Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:14:04 PM
714238 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bruiser « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bruiser  (Read 2964 times)
Will
« on: October 23, 2001, 08:57:29 AM »

Has anyone seen the new Romero flick?  I just watched it over the weekend and really liked it.  Not a horror movie at all.  It kind of combines themes of social helplessness from "Monkey Shines" with inability to communicate from "The Crazies" (and about all of his films) and gives a little commentary on it.  I don't think this is anywhere close to his best work, and gratuitous shots of the Misfits performing in a club detract from the film, but overall it's a worthy effort.  3 slimes.
mugwump
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2001, 09:24:08 PM »

hey is this movie gonna get a theatrical release? that would be pretty sad if a romero film got a straight-2-video release. talk about Disrespect.
Will
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2001, 09:48:14 PM »

I think it's in limited release, but Lions Gate picked it up and put it straight on video.  The DVD is in widescreen with director commentary, though.

It is sad, but independent filmmakers can't get theatrical release to save their lives.  Cronenberg always gets, at best, limited release too.
PoorLogic
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2001, 10:13:46 PM »

I ordered the dvd from Sazuma about 2 months ago (along with Eaten Alive - remastered version) and I still don't have it! Where did you buy it? I'm looking for a better source for euro-horror dvd's.

Thanks!
Will
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2001, 10:28:22 AM »

I tell ya, I stick by Amazon.com.  For my money, they're the best source because they're fast and distribute pretty much anything you're looking for, from Baron Blood to Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla.  I just got DVDs of The Corpse Grinders and the triple disc Suspiria.

They're good with the customer service too.  Even though they're corporate, they're the place to go in my opinion.  Anything on Anchor Bay is available there too.  And the price isn't bad either.
Gerry
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2001, 11:51:19 AM »

I have to plug Deep Discount DVD.  They have as good a selection as Amazon.  Their prices are always a lot cheaper.  Plus they give you free shipping (it isn't the fastest, but it's free and reliable).  I usually get my DVD's in about a week, and I've never had a problem with an order.  I buy all my DVDs there now.
mugwump
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2001, 09:39:52 PM »

yeah, that's definitely true. in my opinion Cronenberg is one of the most intelligent and creative filmmakers of our time, it's a shame he's so underappreciated. but come on, a woman giving birth to a maggot makes a great date film!
Lee
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2001, 07:54:29 PM »

Geez! I haven't seen this, not sure i want to. Romero hasn't done anything good since The Dark Half.
   Croneberg, what the Hell happened to this guy?! The guy's a geneious. Granted he did the awful Existenz, but he also did: Deadringers, The Deadzone, The Brood, Videodrome, and Rabid. Com'on give the guy another chance. Give him plenty of money and a garanteed wide release(would also help to give him a good cast). He would not dissapoint. Hollywood gave Sam Raimi another chance and he directed The Quick And The Dead and A Simple Plan! Geez, nobody's perfect.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bruiser « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.