Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:03:48 AM
713404 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Best Burger Joint? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: OT: Best Burger Joint?  (Read 12197 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: September 20, 2004, 02:36:25 AM »

I'm sure you've had this discussion with your friends or family at one time or another.
Inevitably, the question always arises...

What burger joint is the best?

I suppose that query could be broken down into specific types of food each joint has to offer.
For example:
Burgers
Fries
Drinks
Side dishes (salads etc...)

I was chatting with Skaboi on AIM last night and before we engaged in a game of Literati (Scrabble online) I went and got a Double Quarter Pounder meal from McDonalds.
Damn!  If that wasn't one of the best burgers I've had in a long time!
Juicy, greasy and full of flavor it was.
I even dripped grease on the front of my shirt but I didn't care because that burger was so good.
Yeah Yeah I know, it isn't the healthiest...but that was some great grub!
I was full AND satisfied.
Not many fast food joints can do that for me.

This question focuses on the major burger chains here in America.
Please leave out any unknown mom & pop burger joints.

In my honest opinion, I give these restaurants props for:

Best burger: McDonalds

Best fries: Nothing beats McDonalds fries
Wendy's Biggie fries run a VERY close 2nd.

Best soda: Without a doubt, Burger King...their soda is always crisp & full of carbonation.

Best Breakfast: Hands down, Burger King again....nothing even comes close to their Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croisanwiches.
(remember their Breakfast Buddy sandwiches they used to make?  George Foreman used to do commercials for them)

You may have noticed that Hardeez has been left out.
Yes, it is true that I've had an extraordinary Angus Burger there since they switched s**t around in their company but out of all of them I've ate, I've had my fair share that were room temperature and not hot.
A great burger must be hot....and I mean "hot off the grill hot"...not this "cooked 2 hours ago and has sat in a hot pan hot."
When I have to get up and take my burger to the counter to have them stick it in a microwave because it isn't hot enough....well it makes me think twice about going there again.
The last three times I've ate at Hardeez have been serious disappointments.
Their fries are clones of BK and their soda was so-so.
When their Angus burgers are done right and come hot off the grill....watch out!  Thay're mighty tasty!
I suspect the problem with Hardeez isn't their food.
It's the people they hire to run their restaurants.
They tend to hire people who don't give a flying f**k about anything except what they plan to do when they get off work and that bad attitude shows through in the food they're entrusted to prepare.
Of course, other restaurants have hired people like that but in no other burger joint does it shine brighter than it does in Hardeez for some reason.

There are other places like Arby's.
Freakin' awesome food...but too damn expensive for me.
The average meal at Arby's runs me at least $7.00 when a meal at any of the other places sets me back $5.00.
I've nicknamed Arby's "Heartburn City"
There's something about their food that gives me chronic heartburn everytime I eat it.

What are your personal tastes when it comes to burger joints?
Who has the best burgers, fries & drinks?

Post Edited (09-20-04 02:47)
JohnL

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 04:27:11 AM »

I've pretty much stopped eating burgers since Mad Cow Disease was discovered in the US, but before that I used to love burgers. Years ago, I liked McDonald's, but in more recent years they started tasting like crap. For a while I was getting Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers from Wendys. They weren't the greatest, but they kind of tasted like a BLT with cheese and a beef patty, which I liked.

My favorite burger place went out of business; Roy Rogers. Except for the fact that they needed salt (in my opinion), their bacon cheeseburgers and fries were great.

It seems like everytime I find a fast food place I really like, they go out of business, like Little Caesars. Ok, so they didn't fully go out of business, but now the only place you can find them is in K-Mart stores with pre-made pizzas that taste like crap and no more Crazy Bread, which was one of the best things they offered. :(
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 05:23:17 AM »

Well, Alzheimers is a milder form of Mad Cow disease that causes degenerative conditions of the brain. We are all comtaiminated to some degree. That is of coarse if we have eaten  beef on a regular basis. The mass slaughter of cattle and the sloppy handling of blood and body parts of hundreds and sometimes thousands of cattle a day bring a cobination of bad conditions. Even though it is a necessary process to bring all that beef to market in large numbers.

