Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:08:21 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: WASPS, BEES and HORNETS OH MY!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OT: WASPS, BEES and HORNETS OH MY!!  (Read 2266 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2004, 10:04:53 PM »

Scott:

Mondo cool hair dude!

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Susan
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2004, 10:13:19 PM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

> Other than The Swarm, what other killer bee movies are out
> there?

Deadly Invasion:
The Killer Bee Nightmare (which btw is stupid)
The Deadly Bee's
The Killer Bee's
The Bee's
The Savage Bee's :)

God i guess that's it? One of them sticks out for me, someone is trapped in their car and decides to drive this car, covered with all the bee's to...a stadium i think? I guess they meant to do it, seems like it was a slugbug but then - maybe it was a bus. They all run together

I'm not sure why nobody gives wasp any props. They are nastier because they can keep stinging, while a bee pretty much stings you and their insides pull out. (Btw, that documentary also had a really NASTY closup of what happens during the mating, the stinger isn't the only thing that pulls off!!)  Anyhow, can't think of many wasp movies. I remember an awsome scene in "sinbad and the eye of the tiger" tho ;-)

Post Edited (09-01-04 22:16)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2004, 12:43:07 AM »

Speaking of bees, I found this article in Yahoo's Oddly Enough section.

Oddly Enough - Reuters

Kids Plus Rocks Equals 120,000 Angry Bees

Mon Aug 16, 9:56 AM ET  

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Kids throwing rocks stirred up
more trouble than they bargained for when they
dislodged a swarm of bees from an enormous hive built
in the wall of a Southern California apartment
building, authorities said on Friday.

An estimated 120,000 bees held residents of the
apartment building and nearby homes hostage in Santa
Ana, California after the children pelted their 500
pound (227 kg) hive with rocks on Thursday, Santa Ana
Fire Captain Steve Horner said.

Several people, including firefighters, news reporters
and a TV cameraman, reported being stung and at least
two people were taken to a hospital with multiple
stings, Horner said.

Firefighters cordoned off a four-block area to allow
the bees to calm down and return to their hive. An
exterminator later fogged the hive and vacuumed out
40,000 dead bees, then set a trap for returning worker
bees, of which about 80,000 were captured, Horner
said.

The quarter-ton honeycomb, which may have accumulated
inside the apartment wall for years, was so big it was
threatening the structural integrity of the two-story
building, Horner said.

500 pounds!!!
HOLY s**t that's a big hive!

Post Edited (09-02-04 00:43)
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2004, 07:22:10 AM »

Susan,

You just brought back a high school memory.  One of my friends decided to do a biology project on the dance that the bees do.  Then he gets up in front of the class and proceedes to do what we named "The Waggle".  It is by far the funniest thing I have ever seen ANYONE do in my entire life.  

It was also great to see him do it in later years while completely smashed at a party.  Hilarious stuff.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2004, 07:23:29 AM »

I have Directv and we got local stations back in June. I had pre-ordered them , so they gave me a free dish upgrade. The guy comes out to put up the dish (which is mounted  edge of the roof), and he's up on the ladder about  12 feet unscrewing the LNB so he can disconnect the cable and big ass bumble bee comes whizzing out after him.  The idiot is standing on the ladder trying to hit the bee with his hat, the ladder is swaying around and  I'm  having pictures of a lawsuit dancing in my head.

He finallly got sense enough to get off the ladder and wait until the bee settled down. Then we got him with some bug spray.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2004, 02:06:41 PM »

trek_geezer wrote:

> He finallly got sense enough to get off the ladder and wait
> until the bee settled down. Then we got him with some bug
> spray.

Actually, the best thing to kill wasps & bees is a big can of carburetor cleaner.
The kind with the long red thin straw coming out of the nozzle.
Put that baby right up to them and "PSHH" no more pests!
That stuff is like acid to them.
Dave Munger
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2004, 04:02:19 PM »

How many of those bee movies had Micheal Caine in them?
Yaddo42
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2004, 06:41:39 AM »

Susan, that was "The Savage Bees" that had the VW Bug (Oh the ironic humor! Or not.) covered in bees being driven into the New Orleans Superdome to use the powerful air conditioning system to wipe out the bees.

Can we include goofy stand up comedian Killer Beaz in this? He has a sting all his own, I guess.

www.killerbeaz.com
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2004, 01:59:17 PM »

The whole family has been affected by bees, hornets, and/or wasps. I was the first one stung by a honey bee. Then later, my sister was stung by a hornet. They like sweets, and it was attracted to the sweet she was eating. But, it was my mother who was really affected, as she was allergic to beestings. The one time I remember she was stung by a bee, she was lucky she didn't die from it.

Now the situation is worse, with Africanized killer bees living in the southern part of the state,  in which I live.

Actually, bees are more dangerous then rattlesnakes. More people dieing in the U.S. from beestings, then from rattlesnake bites.

As for wasps, for the last three years, they have been building their nests by the front door, where I live. On the wooden fence in front, then in the eaves above the front door. This year its the biggest nest yet. If they get any bigger, I might have to do something about it. But right now, they don't bother me, and I don't bother them. Its a live and let live situation.

The www.imdb.com lists over a hundred films about bees, so I won't list them all. I can't find any films about hornets, but I did find eleven films about wasps.

Death Wish Club -- Food of the Gods -- Harvester -- Johnny, the Giant Killer-- Monster from Green Hell -- The Nest -- Parole Officer -- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 -- Vilmarken Kaller -- Wasp Woman and its 1995 remake.

While Michael Caine has been in a number of B-movies, the only bee movie he has made so far, is "The Swarm."

JohnL

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2004, 09:06:43 PM »

>Are you alergic to bee or wasp venom?

No idea, I've never been stung.

>Have any of you had a freaky experience with bees, wasps or hornets?

None to match yours. The freakiest experience was once when I was like 12-13, I was riding in the back of the car and I felt something in my hair. I ran my hand over my hair and felt what I thought was a piece of leaf or something. It was tangled up in my hair, but I managed to pull it out. When I looked at it I was surprised to find I was holding a live bee/wasp (I don't remember which now). I quickly tossed it. I'm lucky I wasn't stung.

>Lately I've been using the CONAIR nose trimmer

I just use a small pair of needle-nosed pliers and pluck the hair out. :)

>What is really a mystery is those with obstructed ears because of ear hair growth
>sometimes have more wax in them. Why doesn't an ear full of hair stop a bee
>from making wax there?

Umm, you do know that ear wax doesn't come from bees, don't you?

>Actually, the best thing to kill wasps & bees is a big can of carburetor cleaner.

My parents always use brake cleaner. Probably has similar ingredients.
Yaddo42
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2004, 05:43:07 AM »

My grandfather uses gasoline, since it is while cutting the grass that he finds most of the wasps' nests, and he goes with what's at hand. He has this weird underhand fade-away flicking technique to splash the nest with gas while he turns his head to avoid any that come after him. It works, and kinda fun to watch, since he won't let anyone else use his gas can.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: WASPS, BEES and HORNETS OH MY!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.