Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:36:55 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Texas Chainsaw Massacre part 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas Chainsaw Massacre part 2  (Read 3408 times)
badtaste_nz
« on: October 15, 2001, 06:06:57 PM »

I just rented this the other night for this reason:
when i read the back cover it said "WARNING: Banned in Australia and the UK"

then down the bottom it said " Unlike their counter parts in Australia and the United Kingdom where the film has been banned, the New Zealand public will have the oppurtunity to decide for themselves wether the TCM2 is one of the meanest videos of 1989"

i thought to myself, "heck, this is going to have s**t loads of gore and suspense"
but to my dissapointment, 1 successful chainsaw attacts by a somewhat 'Changed' leatherface, 1 massive hammer attack by the guy who i thought got wasted by the big truck in the original and leatherface gets tottally wasted. WHATS UP WITH THIS? and some chick who spins around at the end tyring to be leatherface?? and how come that 'Lefty' dude just happens to find his brothers skelleton sitting in the cave?
what was Tobe Hooper thinking when he made this film? comedy???
Now i really like Tobe Hoopers films, but this one just slid right down the ladder. Also.... on the cover, there is a group shot of the 'Saw Family' and there is two leatherface's on it!? whos the other one? and whats wih the Grandpa? he could hardly move in the first one, and looked older too. but now he can get up and throw a hammer clear accross a table? MY GOD!!!!!!!
and how come that hichhiker dude from the original is still alive????
The only actor that actually stays in character is the 'Cook' now he, whas the best.
and finally, how come leatherface suddenly starts helping the DJ chick? when at the original, the other chick pleads and begs him, and it doesnt work!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

i hope the 3rd and 4th are better, if not, horrors should stay at sequles, not trilogys or sagas, unless they are a cult sensation.

sorry if i got anyone angry about this, im just  posting my opion, i dont mind if you hate me after this.
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2001, 07:15:42 PM »

TCM2 is indeed a BLACK KOMEDY!  And quite a good satire for its year of release (1986).

The reclining on its side mummified corpse muppet seen on the poster - which satirizes the popular - for 1986 that is - poster for the huge John Hughes movie The Breakfast Club - is the hitchhiker's corpse and not another leatherface.  The character that acts like the hitchhiker with the exposed metal plate in his head is named Choptop and he is in fact a long lost relative, returned from one too many tours in Vietnam (remember he wants to open up NAMLAND on the above ground deserted amusement park the Sawyer - get it saw ya! - clan is hiding under this time around and he also shouts out "Nam flashback!" repeatedly, yet another satirical reference to a very eighties phenom, the Nam Flashback Flick).  The scene that clarified this, sadly, was poorly shot by a second unit director and unusable in the film (although it did show up in a bootleg and on the Elite laserdisc as a bonus).  In fact the whole movie suffered when the budget (caused no doubt by Cannon's now looming bankruptcy) was slashed and the movie had something like two weeks of principle photography knocked off and none of the second work came close to being anywhere good enough to be in the completed picture.

Leatherface falls in love with Stretch because she DOESN'T freak out and beg and plead with him - at first.  In fact screenwriter L.M. "Kit" Carson says with pride that many Rape/Crisis Clinics show the "chainsaw rape" scene (where Leatherface pushes the non-functioning chainsaw - (whoa an impotent phallis symbol, heavy) - against Stretch's crotch and masturbates) to educate woman on how to respond to an attacker, whether it's  actually true or just another load of self-congratulatory film school hooey I don't know.

The ending with Stretch screaming and swinging the saw (while atop one HUGE wonking phallic symbol after castrating Choptop and sending him toppling back into the uterine bowels of the Sawyer clan) is meant to invoke the famous Saw 1 ending with Leatherface swinging his chainsaw and screaming in the center of the Texas highway.  The family may be banished, but the insanity it breeds never will.

I think you can tell I kinda thought it was okay.
Will
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2001, 09:17:58 PM »

Chadzilla is the man.  Fine analysis.  Film school geeks unite!  TCM2 is a superior piece of Hooper work despite the budgetary constraints.
joe shindle
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2001, 04:31:14 PM »

I thought this movie was pretty, not great but good. It definitely has a different touch and style, and pretty much idea of a movie than the first.I think Hooper was sorta thinkin comedy in some ways on this. Alot more than the first anyway. Some parts are kinda boring, but dammit, it has Dennis Hopper in it. You can't go wrong.
grady
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2001, 01:50:51 AM »

NUBBINS!!!!!!this is the name of the sidekick mummified corpse...NUBBINS damnit!!!!  (just one uh them hardshell peppercorns)
Dave
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2001, 04:15:20 AM »

Thanx to all that champion this much-maligned flick. I got it 15 yrs. ago in high school when it first came out and so many of the quotes wormed thier way into my vocabulary : "Incoming Mail!", " I am the lord of the harvest!", ect.

The thing I can never understand is why all the Evil Dead 2 fans hate this film so much. I see both as very similar in regards to their originals. Two filmmakers create low-budget classics, then when they get budgets, make sequels that tweak and/or lovingly parody the very things that made the first ones classics. I've always been thoroughly impressed with Raimi and Hooper for cutting their ties with their creations in this way and not taking the hype too seriously.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Texas Chainsaw Massacre part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.