Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:35:02 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  You're Never More Than 3 Feet Away From A Spider « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: You're Never More Than 3 Feet Away From A Spider  (Read 10678 times)
Eirik
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2004, 06:59:34 PM »

Ah...how could I have forgotten 8 Legged Freaks!
That was a good flick.

AND it has Kari Wuhrer!
peter johnson
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2004, 07:48:35 PM »

I love the good ol' fashioned "Tarantula", with Leo G. Carroll's melting face -- way cool!
I dug the "Freaks" flick, too, but thought the ones attacking the bikers were pretty preposterous -- I mean, I don't care what ground-rules you establish re. the behaviour of your monsters in a flick, but please be consistent.  The speed of those spiders fluctuated about 30mph or more:  Either they're fast enough to catch a speeding biker, or not fast enough to catch a running victim, but please not both --
Re. Living with spiders:
For 3 years we lived in an ultra-rustic home in the mountain town of Gold Hill, Colorado.  Numerous species of spider would come into the house throughout the year.  Rather than begin a battle already lost, we just decided to coexist with them, pushing them out of the way if they became annoying, but never killing them.  We called them "scary friends".
To this day, even though my wife and I live in the civilized boredom of Longmont, Colorado, we still won't kill a spider in the house, of whatever species.  We just say, "scary friend on the counter", & avoid it until he or she moves on.  
We've never been bitten.
I've handled lots of tarantulas.  They are so light, that you can barely feel them -- if they run across your hand or arm, it feels like numerous tiny paintbrushes -- highly ticklish, but not unpleasant.
Spiders in the Movies note:
Watch the Hammer "The Hound of the Baskervilles", with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.  There's a scene wherein a tarantula crawls on Henry -- Chris Lee -- Baskerville, as he looks terrified.  Lee says in his biography that there was no acing at all involved -- he has a genuine terror of spiders, so what you're seeing on film is the REAL "Fear Factor" closeup!
peter johnson/denny crane
Susan
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2004, 09:52:16 PM »

Guess nobody mentioned a certain will shatner movie. hmm
Then we have "tarantula: the deadly cargo"

If you wanna go in the direction of good spiders there' always "Charlotte's Web".

Overall not many good spider movies, but a few memorable scene with spiders in the movie. I wasn't a fan of 8 legged freaks, I think the only part i found scary was when th woman was feeling in her cabinet for something and the spider was in there. It became silly when they turned into these supersteroid spiders and cgi took over. They're scarier when they're small. (think of all the scenes in arachnaphobia where the little spidies are sneaking up on unsuspecting people - like the shower scene)

Oh, and SPIDER-MAN....heh

wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2004, 03:59:32 AM »

I hate spiders and usually will kill them when I see them. To me they are simply disgusting things that have no place in my house.  But as much as I hate spiders the absolute worst things to find are centipedes. God are those things horrible and no matter what they die.

Smells like popcorn and shame
loyal1
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2004, 04:47:28 AM »

Susan said:

"I saw large tarantulas running around outside alot. In fact if someone ever abandoned their house you could tell because it would be covered outside with tarantulas. "

Did you say "covered"???  That is just about the creepiest thing I ever heard.

As for the bed experience....I have had that too, but not with any big freakin fuzzy one!  I was minding my own biz in my college dorm, and there is this big (to me) spider just crawling up my leg.  Yeah, I freaked.  Would NOT go back in my room without reenforcement from the student body.  If YOUR bed experience with a big furry spider had happened to me, I just  think I would have jumped out of  a window to my death.  Yup, that sounds about right.

I hate bugs, spiders, or any bug with more than 4 legs.  If they don't bother me, I won't bother them, but if they are in my room, well it ain't big enough for the both of us, so they best stay tucked away in some crack in the wall.

I am totally creeped out now by this whole post...there is no way I will sleep well.
loyal1
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2004, 05:06:56 AM »

I am going to take that pic and put my face in place of his, then you will see a REAL reaction to something like that should be!  Especially uncaged of all such nonsense...I mean NO SENSE!

