Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:49:29 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 + Films Yet to View............. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 100 + Films Yet to View.............  (Read 1677 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: October 06, 2004, 12:30:36 AM »

The movie marathon continues as I have a 100+ list of films yet to view. Won't be able to get hold of half of them, but I must keep them on the list. Here they are:

Underworld
Kill Bill I & II
Vampyres
Yojimbo
The Great Silence
Ace High
CompaƱeros
 A Bullitt for a General
Vanishing Point
Necromantic
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Cannibal Ferox
Cannibal Holocaust
Men Behind the Sun
Johnny Got His Gun
Run Lola Run
Keoma
El Topo
Holy Mountain
Face to Face
Wild Guitar
Choppers
Island of Death
Isla of the SS
Coffin Joe
The Devil Rides Out
Devils Rain
Kingdom of the Spiders
El Vampiro
The Mysterians
Circus of Horrors
The Creeping Terror
Quartermass
Story of Ricky
Versus
Battle Royal
Wild Zero
I Spit on Your Grave
Last House on the Left
The Day After Tomorrow
Dawn of the Dead (remake)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake)
The Alamo (remake)
Kegemusha
Rashomon
Repulsion
Sunset Blvd.
Touch of Evil
Double Indemnity
The Big Sleep
Across the Pacific
Dark Passage
The Nightcomers
The Night of the Following Day
Candy
Notorious
Goodfellas
The Man From Laramie
Decision at Sundown
Commanche Station
The Naked Spur
The Train Robbers
Crippled Masters
Flying Guillotine
I Married a Monster from Outer Space
Brain from Planet Arnous
Lonely are the Brave
Junior Bonner
Hud
The Vanishing
Deliverance
Oblivion
Eternal Sunshine on a Spotless Mind
Solyaris
The Man in the White Suit
Diaboliques
Hard as They Come
City of God
The Wild World of Batwoman
The Far Country
The Unforgiven (original)
Hallaluja Trail
Duel in the Sun
Mountain Men
Monte Walsh
Breakheart Pass
Chatos Land
Tremors IV
Jesse James
Return of Frank James
The Shout
M
Lost In Translation
About Schmidt
Adaptation
Dr. Renaults Secret
The Horror of Frankenstein
Queen of the Damned
I Drink Your Blood
Dr. Cyclops
And Now the Screaming Starts
The Beast Must Die
Die Monster Die
The Skull
The Undying Monster
Scream and Scream Again
The Embalmer
Madhouse
Deathmaster
The Whip and the Body
Sugar Hill

Have about 20 more VHS Kung Fu movies that I bought from the 70's that will take me awhile to view.

Also More - Jean Rollin, Russ Myer, Jess Franco, Herschal Gordon Lewis and Santo films.

Movies that I would like to see again are:

Legend of Bogey Creek
I Like To Hurth People
Horrors of the Black Museum
The Story of "O"
The Flesh Eaters
White Pongo
Williard (original)
Don't be Afraid of the Dark
Beau Geste (Telly Savalas one)
Burn !
Viva Zapata
Dead and Buried
Eraserhead
Artagon
The War Wagon
Fort Apache

Post Edited (10-06-04 10:05)

loyal1
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 01:58:49 AM »

Ahhhhh!  You just added more to my all ready growing list!!  But at least I work at a video store so I can get them all for free, and see the new ones before their release date.  I do love that job!

Out of your list, I would say my top favs (out of what I have seen)  were the following: Kill Bill I & I, Sunset Blvd, Notorious, Eternal Sunshine on a Spotless Mind, Lost In Translation, Adaptation, Queen of the Damned (I really liked this despire critics)

Some others that are definately worth watching: The Vanishing, Deliverance,About Schmidt, The Day After Tomorrow (the special effects were definately worth the movie ticket), Goodfellas.  I consider I Spit on Your Grave and The Last House on the Left to be similiar in lots of ways, at least in style.  I don't really care for that type of movie, but it's definately worth a watch.

As for the remake of Texas Chainsaw, of course you can imagine that it could never be up to par with the original.  I also just watched Night of the Living Dead (orginal) the other night again, and I forgot how damn good that was, whether a low budget film or not.  

Oh and I heard great things about Underworld from some Vampires movie fans that are regulars in the video store...but they said bad things about Van Helsing.

Oblivian...is that the futuristic sci-fi/western flick?  I saw the sequel, I hope the original is better! lol.

