Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:30:57 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Iraq Movie Night « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iraq Movie Night  (Read 1924 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 27, 2004, 03:46:47 AM »

With the help of a few movies I brought out here in a hard case, we have been having a movie night for the platoon about every two weeks.  The real goal is once a week, but other things often preempt movie night.

Anyway, with the help of a proxima and a sheet (mailed out by the wife), a couple of memorable films have gone by:

Flash Gordon (1980)
Breakin'
Breakin' 2, Electric Boogaloo
The Crippled Masters

So far, it seems like the Marines have most enjoyed "Breakin'", because SSgt Garcia is almost a dead ringer for Ozone.  "Flash Gordon" is a really close second by popular opinion.  I'm going to ask Katie to mail me out "Battle Beyond the Stars" and "Death Race 2000" as well.  She might have to get "The Last Dragon" here too, because a number of them are dying to watch that movie again.

I think we might watch one of the old silly flicks I brought out here next, like "Reefer Madness."  I also have "Candy" with me, hoping to write a review while I'm out here.  However, I don't know about trying to show "Candy."  If the press got ahold of that story - egad.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 03:53:31 AM »

Sounds like fun!

I can only imagine what the insurgents watch together on their movie night...

Post Edited (10-27-04 21:39)
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 09:12:23 AM »

Been wanting to see CANDY starring Marlon Brando for a long while now. Just haven't been able to get a hold of it.

I'll have to come over while your playing it. What date are you going to show it? So I can request some time off from work. I'll bring a couple things for the next showing like my SOMETHING WEIRD SAMPLER and VAMPYRES.

How do I get there Andrew? Make a left on 95?

dean
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 09:17:19 AM »

Sounds like a great selection.

Death Race 2000 is one of my favourite B-movies, and have also just come to love Breakdance [damn musical]  It's so horribly 80's!

Hope everything is going well!
Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 09:20:20 AM »

Andrew,

I'm pretty sure Candy violates the Geneva conventions, and you should probaby be prepared for a riot if you attempt to show it.  I'd suggest having high-pressure fire hoses standing by.

As for Breakin', that's actually a good training film.  You never know when an insurgent will suddenly materialize out of a crowd and start busting a move in your direction, and that film will help the troops learn how to instantly respond to such a threat.

You guys keep your heads down over there, and tell the boys and girls that there's a free B-Fest ticket waiting for them once they're back home.
Scott H.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 02:28:12 PM »

If you can post an address, I'd be more than happy to send you guys ANY film you want. That will be my contribution to the war on terror.

Scott H.
Yaddo 42
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 04:52:21 PM »

Glad to know you get the chance to enjoy the bad movies from time to time over there. A little touch of home, I guess.

"Death Race 2000" sounds like a good idea, those who get it really enjoy it. Those who don't are too busy saying "What the hell is this?". You're enough of an expert to know not to inflict "Deathsport" on the unsuspecting.

After watch the copy of "Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter" I bought the other day, I wonder how that would go over. Then again, blasphemy, lesbians, vampires, slapstick humor, bad white boy kung fu, and a product of Canada...........yeeeesh, talk about bad press.

Maybe "Master of the Flying Guillotine" or "Killer Klowns from Outer Space"?

Take care of yourself, and keep the flag flying for bad movies.
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 10:49:43 AM »

Glad you could check in,Andrew.
Might i reccomend...
SPACED INVADERS.
GAMERA, G OF THE U.
Ditto KILLER KLOWNS, AND DR 2000.
BATMAN (In French! Verry funny)
INFRAMAN!
and, of corse , any thing with R. Lee Ermey in it!
" Listen up, maggots, you will sit still for BEWARE-THE BLOB, And i don't wanna hear any sniveling outa you grabbasstic snots, or its you candy asses on report..you got that!??"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
lester1/2jr
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 04:26:54 PM »

whoah.  Andrew I'm old school and didn't know you were in Iraq!!  Holy s**t dude.  May the lord protect you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Iraq Movie Night « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.