncle Gary.  (my mom's brother)
He looks most like my uncle in "Scary Movie 2"  and "Congo" when he has the beard & moustache like in this pic:

I actually bought my uncle "Scary Movie 2"  as a funny joke one recent Christmas.
We all watched it together and everyone laughed their asses off at how much he looks like Curry.
He took it pretty good.
He said he was gonna burn the tape when no one was around.

One other funny fact....
Tim Curry & I share the same birthday....April 19th.

Hehe!

Post Edited (08-25-04 04:43)
IguanaGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2004, 05:21:31 AM »

Well, I did own Mary Poppins, but my brother confiscated and hid it, along with my copy of Heidi and The Dark Crystal, because he got sick of me watching them.
Childhood obsessions are the hardest to break: )

Fry: "Im having one of those things. You know, a headache, with pictures!"
loyal1
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2004, 05:50:09 AM »

My fav was the one where he is standing next to the sorry excuse of a skeleton..lol
Yeah I love that link, hilarity through and through.

I have a secret for you...I use to have a crush on Tim Curry, so you can imagine my horror and confusion when I saw the First Witch!  I only rented it because he was in it.  

If you could have only seen my face upon first viewing.  It was like I was in shock, and I couldn't move "Turn off the video! Don't turn it off! keep it on! turn it off!"  My mind and heart in a whirl...it's like watching your best friend go up for a stand up act and no one is laughing at their jokes.

PS.  Weird about your Curry "relations"
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2004, 06:44:49 AM »

loyal1 wrote:

> I have a secret for you...I use to have a crush on Tim Curry,

You're a girl?!
I assumed this whole time that you were a guy!
Or...maybe you are a guy....but like Seinfeld said, "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

Which is it?

Post Edited (08-25-04 06:47)
loyal1
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2004, 07:57:44 AM »

It's funny, but I find that when people find out my sex they are surprised.  Ah well, what can I say? :)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2004, 10:30:58 AM »

Wow, that Tim Curry song looks mind-blowingly awful. I must find a copy of that movie. That's just bad, weird and funny enough that I would display it with pride.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
loyal1
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2004, 10:53:09 AM »

As Mel Brooks once said in reply to a woman that told him his film the Producers was vulgar:

"Lady, it rose below vulgarity."  Love that quote and the movie.

This movie is the WORST, but soooo worth it to see Tim Curry in his "10 minute music video" (as painful as it is to see).  The link is much more funny after you watch it.

Let me know your thoughts when you do see it........
raj

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2004, 02:40:42 PM »

What an absolute trainwreck.  I've got to see it now.
Susan
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2004, 06:13:08 PM »

I just found this thread. I can't stop laughing over all the Tim curry comments..lol

Don't forget to read the entire "Worst Witch" saga. It's divided in articles, here's where it begins Worst witch
Do not doubt the diabolical nature of this film...nor Curry's contribution to creating one of the most disturbing sequences of visual effects ever layed out on film.

And for curry fans here's a fun little link on the same site Curry Curse

Btw some ofyou people aren't fessing up. I KNOW you have way more embarasing stuff than that. I'm sure nobody will confess they have "Dying Young" or some other chick flick without saying it's their wifes movie. Some dark secrets were never meant to be discovered i guess.

i'm embarassed of nothing I own. Well, maybe a little bit of 'clan of the cave bear'
;-)

Post Edited (08-25-04 21:52)
Kory
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2004, 06:31:04 PM »

I forgot to mention...

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
raj

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2004, 07:28:08 PM »

I do have Assault of the Killer Bimbos, but it's proudly out there.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2004, 09:41:16 PM »

Susan wrote:
> more embarasing stuff than that. I'm sure nobody will confess
> they have "Dying Young" or some other chick flick without
> saying it's their wifes movie.

Well, I do have a copy of Silence Like Glass, a touchy-feely chick flick with Jami Gertz as a dancer with cancer. Can't remember if she dies or not. Mostly a lot of hugging and crying. I bought a box of used movies, and it was in there. Watched it once. I don't even think it's on the shelf. I think I stuck it in a box in the basement, with a bunch of old taped TV episodes.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Susan
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2004, 09:57:05 PM »

Andy, I remember that film! I saw it years ago at that magic hour of 3am when anything on tv seems like a really good movie. But definately a certified chick flick, that means someone has to come down with a terminal illness and die.  Havent' seen it in years I guess i can relate, when i was 19 i had to watch my close friend die of cancer. I had totally forgotten about that flick

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the most "embarressing" movie you own? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.