Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:54:03 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Horror Channel « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Horror Channel  (Read 1399 times)
George
« on: October 27, 2004, 09:21:51 AM »

I'm sure this is old news but apparently the horror channel will not be launching on Halloween.  The reason given is wanting mass distribution to reach as many people as possible and give a full 24/7 line-up of shows.  I would have hoped for the Halloween launch with, at least, some programing.  Maybe they will make it just in time for the scariest of holidays, Christmas.  As I read the reasons for this decision, I can't help but think that it may spell the end of the horror channel.  Too bad.
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 09:27:15 AM »

Well, I hope they make it and I hope they cover a lot of the more obscure horror films that are hard to get hold of like COFFIN JOE from Brazil or some of 60's - 70's Euro horror films and Mexican Horror. Those along with the classics we all know.

Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 10:15:15 AM »

I keep seeing this place:  http://voom.com/vhdo/mnst/index.jsp advertised on TCM.  It's the Monsters HD channel.  But I guess you have to get that VOOM satellite service to get it.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 12:58:35 PM »

Holy crap Hockstatter!

I just checked that out and it looks to be a hell of a channel.  I just might have to go pick up a HDTV and get VOOM.  

Or not.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 01:07:10 PM »

I know, I'd love to see Elvira hosting some movies.  That would bring back some great memories from my high school days!
Yaddo 42
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 05:44:34 PM »

I've seen that infomercial for VOOM so many times, I can't afford it or an HDTV now, but it sure make me curious.

I liked their horror selection for the most part. But wonder how a film with as murky a picture and lots of nighttime scenes (where you can see even less) like "Werewolves on Wheels" would look in HD.

Did anyone else have trouble getting their schedule to work? I tried several ZIP codes on various pages, wanting to see more about their animation, movies, and that graphic art MOOV channel, but nothing happened.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 05:52:53 PM »

Wow, this is like a dream come true Mr. Hockstatter. Yaddo I also couldn't get the schedule, but their special features look great.

Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 08:58:13 AM »

I typed in my zip code and nothing happend.
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 10:03:26 AM »

Oooooooh, the Horror Channel... kick ass! I can hardly wait! I hope they feature lots of unknown films and give them the glory they deserve. Uh, well.... most of them anyway.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Horror Channel « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.