Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:57:22 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pop-Ups. POP-UPS!?!? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pop-Ups. POP-UPS!?!?  (Read 5577 times)
Squishy
« on: March 10, 2001, 04:21:54 PM »

I'm getting a flurry of those REALLY annoying pop-ups--the ones that hide themselves and bring up more when you close them AND try to load stuff to disk like "browser enhancements"--when I come to the Message Board.

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting this? Andrew, what's up? You got bugs?

"Say goodbye to Hungry, Hungry Homer...and say hello to Paint-Drinker Pete!"
BadTaste_nz
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2001, 04:25:37 PM »

I dont get any Pop Ups, maybe its your browser or somehting
Andrew
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2001, 10:15:01 PM »

Squishy,

I've always deselected any ads (since moving to Burst) that start pop-ups, even if they are extremely lucrative to run.  A recheck shows that none of the ones running should be causing this.  Perhaps something is using flash or another "enhancement" that you haven't installed?

Please let me know if any of the ads cause you grief.  They help pay the bills, but I left Advertising.com since they couldn't keep pop-ups out of my ad rotation.  Everybody enjoying the site and not getting ulcers is much more important than ad revenue to me.

Andrew
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2001, 04:23:37 AM »

Andrew: naw, dude, the on-site ads are funny. This pop-up thingy is definitely on my disc or browser or whatever (it ain't easy being greenie); it's started up on other pages as well since I wrote last. I'll run "Ad-Aware" and see if that clears it up. Sorry for the alarm.
Squishy
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2001, 04:39:34 AM »

If yer green like me and ya don't have "Ad-Aware" or something like it, I recommend it; a bit of freeware that searches your disc in a flash for "spyware" and suspicious crap...like the cause of my pop-ups. It found it (hiding as a "cookie"), notified me of what it was and its location, and let me remove it in an instant.
Phantom 187
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2001, 02:46:52 AM »

That's cool; I was just about to tell you to check those cookies! Where's the website so I can check out the prog.? I usually copy all my cookies on to my other HD cut half and put them back till I find the buggy one through POE.

Laterz,
Phantom 187
Squishy
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2001, 04:47:32 AM »

Ad-Aware 4.0 is available at http://www.lavasoft.de

A nice little freeprog for zapping pop-ups like the one this caused--it shuts down any window with a title kept on a list, like "Visit our store!" or "Celebrity Buttshots!"--is available from http://www.jpsoft.dk

(Bear in mind, these are just two of many such progs. You can get a comparitive list of free and shareware progs of any desired variety, with user reviews, links, and whatnot at sites like pcworld.com, zdnet.com/pcmag, and download.cnet.com)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pop-Ups. POP-UPS!?!? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.