As far as best burger its a toss up between McDonalds and Burger King (BK) and like a movie it depends on your mood. Charcoal broiled is always good, but McDonalds also delivers the taste.

Burger King also has some ok chilly and some nasty version of the taco.

I remember the year Burger King switched to the new fries and are so favored now, but before that they had those wet greasy noodle fries.

Burger King also has some good chicken sandwiches.

One of my dislikes of our local Burger Kings are the poor service and the poor quality of the workers and the handling of their product. Not all Burger Kings, but the ones in my area are all together poor.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 07:12:52 AM »

Where the hell have you guys been living? Burger King and McDonalds are places you eat when you're out of town and you want something that you recognize. Their breakfast is okay, but I stay away from their burgers.

Locally I either go to Sonic or Backyard Burgers (this where Burger King stole the Angus beef idea).  In Texas  and Louisiana the best chain is Whataburger.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
George
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 07:37:07 AM »

As for burgers, I'm a big fan of Sonic or the clown house (McDonalds).  The best burger, in my opinion, can be had at Fudrucker's.  It'll cost you but it's VERY tasty.  I also like the one that started it all..........White Castle....YUM.

I've fallen victim to the new "burrito as big as your head" trend.  I love Chipotle and have grown to enjoy the fare at Qdoba as well.  If you don't have either chain near by, visit one when you see it.  The price is great and the quality is very good.

We are also blessed in the Midwest (Ohio) with multiple chicken wing joints.  I've been to Hooters but find the food not on keel with the waitresses.  Best wings for me........Buffalo Wild Wings (BW3 or BDubs here in Ohio.

I tend to avoid the fish or taco joints.  I'm just not comfortable.

My favorite of all has to be Chick-fil-A.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 07:55:08 AM »

Sorry, folks -- too bad you can't all live in Utah and experience the #1 burger sensation in the free world:  Crown Burger.

Best. Ever.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 08:50:27 AM »

Ash,

Good to see I'm not the only one to have a complaint about Hardees burgers being cold.  I love their food, but most of the time the food is room temp.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 10:10:35 AM »

I can't stand Mc Donalds anymore and I've never liked Burger King

I tend more and more to avoid big chains.  If I have to eat at a chain, I usually make it Wendy's.  ( I agree with trek_geezer about those places being some place you go out of desperation, not enthusiasim)

I tend toward local chains, though.

Best Burger:  "Ranchero Supreme" w/mayo.  From Bob's Burgers here in Albuquerque.  You can order all their burger with one or two patties of either small or large so I always go with "Double Large". The Ranchero Supreme is a green chili cheeseburger.  I also hit a Blake's Lotaburger; bigger than a a QP from McD, more options, and freshly made.

Best Fries: No real preference.  Probably some chili chese fries from Sonic or someplace.  Most big chain fries are too salty and seem to get their flavor from the oil; they have a life of abuot five minutes before they cool asnd turn it too greasy sludge

Best Breakfast: I've been favoring "Eggs Mexicana" at Taco Cabana recenty.  It's scrambled eggs with Pico de Gallo and melted cheese (some refied beans on the side..mix in some green chile". Around here (New Mexico) there are so many places that have great breakfast burritos that I don't really have much of a preference.

Fast food wise, though, there's a Taco Cabana down the street from me that has a quick drive through so I tend to go there when I need something good and cheap and quick.  The menu is much cheaper than McD (one is very close to my house) and the food is freshly made and tastes a lot better.  I've been favoring their Burrito Ultimo recently, although a green chile burrito (just green chili and pork) or the carnita (beef smothered in red chili) burrito  also show up on my list regularly

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
ED
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 01:53:45 PM »

I don't go to McD's at all, I like the odd McNugget, but that is all their food I can stand.    In an emergency I'll go to Burger King, it has more flavor.  
My burger dollar 99% goes to a Local Chain (Oregon and Washington) called Burgerville.
www.burgerville.com

I'm not into fries, so I don't really care, I like Burger King's "new" crispy fries, but don't crave them.  

