Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:09:29 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Actors Busted For Drugs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Actors Busted For Drugs  (Read 2785 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: September 21, 2004, 07:12:45 AM »

Macaulay Culkin was busted the other day for possession of marijuana and some Zanax

Here's his rather amusing mug shot.

(his expression says, "f**k you!  I'm famous and who gives a s**t if I had some Zanax and a little weed")
To tell you the truth, If I was in his position I'd be the same way about it all...except for the Zanax...that's a no-no.

GO HERE TO READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE

MARIJUANA was the prominent word in the headlines.
I say, "So what!"
Who cares about an actor tokin' up a little weed every now & then.
To quote Smoky from "Friday":
"Weed is from the earth!  God put this here for me and you!"

Hell, millions of Americans have a secret stash of weed somewhere in their house or apartment and smoke up when they want to.
I know that some of you probably do too.
I think it's terrible that a good actor like Culkin has to have his face plastered all over the news because of a bit of reefer.
(yes I do think he is a good actor)

Ok...I can understand actors or actresses getting lambasted for having "hard drugs" in their posession.
These actors who get busted with weed need to be left alone in my opinion.
Don't put that in the public's eyes.

What's your take on this?

Post Edited (09-21-04 08:44)
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 01:06:21 PM »

I would have to agree.   The only reason that weed is not legal is because the government cannot put a tax on something that can be grown  like that.  I know I would not purchase it in a store if I could grow it in my own back yard.  Such is the reason why I have a large garden.
Zanax on the other hand is a controlled substance, for the reason that it does impair judgement.  Weed does not impair judgement.  When was the alst time you have heard of someone getting in a wreck because they had been smoking pot.  Maybe because they were trying to hide the fact that they were smoking pot and were worried about someone seeing them. But not because of the drug.  If anything it makes you pay more attention to what you are doing and you drive much slower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 02:24:38 PM »

My only problem with actors and drugs is that it seems to be a prerequisite that you have to be all f**ked with cocaine and alcohol before you arrive at stardom. I get tired of seeing these people trotted out like they were heroes because they had to go to rehab and made it out okay.  

How about holding up those who don't get screwed up with drugs and make it to fame anyway?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 02:50:21 PM »

trek_geezer wrote:

> My only problem with actors and drugs is that it seems to be a
> prerequisite that you have to be all f**ked with cocaine and
> alcohol before you arrive at stardom.

I shold have been a star years ago then.  ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Yaddo42
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 06:38:27 PM »

Like I've seen pointed out other places, Culkin tends to have that smirk plastered on his face all the time anyway. Maybe it's his natural facial expression or maybe he spends all his free time hanging with Ricky Williams. He had that look when they replayed his recent Larry King interview to promote "Saved" this weekend.

But having pot AND a prescription drug you don't have a prescription for in your car when you get stopped isn't going to endear you to the cops anyway. An entertainment reporter on FNC was having a field day with story Sunday since they had an old quote (within the past year I think) from Culkin saying that he hadn't gone down the frequent child star path of brushes with the law and drug problems.

Trekgeezer, maybe they can't find any. Just kidding, the problem there is that when someone gets held up as a paragon of virtue they either get exposed as a hypocrite, or they come off as so smug and annoying that people tune them out. Watching some of the mainstream actors, athletes, and musicians who turn up on TBN can be lesson in "smug self-patting on the back".  

I get annoyed with the praise that Robert Downey Jr. gets everytime he tries another comeback after "cleaning up his act" yet again. Sure he's a hell of an actor, but if he weren't a big name would he get as many breaks as he's gotten when he's gone to court?
peter johnson
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 09:07:23 PM »

Oh, hell, I'm for the revocation of Prohibition, period.  Let anyone take or eat or smoke or rub into their belly whatever they want to.
Anyone recall that being the first high-profile actor to be busted for weed/pot/marijuana almost destroyed Robert Mitchum's career?  He had to struggle for decades & kiss a lot of posterior to get back up to speed -- and he really blew his chance to be a star on the level of Brando, which was where he was headed before the bust.
Never mind that Errol Flynn used to put cocaine on his appendage as an added thrill to encounters with the fairer sex,  Cary Grant loved his LSD, and that so much hashish was eaten by the actors on the set of "Lifeboat" that they didn't need the water tank to bob and sway, smoking the devil weed was a scary thing in the public mind.  Still is, apparently.
peter johnson/denny crane
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 09:44:22 AM »

I figured this would've made the board, so I had to come comment. As most of you know, I'm an Oklahoma City police officer. I was second officer on-scene for this deal. I didn't make the arrest, but was there for the whole deal.

I've never been involved with a celebrity arrest before (we're talking about OKC here!!), but I imagine they don't all go this smoothly. Culkin was very polite, helpful, and honest. And, he took responsibility, instead of trying to slide the buck to his friend, who was driving. That's pretty rare. Just thought I'd stop in to bask in the reflected glow of a former child-star's personal tribulation!!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
raj

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 01:13:21 PM »

That's an interesting brush with celebrityhood.  Since pills are involved, is it still going to be a "30 day rehab, and stay out of trouble for 2 years and it will go away" deal?
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 06:15:30 AM »

raj wrote:

>Since pills are involved, is it still going to be a "30 day rehab, and stay
> out of trouble for 2 years and it will go away" deal?

Dunno, we have some fairly harsh judges here. However, he's got money, and as far as I know, he's a first offender,plus, he took it standing up and wasn't problematic,  so....probably.

Talk at my division house is centered on the fact that OKC is hell on child stars. We got this Culkin thing, and Dana Plato showed up Signal 7 here. Now, if we could only get that Urkel kid to stop by!

Post Edited (09-24-04 06:18)

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Yaddo42
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 06:56:09 AM »

Any chance you could bust the Pepsi Commercial Brat , Haley Kate Eisenberg, from a few years ago? Damn was that kid annoying.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 09:55:55 AM »

Am I the only one picturing her getting arrested, then slipping into Al Pacino's voice and screaming "Attica! Attica!"

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
raj

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2004, 06:22:17 PM »

Thanks.
And I agree about Urkel.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Actors Busted For Drugs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.