Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:09:11 PM
714341 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  whats up w\ all the CSI:? (S) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: whats up w\ all the CSI:? (S)  (Read 2095 times)
Lisa
« on: September 19, 2004, 02:08:20 PM »

I love CSI: but the franchises of NY and Miami just arent working for me im sorry. I love the orginal cast and the way the show its set up thats probally why its one of the most popular and watched shows on t.v.
i luv dolma
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 03:42:19 PM »

I have never watched these CSI or CGI or what ever shows, Lisa. I'm too busy watching movies like Resident Evil: Apocalypse...and...OMG...only a week for Shaun of the Dead! Can't wait!
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 03:54:56 PM »

I never really got into CSI.
It is WAY too detail oriented for me.
Some people may love that....but not me.

I'll stick with Law & Order.
In my opinion it is a far superior show with better casting.
Dave Munger
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 10:21:26 PM »

I hate how everyone in the country is Quincy now from watching all these shows. You mention to someone that you heard they found a body by the railroad tracks and they're all, "Hope they checked the rectum for semen".
Yaddo42
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 01:00:45 AM »

Is there a cabal of necrophiliac hobos roaming the rails?

I guess watching these shows gives people an excuse to talk about bodily fluids and things considered too gross for polite conversation unless they hide behind the "I saw it on TV" reasoning.

I've tried watching some of CSI and its clones and the various L&O shows, but to tell the truth I haven't like a cop show since "Homicide" went off the air. I might give CSI: NY a try since I'm a fan of Gary Sinise.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 01:04:11 AM »

I'm a huge fan of CSI: Miami.  The original cast doesn't do much for me.  I'll watch it occasionally if there is nothing on a Thursday night.

I must agree with Ash, L&O is still a great program.  Well, the original L&O is.  I never much got into SVU.

And Yaddo, it's good to see I'm not the only one who misses Homicide.  It was great to see Richard Belzer in that type of role.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
JohnL

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 04:12:29 AM »

>whats up w\ all the CSI:?

Because network execs figure that if a show is popular, then something similar will be just as popular, regardless of having a different cast or setting.

>And Yaddo, it's good to see I'm not the only one who misses Homicide. It was
>great to see Richard Belzer in that type of role.

If you liked Belzer playing that character, you should watch Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Not only is he in the cast, he's playing the same character as he did on Homicide.

I never watched CSI before, but I've been watching some of the repeats on Spike. I like it, but I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of it. I haven't watched any of the spinoffs. I used to watch L&O, but I lost interest in it. I do watch L&O:SVU though.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 08:51:15 AM »

JohnL,

Hey, thanks for the heads up about SVU.  I'll definently check it out sometime.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Kory
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 08:21:54 PM »

I work at a police department. Thanks to CSI, everyone that calls is now an expert.  We're expected to have instantanious DNA results and super-duper equipment in-house that analyses clothing fibers.  Seriously- that *#$^% show is NOT reality, people really need to remember that before they yell at me for being "slow" with results.
Dave Munger
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 09:12:29 PM »

I can't tell any of these shows apart. Which one has the actress with the cool Dutch name who looks like a sexy mean chick from a video game, and the guy who's WAY too smart to be a mere human? One of these shows had them injecting caulk into a wound to get a cast shaped like the murder weapon. Even I know what you'd get from that is an impression of the body's insides. Funny part is, they hire consultants to tell them it wouldn't work, then put it in anyway because they like it.
JohnL

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 11:22:27 PM »

>I can't tell any of these shows apart. Which one has the actress with the cool
>Dutch name who looks like a sexy mean chick from a video game, and the guy
>who's WAY too smart to be a mere human?

That would be the original CSI: Crime Scene Investigation with Marg Helgenberger and William Petersen.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  whats up w\ all the CSI:? (S) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.