Their shakes are amazing: they use REAL fruit, not canned or syrups, for their seasonal shakes.  

When in Oregon, try BurgerVille.  
-Ed
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 02:28:29 PM »

trek_geezer wrote:

> Locally I either go to Sonic or Backyard Burgers (this where
> Burger King stole the Angus beef idea).  In Texas  and
> Louisiana the best chain is Whataburger.

AMEN!!!! Whataburger is the best!!! I ate there when I visited Texas and oh my god. Burgers the size of a basketball, and full of flavor. Man, I may drive all the way back there just to get another one.  *wipes the drool off his mouth*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 02:34:51 PM »

i hate fast food specially mcdonalds. its ok, u eat a big mac menu and u think it taste great, but after eating  i feel horrible, like i wont be able to eat anything else during the rest of the day, so i preffer to avoid, im smoker so im already poisoning my body i dont need more bad stuff, i think i have enough :).

pauli
Scott H
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 06:00:59 PM »

We have a place around here called Cookout. It's strictly a drive-thru restaurant that serves their burgers fresh off the grill, mostly due to its popularity, they can't keep anything waiting around for someone to order it like these other major chains can. The lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup, and mustard is always fresh and crisp (talking about the lettuce there), the burgers are juicy and full of flavor, and you can pile on whatever else you want from chili, to BBQ sauce or hot sauce.

Their fries are to die for. They are thick, hot, and come with the option of the best frye seasoning out there.

They also make homeade shakes. 30+ varieties, and I'm sure if you asked they could mix and match. Real ice cream, real milk, and real ingredients like oreo, heath, and snickers to mix in. What's best is at the bottom there is the unmixed oreo or snicker that you can't fit through the straw, so you whip out the spoon and have yourself a feast of creamy chopped up candy bar. It is to die for. This is what hamburger chains should have never deviated from.

A+
Susan
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2004, 06:09:23 PM »

Usually the really good burger joints aren't chains. If I had to pick a chain i might pick burger king (because the meat actually has flavor) or sonic. I'm not into whataburger or mcdonalds.

I'm into real burgers made homestyle and cooked on a grill with onions. While i like mcdonalds fries, nothing tops homestyle cut fries, either. There's a few here I like. Some have old fashioned malts and soda's ala 50's style, others are more rustic. I saw a great show on the Food Network (I loved that channel when i had cable) which had a show on burger joints. Some of them gave you a side of fries that could fill a bucket! I hate to say it but one of the tastiest burgers i've had is at this little shop at the mall's food court. They grill it up fresh with seasoned thick cut fries and REAL lemonaide (not the stuff that has no actual juice in it or 1%)

In my road travels and experiences in town , often the best food is a hole in the wall which isn't a chain. It may not be on the city's critics favorite list or even visible from the road. I notice alot of mention above of fast food places, i almost can't qualify that as real food. I can't even stand KFC's steroid induced chickens anymore. once in awhile i have a taco bell moment, but now i tend to stray from fast food to eating at Chipotle or something else. On that note i never eat dominos or pizza hut - their pizza is total crap. I managed to find a couple of really authentic tasting pizza shops here, often a good sign is to ask if they know what white pizza is. If they don't..keep moving.

D master D
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2004, 06:19:14 PM »

i agree with susan, if your ever in the southern new england area i would suggest going to a smokey bonez (yeah it's spelled that way ... i think) BBQ and try thier buffalo burger ( as in farm raised buffalo meat, not the sauce) it tastes a hell of alot better then most beef burgers that i've had and no mad cow riosk beacuase no damn cow!!! in a jiff i'll take wendy's however but i reely likes d'angelo's subs better
Kory
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2004, 08:01:40 PM »

The best burgers are, by far, from "Whataburger".  They're HUGE and SO GOOD!  

Best Fries: McDonalds
Best drinks: McDonalds has the best syrup-to-water ratio
Best Chicken Sandwiches: Chik-fil-a     DEFINITELY
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Best Burger Joint? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.