Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:52:01 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THEY LIVE : I want to see the webmaster of badmovies.org review this film! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THEY LIVE : I want to see the webmaster of badmovies.org review this film!  (Read 2667 times)
Alien Bastard
« on: September 20, 2004, 06:14:06 AM »

THEY LIVE is one of the best, most thought provoking B movies that I've seen. I would love for the webmaster of badmovies.org to consider adding this to his reviews section in the same informative, humorous, and witty review style he has. Some would argue that THEY LIVE is not a B film, but I would say that it just barely can be called a B movie. Barely. It is a thought provoking movie and I recommend it to everyone who likes sci-fi.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 10:36:32 AM »

Reviewed a few other places

Cold Fusion Video

SciFilm

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Yaddo42
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 05:56:38 PM »

Plus he's a little busy at the moment.
Dave Munger
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 07:28:58 PM »

What's trippy to me as a viewer is that the nefarious aliens use all their subliminal stuff to super-secretly dispense *extremely sound advice*, like CONSUME,  and MARRY AND REPRODUCE. If people do what the aliens tell them too, how does that lead to all the Rowdy Roddy Piper guys becomeing hobos? Theoretically, it should lead to an economic boom (and probably a general cultural renaicance). Maybe I watched this movie too hard.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 11:33:02 PM »

Sorry Mr. Borntreger doesn't do personal orders, you all just move along now with the rest of the group.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 07:51:35 AM »

I think part of the point was that if we are all doing 'what we are told' by the subliminal messages, we are not thinking for ourselved.  The thing was a metaphor for the sheep mentality of a mass government populace.  A population not thinking is easier to control.  That's the way I interpreted it, anyway.

Plus, well, the aliens were just sorta creepy, walkin' around pretending to be human and all.  Not like the touchy-feely 'aliens are among us, but are our friends' party line of the Art Bell ilk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Bubba
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 05:03:42 PM »

:note from moderator Brother Ragnarok:
I deleted this post because it was extremely disrespectful to Andrew.  Not cool.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 07:06:40 PM »

>Maybe I watched this movie too
> hard.
I have a new favorite phrase, brother Dave.  You are my hero for today.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
daveblackeye15

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 07:43:26 PM »

Bubba:
<:note from moderator Brother Ragnarok:
I deleted this post because it was extremely disrespectful to Andrew. Not cool.>

Wait! You mean me? I didn't mean to be disrespectful to Andrew! I was only kiding, I was suppose to be some sort of body guard or crowd blocker dude, I didn't mean to be rude.

As a matter of fact Andrew does do reviews that people suggest to him. One of his friends (or somebody) wanted him to review "Rats:Night of terror" and he did!

I'm sorry Andrew!

But you're right Bubba "Disrespecting Andrew=Not Cool" and I'm sorry for being not cool.

Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 08:13:32 PM »

NO no no no, what Bubba originally posted was disrepectful of Andrew.  You weren't.  I'm not Bubba, but y'see, with my mod powers I can also edit/delete other people's posts if they're inappropriate.

Post Edited (09-22-04 20:15)

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
daveblackeye15

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2004, 08:17:52 PM »

Oh oh oh OH! I've read the Bubba host and I missed the first line that said "Post Deleted by Brother Ragnarok" So I thought it was Bubba saying that. Which raised a few questions like: I didn't know Bubba wasn't a Moderator why haven't I heard of him before? or If he deleted my post why is it still there? So I just rushed in and apolizied for something that didn't need that.

But you're right Brother Ragnarok, "Disrespecting Andrew=Not cool"

Sugar_Nads
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2004, 09:45:36 PM »

Uhhhh, I think he may be a little busy with his personal life to be catering to our every whim. Even though, we'd like to believe that he does...
Dave Munger
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2004, 11:38:26 PM »

Art Bell has gone incredibly soft on the aliens, hasn't he? He even seems to get defensive of them whenever anyone mentions the facts that everything about them corresponds to demons.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THEY LIVE : I want to see the webmaster of badmovies.org review this film! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.