If you have time, give a couple reviews of any you knock off that list.  I would be interested to hear them.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 02:48:43 AM »

Scott, you watch stuff that I wouldn't go within 100 miles of.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 05:55:13 AM »

Underworld - not interested
Kill Bill I & II - excellent
Vanishing Point - possibly the best car chase movie ever made
Necromantic - disturbing, but most of the gore effects are average at best
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie - good Euro-zombie movie
Cannibal Ferox - my favorite cannibal movie
Cannibal Holocaust - not bad, but I was a little disappointed
Men Behind the Sun - gory and worth watching
Run Lola Run - fun
Coffin Joe - I have 2 of them; both are very good
Battle Royal - highly recommended
I Spit on Your Grave - not as shocking as the hype will lead you to believe, but all horror/exploitation movie fans should watch it at least once
Last House on the Left - I like this a lot better than I Spit on Your Grave
The Day After Tomorrow - sort of a tribute to Irwin Allen
Dawn of the Dead (remake) - better than I expected
Sunset Blvd. - everyone should see it
The Big Sleep - one of Bogie's top 3 or 4 movies
Notorious - one of my 3 or 4 favorite Hitchcock movies
Goodfellas - I can watch this over and over again
I Married a Monster from Outer Space - better than average 1950s sci-fi flick
Junior Bonner - interesting, but none of the typical Peckinpah violence
Hud - excellent movie . . . left me feeling sort of empty
Deliverance - one of my 10 favorite movies
Diaboliques - excellent
M - excellent . . . years ahead of its time
About Schmidt - not bad, but nothing special
The Horror of Frankenstein - another good Hammer flick
Die Monster Die - nothing special
Madhouse - recently bought the "Midnight Movies" DVD - haven't watched it yet

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 07:18:51 AM »

You got some good ones on there Scott.

The Train Robbers was just playing over the weekend on AMC, it's not one of John Wayne's best.

The Vaninshing -  Fox Movie Channel plays this once in a while (Jeff Bridges, Keifer Sutherland version)  IFC plays the original  (French?)version.

Lonely are the Brave - Haven't seen it in quite a while, but it's a good turn for Kirk Douglas.

Monty Walsh - You'll love the cook's revenge scene. This is a great one for Lee Marvin fans.  Tom Selleck remade it for TNT and it is good in it's own right, but quite a different movie from the original, but they both make their point about the death of a lifestyle.

Deliverance - Makes you wonder how Burt Reynolds could blow his career after making this.

Yojimbo - Great Kurasawa film, it was the basis for a Fistful of Dollars.  

Kingdom of the Spiders - It has Shatner, it's got to be great!

You have an eclectic  taste in movies man.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Yaddo 42
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 08:51:33 AM »

Lonely Are the Brave is Kirk Douglas' favorite acting performance of his career. He mentions it quite often in interviews.

Trying to mention films that I think I haven't commented on before in threads of yours.

Junior Bonner - definitely a favorite, proves along with "The Ballad of Cable Hogue" that Peckinpah was capable of more than just stylish violence when he wanted. Have you ever seen the Cliff Robertson film "J W Coop"? Also about an aging rodeo rider, this one fresh out of prison. Worth finding if you haven't.

Hud - finally saw this on AMC this summer. excellent downer drama about the "modern" (1960s) west. Great performances from a suburb cast including Newman, Patrica Neal, and Melvin Douglas. But probably not somehting to watch if your already feeling down.

About Schmidt - Nicholson proving he can "act his age". Very funny at parts but also quite sad. KInd of teaches a lesson without getting preachy. But not everyone's cup of tea.

Die Monster Die! - yet another weak take on a great Lovecraft story, unless you are a Karloff or Nick Adams completist, I wouldn't go out of my way to seek it out. If you catch on TV somewhere, eh maybe.

The Devil Rides Out - an excellent and unjustly neglected Christopher Lee film about black magick. I highly recommend it. Not so much a horror movie as an adventure story however.

The Hallelujah Trail - saw it once years ago, I remember being very disappointed by it. Bloated, boring, and not as funny as it seemed to think it was.

The Creeping Terror - slow going, very sssslloooooooowwwwwww going. Take only in small doses, even the MST3K version may not be defense enough against the dullness of this film. As silly, cheap, and cheesy looking as you've no doubt heard. Watching glacier races would seem like NASCAR compared to the pacing of this film.

One from your "see again" list I know I've mentioned before:

Burn! - excellent film, worth finding again, may be getting reissued in a restored edition sometime soon since it got the restored arthouse treatment in NYC recently according to the NYT. Also one of the few films of Brando's that he still cared for or liked his work in years later when he he was doing it just for the money and loathed and badmouthed most of the films he had done in his career.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 09:20:20 AM »

Wow, thanks everyone for the quick responses and great comments. I'm just soaking all that info in right now. Thanks !  I'm running out of films to watch, but a list always helps me find more unexpected titles.

Adding MARATHON MAN to the list after reading LOYAL1s recent TERROR FROM THE AISLES post and I'm also adding THE CRAZIES to my list of films to view again since I haven't seen it in 30 years.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 09:26:07 AM »

Hey Yaddo, is J.W. Coop the one where he lands his biplane in the pasture and when he comes back from the rodeo the cows had eaten it?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 + Films Yet to View............. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.