Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:34:28 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  stupid lyrics! Stupid, stupid songs. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: stupid lyrics! Stupid, stupid songs.  (Read 13712 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2004, 12:46:14 PM »

Great Song

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
SaintMort
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2004, 01:06:38 PM »

for stupid stupid lyrics, check out my stuff www.purevolume.com/saintmort
Flangepart

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2004, 12:45:25 PM »

Wow.
Glad i could share the pain.

Thanks for the link, Freepster. Ouch.
I'm not the only one who thinks the lyric goes "wrapped up like a dousch", am i?
The more they repeat a line, ad nausem, the less i respect.
Hummm....may explain why Jimmy Buffet don't get played as much. His best songs require ya to "pay too much attention."

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Zach Teipen
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2004, 08:24:02 PM »

Lovers wanna love! Haters wanna Hate! I dont want none of thee above! I wanna p**s on you! Yes I do! Cover u in my do do! Take me too your specal place, close your eyes show me your face! I wanna p**s on it! Yes i do! Smuther you in my poo poo!
Ozzymandias
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2004, 11:24:53 PM »

The radio station I work at plays "lite" adult contemporary. I noticed a song by Michael McDonald and Patti LaBelle called "On My Own" from the 80s features the line "Now we are talking about getting a divorced and we were never even married."  HUH????
Master Blaster
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2004, 12:41:51 PM »

"All That She Wants" by Ace of Base. Thats a bad one all right.
Writer
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2004, 05:31:57 AM »

"We Are the World" by Band Aid.

Go suck on a prune, you old Band Aid wankers! Not only was the song a good torture method, but Africans continued to starve while their food rotted on the docks because you distracted everyone from the real problem, namely the dictators who were starving them! Every wanker who puts on a whiny charity concert for no one's good but his own ought to be drowned in a vat of maple syrup as punishment.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2004, 12:35:47 PM »

Mmmmmm, maple syyyruuuup!

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
nemo
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2004, 03:00:42 PM »

"The night chicago died."....
"Billy, dont be a hero".....
"I am woman "......
all hits in the early seventy's.
Boy the early seventies sucked.
Yaddo 42
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2004, 08:24:06 PM »

Jimmy Buffet doesn't get played much? Can't speak for other areas, but not where I live. "Margaritaville", "Come Monday", "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes", "Volcano", "Cheeseburger in Paradise", "Pencil Thin Mustache", etc. all still get regular radio play on AC and country stations around here. Even the local classic rock stations still give him a play now and then, but less than they did say five years ago . Basically everything on "Songs You Know By Heart", even "Why Don't We Get Drunk" until Clear Channel bought the rock station, got played until a few years ago when stations seemed to start narrowing their play lists even more. But my favorite stuff of his is the old stuff and not too many of the popular ones or the hits.

Another stupid lyrics tune: "Hey Baby" by No Doubt. I've never believed in the idea that if you have even a touch of ska or reggae in your music you are automatically cool, so I've never been a fan of them. But that thing isn't even a full song, just an annoying hook, a chant ("Hey Baby! Hey Baby! Hey!" and that boys say/girls say crap) pretending to be a chorus, and whatever little bit of lyrics Stephani's mumbling in her Betty Boop with a hangover singing voice that I've never been able to hear clear enough to figure out.
peter johnson
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2004, 08:27:28 PM »

Oh, nemo, you don't know the half of it!!  What astonishes me even more is how these songs that were dreadful then get recycled to death and beyond death on "Oldies" stations.  The only people I've ever met in person who enjoy 70's top 40 radio music are either mentally challenged or have a perverse attraction to them sort of like what we do here with our Ed Wood stuff.
Muskrat Love.
Give it Here
Yummy Yummy
Sugar Sugar
Rockin' Robin
Excuse me, I have to go regurgitate my liver now . . .
peter johnson/denny crane
Skullfarmer
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2004, 10:29:42 PM »

Dan Hill's "Sometimes When We Touch" makes me want to claw my eyes out.
dean
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2004, 06:27:20 AM »

Wow, is it just me or does all this 70's music talk just make you want to tune into KBilly's super sounds of the 70's? K.B.I.L.L.Y, home of rock!
Kory
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2004, 03:19:21 PM »

"I've got a brand new pair of roller skates..." my Melody or Melanie or something.  Another TERRIBLE seventies nightmare.
JohnL

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2004, 06:50:04 PM »

You know, I think I'd take any of the 70's songs mentioned in this thread over the likes to Mmmm Bop or Whoomp There It Is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  stupid lyrics! Stupid, stupid songs. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.