Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:55:00 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Lost « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Lost  (Read 2457 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: September 19, 2004, 05:17:30 PM »

Has anyone caught all the hype for this new series that starts this Wednesday on ABC.  

The story is a plane crash leaves 48 people stranded on a island. It begins to look like no one is coming looking for them.  There is a large monster (not a dinosaur according to what I read) creeping around and occasionally chomping on a survivor.

There are 11 primary cast members which leaves 37 as monster chow. I only recognized Dominic Monaghan, Daniel Dae Kim, Terry O'Qunn, and Matthew Fox  from the main cast.

This was created by J.J. Abrams (Alias creator) and I think there are high hopes for it.

So what do you think of the premise and how to you think it will hold up?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 05:26:43 PM »

It looks interesting but all the actors suffer from that WB syndrome of looking too good.
Every actor that I saw on the previews is an attractive person.

That's bad...
odinn7

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 05:48:40 PM »

Oh sure, you can say that about the WB but Lisa happens to like the WB shows...chuckle...

Anyway, the show looks like it has potential and I will watch at least the first episode and hopefully it will be decent. I haven't read about it but I have seen the ads and wondered if anyone had an idea what it was that is stalking the people. The thing I wonder is how long can a show like this last. Every week they will be fighting this monster...oops, it will probably be a soap opera with a monster thrown in now and then. Never mind.

Post Edited (09-19-04 21:16)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 06:31:13 PM »

I think I saw it just a few weeks ago

all the actors suffer from that WB syndrome of looking too good.

Does Kathy Ireland count?

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Dave Munger
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 10:04:01 PM »

Was "Danger Island" also the name of that pirate thing they had on The Banana Splits where whenever the one guy was in trouble he'd yell "Uh-oh, Jun-go!", and this guy named Jungo would swoop in out of nowhere and rescue him? That was a big catchphrase around the monkey bars for awhile. Someone in that became famous later on, but I've no idea who.
i luv dolma
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 12:22:27 AM »

When does it start? I saw the commercial, and they said something "unknown" but all I saw was strange lights suggesting ghosts or something.
JohnL

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 03:36:36 AM »

The Lost sounds like a short-lived show from a few years ago; Peter Benchley's Amazon, only tyhey crashed in the amazon and were under attack by cannibals rather than a monster.

>Was "Danger Island" also the name of that pirate thing they had on The Banana
>Splits where whenever the one guy was in trouble he'd yell "Uh-oh, Jun-go!", and
>this guy named Jungo would swoop in out of nowhere and rescue him? That was

Yup, that was Danger Island.

>a big catchphrase around the monkey bars for awhile. Someone in that became
>famous later on, but I've no idea who.

Jan Michael Vincent
Susan
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 06:15:19 PM »

now that kathy ireland was mentioned....

what was that god awful movie she was in with her and her father going deep underground and find people? I remember her voice was so ridiculously childish (later i fond out that was her REAL voice and she eventually went to a voice coach to learn to talk normal since she sounds like she's 6)

Fearless Freep

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 07:52:27 PM »

what was that god awful movie she was in with her and her father going deep underground and find people?

"Alien From L.A."

Even got the MST3K treatment

Post Edited (09-20-04 19:53)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Dave Munger
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 09:28:16 PM »

"Oy, have you noticed you incredibly Awstraalian I am?"
Thanks for the Jan Michael Vincent ID, I've been straining for about 3 years on that one. I liked Peter Benchley's Amazon. They had quicksand, there's this guy on the radio who complains that there's no quicksand on TV anymore.
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 11:17:36 PM »

I hope the monster munches them all and renders them monster poo. ; )

Seriously though, as long as the story is good and the visual effects are decent, I'm hooked.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2004, 05:27:20 AM »

It looks like (dare I say it) a fiction rip-off of reality television?  What I mean is, doesn't this remind you of SURVIVOR?

When will all this crap end??????

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Susan
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 05:06:24 PM »

it will end when i get to watch kathy ireland get eaten by a dinosaur

Susan
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2004, 08:15:40 PM »

Ok - thoughts? I'm looking forward to next week, i'm curious where the storyline is going. I have a feeling that among the survivors as they turn to a more primitive lifestyle they'll divide up. You'll have the cooky maniac club and the good guys always win tribe. But anyways...

what i couldn't figure out was what the crap that was chasing them. it didn't eat the pilot so it doesn't seem to be carnivorous..just kinda chewed him and spit him out. Sorta reminds me of the concept of Land of the Lost - maybe they're giant sleezestacks..lol

It started off with a plane crash, a guy getting sucked into a jet engine which explodes, bodies, chaos, and a mysteriuos monster..how can you go wrong?  It's sort of everything I like in a b movie. Seems to be quite a mix of people. I hope it actually turns out to be good. I'm always afraid to like shows, because they inevitabley are taken off the air. maybe that says something about my taste. I remember years ago liking "Roam", that didn't last but it had potential!

btw what's up with the golden retriever?

Sugar_Nads
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2004, 09:44:06 PM »

That's a good point as I was thinking the same thing at first but we should give it a chance at least.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Lost « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.