He ain't right, as my father would say.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2004, 05:10:42 AM »

Um Loyal...I'd be willing to bet that that spider is as dead as a doornail.

He probably tacked the spider to that white board.

That particular spider looks like one of those Goliath bird eating spiders.
Totally hideous...

Post Edited (09-07-04 05:18)
loyal1
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2004, 05:18:20 AM »

I don't care if he is glinda the witch of the North, dead or undead...it's still creepy and nothing to be smiling over...lol.
Ash

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2004, 05:23:18 AM »

I was banging my head against the wall trying to remember where I heard the phrase "You're Never More than 3 Feet Away From A Spider" and I finally found it.

Go HERE to read more.
(read down a bit to see...)

Post Edited (09-07-04 05:24)
Susan
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2004, 05:24:44 PM »

Loyal- yeah, for some reason when tenants moved out, spiders moved in. They would crawl on the walls of the house outside. It was a creepy as it sounds. The whole ordeal has frankly traumatized me for life. :)

Btw those giant bird eating spiders (the pic i posted) - there's a tribe in south america that eats them. I saw it on the discover channel. They pick off the legs, then brush off all the hairs. They squeeze any eggs into a leaf and cook those. But the spider is wrapped in a leaf patty and cooked over an open fire. Then they eat the thing like it was a happy meal!

And..i thought i would add, even if that spider on that board was dead I would have some deep fear that it wasn't really dead. That i would suddenly become part of some horror movie and it would spring to life, there's NO way i could sleep with the knowledge that was in my house.

Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2004, 07:12:18 PM »

There are lots of good spider movies.  Okay, so they're not all good,  But you can't deny that they are, in fact, spider movies.

Tarantula
Earth vs. the Spider
Giant Spider Invasion
Kingdom of the Spiders
Spiders
Spiders 2
Arachnia
Arachnid

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Susan
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2004, 09:03:45 PM »

I always wondered why humans seem to have this primal fear for spiders, of all types of insects there are in the world. The only other fear of a bug i've ever had was one given to me by another. I was all of 5 or 6 years of age, getting out of my blowup pool in the philippines and as i walked on the grass i felt something on my leg. Naturally it's probably blades of grass so i didn't look down......until i heard screaming coming from our housegirl.

I glanced down and saw a very long creature on my leg. At that point I think i was reacting to the combination of the screams and seeing this thing. (By long I meant that this sucker ran down the length of my lower leg). I slapped it off and ran for my life. ..I ran like the wind. Later i was told it was a centipede. Believe me, I was a bug kid - I had a praying mantis as a pet which i caught live flies for. I was the kid who caught large grasshoppers the size of golfballs and snuck them into people's beds. But this thing was nasty..i'm just glad i never have seen one since.

BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2004, 10:58:19 AM »

www.imdb.com lists over a hundred films with the keyword spider, so I won't mention them all, but probably the most memorable film for me, with a spider in it, is "Have Rocket Will Travel," w/ the Three Stooges. Where the Three Stooges go to Venus and discover a giant tarantula that shoots fire. That spider certainly scared me, when I was young.

Ash

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2004, 01:40:03 AM »

The spiders that I co-exist with must have it in for me.
They want to scare the holy hell outta me!

I popped in a new Xbox game I bought (Serious Sam) tonight and as I was configuring the controls, I looked down at the controller and a spider was sitting at the top of it where the cord comes out.
It was a weird looking one.
A light tan color with a milky tan abdomen.
It was about the size of a nickel.

I dropped the controller onto the cement floor and stomped on the little bastard with my bare foot.
Not only did I have to scrape a spider leg or two and spider-gut-slime from the heel of my foot...now I have a couple scratches on the bottom of my controller from it hitting the cement.

They're freakin' EVERYWHERE here in this basement!

Post Edited (09-18-04 02:39)
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2004, 10:36:37 AM »

Just bug-bomb the place, and make it less habitable for 'em.  Where do you live, any danger of venomous ones?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  You're Never More Than 3 Feet Away From A Spider « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.