Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:54:02 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the name of that alien probe movie based on a "true" story? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What is the name of that alien probe movie based on a "true" story?  (Read 4732 times)
loyal1
« on: September 16, 2004, 06:37:49 AM »

I keep thinking fire or light is in the title...

Anywho, I remember that this was suppose to make us feel bad for "probbed" victims...like they were violated and it truly f**ked them up mentaly.

But as I see it, they really didn't do anything all THAT bad.  Sure it would be a freaky experience, but what harm really came to any of them physically?  To all the probbed victims out there, I say to remember those times when you ripped the legs off the daddylong legs, or poured salt on a leach, or pulled wings off an insect just to SEE what would happen....and then be thankful they didn't do that to you!

Man, like we aren't hypocrites!  The bigger and "intelligent" life is better so we can turture, probe, even kill all the "weaker" lifeforms.  I say they got off real easy with a stinking probe and a needle in the eye that didn't even hurt.  Get over it man or at least let it be a lesson in how you treat our life forms here on earth.

Hey, they could have slaughtered you and served you up for din din.

Ah, well, just an observation.
George
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 06:41:54 AM »

Are you thinking of "Fire in the Sky"??
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 06:45:09 AM »

Yep...I was also thinking of "Fire In the Sky" starring D.B. Sweeney.
loyal1
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 06:49:03 AM »

yup, that's it!  I remember what the video cover looked like cuz when it was a new release, I worked at Blockbuster and came upon it many many times.  It was so long ago that I could only remeber fire or light in the title.

Thanks!
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 07:22:38 AM »

Fire In The Sky is a pretty good flick from what I remember.  Porbably need to hunt it down sometime.

As for your first post about why are people traumatized after situations like this; I seriously hope you are kidding.  If aliens do exist, I would like to see you get abducted, tested, and then come out of it normal and cheery.  I have a feeling that the whole situation would screw me up.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
loyal1
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 07:32:12 AM »

well...ummm...yeah of course I was using sarcasm and humor.  But on a grand scheme of things...you can see the point.  We see nothing wrong with pulling wings, legs, or torturing animals for scientific study for the future benefit of mankind....so let us then turn the tables...how do we know that their studies and probing wasn't for the future benefit of the universe???? Hmmmmmmmmm

In actuality humans do far worse to other humans.  The only thing that f**ks us up more is it's because it was aliens and no one believes them.  If another human stripped me, probbed me, stuck a needle in my eye and then let me go...sure I would have a few issues with that, but really, it wouldn't be the end of the world, and I would get over it.  It's all in the mind...don't let it control you...you control it.  So it happened, deal and move on.  I have been through some horrble s**t, and frankly, I wonder if getting probbed by an alien would be any worse if not AS worse.  The only thing that would make it WORSE is tpeople telling me it was a figment of my imagination and trying to convince me I was insane
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 07:58:42 AM »

I agree that the fact that nobody would believe you would make the situation horrible.  That might actually be worse than the probing itself.

I do agree that the aliens wouldn't be doing it just to be cruel.  I believe that they do it to study us as you said.  But somehow, that cold indifference is just as creepy as them doing it out of hate.

I was hoping that you were using sarcasim with your post.  Good to see that you were.  Sometimes it is hard to figure out one's tone when using the internet.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 10:28:41 AM »

This was based on true incident. Travis Walton was supposedly abducted, but the police thought his brother-in-law and five other work mates had killed him and made the story up. They put them through hell trying to prove it.

Five days later he appears on a lonely highway naked at  a payphone, where he makes a collect call home.

I remember reading the story in Playboy back in the 70's when it happened.  The movie was filmed where the incident happened  and James Garner said something traumatic happened to these people and really screwed up their lives. Travis appears in a town meeting scene in the movie.  The man went without a phone in his house for 20 years to keep the nutballs from calling him.  

"It was many years ago that I got out of a crew truck in the national forest and ran toward a large glowing UFO hovering in the darkening Arizona sky. But when I made that fateful choice to leave the truck, I was leaving behind more than just my six fellow workmen. I was leaving behind forever all semblance of a normal life, running headlong toward an experience so overwhelmingly mind-rending in its effects, so devastating in its aftermath, that my life would never - could never - be the same again."

- Travis Walton -

You can be skeptical about such things, but you have to wonder. Evidently no one here has followed the UFO thing much.  If you have, I can tell who you are if  you can answer this question. Who was Jesse Marcel?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 10:44:06 AM »

Roswell intelligence officer.

nobody
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 02:07:18 PM »

Thank god for google, eh? lol
JohnL

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 03:37:49 AM »

There's also Communion, based on Whitley Strieber's account of his alien abduction.

>Evidently no one here has followed the UFO thing much.

I used to.
Susan
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2004, 10:05:42 AM »

I don't know about aliens (but i do believe there are other lifeforms in the universe..duh) but i have seen a ufo up close. Me and a friend actually, i once mentioned it on another thread and i know it's one of those things that make people's eyes roll, as does mine. Many lights, then the thing went dark = when it was hovering for just a split second or two the underneath side of it was reflective of the sky or something. Then it shot off at light speed..lol I know it sounds crazy but i speculate it had something to do with the military because what are the odds that a bunch of military craft would suddenly end up flying in the area just minutes after...because that thing moved fast. I come from a military family, my brother worked on the base when the stealth bomber was top secret. u know the military works on things like this - altho i stil can't fathom that our technology is that advanced. the whole thing was just odd. And forever will be unexplained...filed away in the 'what the crap was that?' drawer of my memory.

loyal1
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2004, 10:51:21 PM »

my mother and a friend of hers were out one night and she said they saw one.  Shortly after, there was some helicopters around.  At least that was what I was told.  I told her that she must have been doing too much acid...lol.  But as much as there may be a reason not to believe, there really isn't any proof that it isn't possible.

You just never know...in fact I could be an alien talking to you right now... :)
Ash

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2004, 11:32:46 PM »

The possibility that they do exist is very great....but I refuse to believe aliens exist until I see one.
I need proof.
Ash

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2004, 11:37:16 PM »

I found an interesting article on Howstuffworks.com on how aliens might work.

GO HERE TO READ IT

What do you think?
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the name of that alien probe movie based on a "true" story? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.