Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:29:15 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need some help for Halloween « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need some help for Halloween  (Read 3695 times)
Yoda
« on: October 11, 2001, 12:38:32 PM »

I'm trying to come up with a costume for a Sci-Fi themed Halloween party.  Don't think I can put togetger a Gammora costume so I'm trying to get some ideas from old, bad Sci-Fi movies.  My current top pick is Sam Hell from Hell Comes to Frogtown.
AndyC
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2001, 12:55:33 PM »

How about a jugger from The Blood of Heroes? It's mostly old, distressed sporting equipment and other readily available items.
Yoda
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2001, 12:58:10 PM »

My god I am home at this website.  I own that movie.  Not a bad idea for a costume though.
ASHTHECAT
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2001, 09:09:51 PM »

How about Leatherface from "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".  You could find a piece of leather somewhere and cut it to shape your face.  Buy a cheap wig that matches his hair.  Then find a pair of old overalls and splatter them with fake blood.  In my opinion, you should go as a character most everybody knows.  The last thing you want is everybody coming up to you and asking "who are you supposed to be"?  Don't forget the chainsaw!
Nathan
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2001, 10:36:35 AM »

Or even a more generic post-apocalyptic warrior -- in fact, the more generic, the better:  leather and quilting clothing (with added studs, naturally), old scuffed football padding, raccoon-style eye make-up, a necklace made out of a busted circuit board...

Nathan
Yoda
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2001, 10:58:00 AM »

Leatherface ain't a bad idea, but that's more Horror than Sci-Fi (the party's theme).  We're even constructing the 2001 monolith in the back yard.

Well hell, one guy came as "Nomad" from Hardware last year.  These are pretty knowledgeable folks.  There are some who would get the Jugger from Blood of Heroes.  My first thought was Dynamo from Running Man, but I'm 6'3" and weigh 165lbs so that was out.  Next thought was one of the puppets from Puppetmaster.  That's still an option.  I'd do Tron, but can't figure out how to light myself up.  If I could build it I'd be Maximillian from The Black Hole or if I can find the hat maybe Lightning from Big Trouble in Little China.

So far I know one group is coming as the Ghostbusters and another as Brad Pitt from 12 Monkeys.  Another says he's going to outdo his Hugh Heffner (with bunnies!) from last year so I gotta get creative.
The Honn
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2001, 12:34:38 PM »

I once went to a Halloween party as Alex from A Clockwork Orange. But thats not a bad movie so it doesnt really count...but I still looked great. Ozzy Osbourne this year-much more revelvant to Halloween. But still not to bad movies...ah forget it.
Nathan
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2001, 10:30:51 AM »

Hee hee... Howsabout going as Daryl Hannah in Blade Runner?

I slay myself.

Nathan
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need some help for Halloween « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.