Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:27:24 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Thank Andrew and our other troops in Iraq... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thank Andrew and our other troops in Iraq...  (Read 890 times)
Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 25, 2004, 11:32:48 AM »

This is a time of year when many of us are more prone to give to good causes.  I'd personally like to thank Andrew and all the fine men and women like him, and thought perhaps others would like to contribute.  I will match the first one hundred dollars raised for this.

My general idea is to split contributions between two organizations.  

Operative Gratitude (http://opgratitude.com/website/html/) sends care packages to our troops stationed in Iraq.  They've been doing this for a while and have a pretty good idea of what they need and want over there.

Spirit of America (http://www.spiritofamerica.net/site) helps our troops do their jobs in rebuilding the country.  When units see a need but don't have the funds to accomplish it, they solicit help from Spirit of America.  Current projects range from providing tools, sewing machines, etc., to help devastated Iraqis gain useful work, to helping farmers there grow crops, to helping build and supply schools for Iraqi children.  No matter what our various views of the war are, I'm sure we can all agree on the humanitarian side of helping Iraqis building a better, freer society.

Please visit the websites referenced above and see what kind of work these organizations are doing.  I am certainly open to any other suggestions.  Also, I'm no computer maven (to say the least).  I don't have any brilliant ideas for how to collect the donations, other then having them sent to my Paypal account.  I'm sure there's a better mechanism, and a more transparent one, and would welcome any suggestions.  Needless to say, my intention is that every cent of each donation would be sent on.

I know money is tight for most folks.  However, even donations of five or ten bucks would add up, and I think it would be a nice gesture of thanks to Andrew for all he's given us as a writer, a friend and a U.S. Marine.

I again solicit any comments or suggestions.
Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 03:20:34 PM »

We've raised $40 over at Jabootu (which I'm matching).  Certainly you regulars here can match that, can't you?  There's still 60 bucks worth of matching funds available.
Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 10:06:29 AM »

Just to keep folks updated, we've now raised $110 from three extremely generous donors, along with the hundred bucks I promised to match.  Obviously, I'd love to add to that total.  However, I think that's pretty good for less than 24 hours, and I'm sure Andrew will appreciate the fact that we are thinking of him (and everyone else serving in our Armed Forces).  Hopefully he'll be back home soon, safe and sound.

Anyone wishing to add to our donation pool--and really, five or ten bucks would be great--can Paypal me (ken@jabootu.com) or go to Jabootu and use the 'tip jar' on my front page.  Just mention Andrew's name in the message.  I'll continue to collect money until things dry up, and report back here as things go along.

Thanks, guys.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Thank Andrew and our other troops in Iraq... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.