Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:41:55 AM
714198 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Funny Night « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Funny Night  (Read 2023 times)
Jay O'Connor
« on: October 23, 2001, 11:35:45 AM »

Last night was kinda strange.  I was watching both the football game and the baseball, and maybe something else.  My wife was giving me a hard time for watching several things at once.  I noticed something on the TV-Guide and I said "and that's not all" and smiled.  She said "what's on...Beastmaster?" and I died laughing because she was right!

So I asked her how she knew and she said that there were only a few things that would've made me smile like that so she guessed.  We figured a few others would be "Buckaroo Banzai" and "Spaced Invaders"

Sure enough, "Spaced Invaders" came on later that night :)
Lester1/2jr.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2001, 02:35:27 PM »

is spaced invaders one of those sci fi parody movies?  I'm going to rent  Spermula soon.
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2001, 02:58:28 PM »

Spaced Invaders isn't really a parody.  It's more an outright comedy about some idiot aliens who come to earth and hear a re-broadcast of "War Of The Worlds" and think they are hearing about their own invasion so they try to takeover this small town.  This happens on Halloween so the townsfolk just think they are kids in costumes

The only alien who has a clue has a funny take-off Jack Nicholson voice and the best dead-pan lines.  Him and the kid in the duck suit are the best parts.
The Bard
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2001, 10:14:52 PM »

I think Matlin's review of "Spaced Invaders" says all that needs to be said about it.

Martians, out to ``kick some Earthling butt, '' fly into a Mayberry-type burg after mistaking a Halloween rebroadcast of Orson Welles' War of the Worlds for legitimate invasion orders. Have you ever noticed that Welles couldn't get financing for decades, but movies like this keep getting made? Criminally overlong.

Although I will admit I did like it when I was a kid, and probably now would still get a laugh out of the Jack Nicholson wannabe and the Duck
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2001, 10:24:42 AM »

I like Spaced Invaders. It just has that Affable insanity i like. My favorite Martian was Blassne, the pilot. L.A. Lakers t-shirt and Bomber jacket with that Nicholson thing going, he had some of the best lines. The movie just worked for me, what can i say? It's....comfortable. Like that old friend that can always be depended on to do something goofy, and not realise he's doing it.....hey,why are my ears burning?
Lester1/2jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2001, 09:32:12 PM »

Christian Slater has a funny take-off jack Nicholson voice
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Funny Night « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.