Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:42:26 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Frigtening Kids Shows and Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Frigtening Kids Shows and Movies  (Read 5194 times)
Yaddo42
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2004, 08:33:55 AM »

Has anyone seen "Brum", another UK import that airs on TLC early in the morning. The adventures of a living miniature Tin Lizzy that sneaks out of a garage and rescues stolen items and captures various overacting crooks to help out lots of overacting nice people.

Very much like a live action cartoon as far as story and action goes, but with no dialogue, I guess there are lots of actors with pantomine training looking for work in the UK. The only voice you hear is a childlike narrator who says things like "They're bad people, Brum." and "Way to go Brum! You're the greatest!" The car's "personality" mostly consists of rocking back and forth (like a kiddie low rider), honking its horn, flapping its doors, and accelerating with the sounds of a rev of the motor and squealing tires.

The whole thing should come across as innocent and fun, but it doesn't. Maybe four year olds like it, but I can see some of them being frightened by the car. Also the show has one of the most annoying kiddie show theme songs I think I've ever heard.
mohamed
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2004, 01:56:04 PM »

Hi my name is sexy
Menard
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2004, 02:37:06 PM »

Apparently I missed something.

trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2004, 08:17:19 PM »

Sid and Marty Kroft were on some serious drugs when they came up with H.R. Puffnstruff.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2004, 08:38:01 PM »

kind of off topic but Clive Barker wrote a book that's sort of an all ages dark fairy tale: the Thief of Always.  i heard they were making it into a film but i don't know if it was ever finished.
DARKWOLF
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2004, 12:23:44 AM »

I was in love with ISIS she was hot back then and still is hot.Did anybody see her on Vh1's Were Are They Now Superheroes? I had a real Krofft nightmare myself when I was 2 to 5 about Land Of The Lost with those Sleestaks chasing me with that creepy music they play on all the shows. Also had a  Dr. Shrinker nightmare.
Wence
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2004, 03:51:42 PM »

Skaboi´s picture of "Boobah" is cool, I find these "Aliens" interesting.

Someone mentioned that they are more frightening than the scum-tubbies, man, that´s scarcely possible - teletubbies are not just bad, they are a curse!

Well, I can imagine that in the fifties or sixties these Boobah-Aliens would have made up a good marsian invasion force or venusian colonists or whatever ...
Ed Wood would have been proud of such "convincing" aliens!
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2004, 04:43:10 PM »

hola and salutations,
i love when this topic comes up. i often bring it up. i am on the road right now and using limited time on the computer.

i must read all of this thread fully, but i'd like to throw my usual 50 cents in the mix.

1. i was scared by the brady bunch episode where the boys try to scare the girls and the other way around.

2. a show produced locally i think in south dakota (where i am now). basically a female mister rogers (?).  she would leave her house and a giant pink bunny would rummage around her pad and then silently motion for us kids to "keep the secret." the woman would suspect and ask us children if we had seen anyone. the understanding was that she was not told by us. so, i guess we learned to allow large bunnies to break-and-enter-and-leave unchecked.

over and out,
"the future freaks me out," m.c.s.,
down and out,
mr. henry
www.310am.com
the future will be digitized, filtered, broadcast, and then erased.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Master Blaster
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2004, 05:34:31 PM »

I was flipping through the channels a few years ago and I happened across the local Spanish channel. There was some weird girl in clown makup dancing around with this gigantic freak in a black executioners outfit and baby clothes. I wish I had a pick or something. It was just weird as hell.
JohnL

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2004, 05:41:44 PM »

Many, many years ago, when we only had an antenna, I was exploring the weird, unknown region of the dial known as UHF. I came across a sketch on some kids' show that had a girl sitting in an Egyptian style tomb mixing (or pretending to mix) something in a bowl, while a couple of mummies or statues stood behind her. They'd move toward her and she'd look up and scold them with something like "No! This cake isn't for statues!". I have no idea what it was, but the whole idea of living statues (or maybe mummies) gave me the creeps.
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2004, 09:28:27 PM »

I'd have to agree that these television stations should be a little more careful as to what type of content is used on their shows. However, I'm sure their argument would probably go something like this : "Hey, get with the times.." "It's a whole new world out there."

I shudder every time I think of all of the scum of the Earth that will try to influence my children as they grow older.
Dave Munger
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2004, 09:58:23 PM »

My Dad's from South Dakota, I think that show's called "Don't Nark On The Bunny".
Menard
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2004, 10:28:50 PM »

I have heard pretty close to that remark from the host of 'Fear Factor' on a talk show. I do not like that show but people I never would have guessed strangely enough love that show. These CSI series are fankly on too early for the content. There used to be a standard, so it seemed, that shows with more violent or adult themes would not air before 10PM. You heard all of the hooplah about the split-second Janet Jackson wardrobe incident, and that's nothing compared to what they are showing on CSI and Fear Factor. Even the show that I like, Navy NCIS, is on too soon for its content, 8 E.S.T./7 C.S.T. And you know what is even scarier Sugar_Nads? That makes twice that we have agreed on something within the same day ( :

Joe
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2005, 06:15:32 PM »

Darkwolf, don't feel alone my friend. I had Land of the Lost nightmares as well. That show also ruined my life, since it got me interested in stop motion, special effects and led to a life in theatre....

The shows that really freaked me out as a little kid were all the "monster of the weeks" that they had on "Space Ghost" and "Jonny Quest". Some of those creations from Hanna Barberra just had me in a cold sweat. I especially remember the weird, one-eyed energy monster from one episode of JQ. I was absolutely terrified of that thing, and the sound it made.

The other kids show that "got to me" was, believe it or not, Disney's version of "Babes in Toyland". I remember one scene in particular, where the villian gets ahold of some sort of shrinking gun, and reduces the hero to ken doll size. Then he threatens the heroine that he'll zap him again, down to nothing, if she doesn't play along. It had everything: loss of power, bondage, weird props, the fear of guns my dad instilled in me at an early age, and Annette Funichello (sp?). No wonder I ended up rather kinky as an adult! ;)
JohnL

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2005, 07:31:58 PM »

>I especially remember the weird, one-eyed energy monster from one episode of
>JQ. I was absolutely terrified of that thing, and the sound it made.

I thought I was the only one! I can remember lying in bed at night, sure that the energy monster was lurking right outside the window.

Also, not specifically a kids' show, although it was treated that way a lot of the time; Lost in Space. The episode with the invisible swamp monster leaving footprints as it walked and later appearing as a shaggy bigfoot type creature, gave me nightmares.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Frigtening Kids Shows and Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.