Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:34:59 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  what was the first film you ever seen « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what was the first film you ever seen  (Read 2139 times)
the bouncer
« on: September 02, 2004, 09:20:51 AM »

Do you remember the very first horror/scifi film you ever seen.I first one i ever seen was the original dawn of the dead.
George
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 09:54:25 AM »

The first one I can remember seeing was Star Wars.  All bean kind of downhill since then, although I did see The Black Hole and Tron in theatres too.  My first horro film would have been Friday the 13th.

The very first movie ever..........get ready...........Six Pack Annie.
ED
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 02:14:48 PM »

I saw the DiLaurentis King Kong in the theatre.  I was a bit young to REALLY follow.  But I remember it pretty well.  
-Ed
Dave Munger
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 04:00:44 PM »

I saw Star Wars pretty close to the time I saw Semi Tough (Burt Reynolds) and one of the Love Bug movies (the one where he's controlled by a special belt). Semi Tough I saw in the theatre in Ritzville Washington, where our car broke down when my dad was trying to drive me to South Dakota to visit family. I remember that boobs were grabbed, that made a bigger impression on me than anything else in it.
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 09:01:14 PM »

FRANKENSTEIN was not only my first horror memory, but may well have been one of my very first memories. I'm guessing, but I must have been about 3 years old. Frankenstein was throwing furniture (or something) into a firery pit and a mob was approaching the castle of the monster on TV. I'm not even sure which one it was, but it was definately one of the Universal classics. The year must of been about 1967 when I saw it.

Other than that the films I always looked forward to when I was younger in the 70's was WIZARD OF OZ, THE BIRDS, and of course GODZILLA movies. I use to have dreams that GODZILLA was coming down my street and the whole earth shook and remember hoping he dosn't step on our home.

During the 70's I would stay up late up to 10 pm if I could stay awake after my family went to bed. I would fall asleep usually before the ending of CHILLER THEATER. My father would usually have to wake me or carry me to bed as I would rarely be able to keep myself awake till 10pm.

Also during the 70'sI would catch MONSTER MOVIE MATINEE every Saturday around 1 pm.

There was another channel that played all the giant monster movies like GODZILLA and I think the name of that program was CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE. They would show two films in the afternoon.

The first Horror film I remember seeing at the movie theater was THE LEGEND OF BOGGY CREEK. Loved it. It was a film done documentary style and I actually believed the whole story when younger. Well done. Scariest by far for being approximately 10 years old.

Those are my earliest Horror memories.

Most memorable TV Horror films besides the TOHO variety were:

Them !
Giant of the Unknown
The Crawling Eye
The Horrors of the Black Museum
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
13 Ghost
Tarantula
Attack of the Puppet People
The Thing
It Came from Outer Space
I was a Teenage Frankenstein
Flesh Eaters

Post Edited (09-07-04 07:49)

Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 10:50:20 PM »

"Wizard of Oz."
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 12:29:01 AM »

I was born in 1974 and Star Wars came out in '77 so mine would definitely be Star Wars.

Same goes for The Black Hole also.
I most vividly remember Clash of the Titans when I was a boy.

Eirik
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 10:03:15 AM »

On TV: It would have been something like "Gwanji" or "Valley of Gwanji" - that's at least the one that stuck in my head because it combined my two favorite things in the universe (at the time): Dinosaurs and cowboys!  One climactic scene took place in a Catholic church so for like three years after that I would sit in church and spend the whole sermon imagining a gigantic dinosaur crashing in and eating everyone.

In the theater: Not sure - either Jaws or Star Wars, whichever was released first.  Jaws probably had a greater psychological impact on me than any other movie I have ever seen.  Even in chlorinated fresh-water swimming pools I have flashbacks.
Kory
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 07:08:12 PM »

I saw "Poltergeist" when I was 3.  It sucks to see Poltergeist when you're 3.

My poor husband, though:  His parents were SO fantastic that, when he was 5, they were lacking a sitter, so they took him to see "The Exorcist".  Nice.
loyal1
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 01:13:53 AM »

My first horror film I remember seeing was Poltergeist or the Shinning...not sure which came first, but it was around the same age (6)

My first Sci Fi would be Return of the Jedi, and on the big screen was The Last Starfighter

However I was watching TV shows before then that dealt with Sci Fi...remember Dr. Who?  V? and of course Star Trek with my grandfather. :)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  what was the first film you ever seen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.