Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:42:43 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  stupid lyrics! Stupid, stupid songs. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: stupid lyrics! Stupid, stupid songs.  (Read 13524 times)
dean
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2004, 10:28:00 PM »

The sad thing, John, is my girlfriend is going to see Hanson in concert either this week or the next.

Now all the little girls who loved them when they were younger are all grown  up!

I'm so, so ashamed.... but at least I don't have to go thankfully.
Drezzy Mac
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2004, 07:12:15 PM »

Pick a song by Linkin Park. Any of them.
peter johnson
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2004, 07:27:44 PM »

Melanie:  The Roller Skate song is what you're referring to.  Yes, it is quite sad, but nowhere near as bad as some of the others it was playing against at the time it came out.
Melanie actually wrote some very good songs -- see if you can find a copy of "Lay Down/Candles in the Rain".  She could really sing, but silly crap is what sold back then.
peter johnson/denny crane
reagan
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2004, 08:02:18 PM »

dumb, I know, I've had the Love Boat theme going through my head. Sad but true. Beat that.
Stephanie
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2004, 10:27:28 PM »

Unfortunatly for you I am a fan of such teen-angst bands.  If you actually listen to them, their lyrics are good.  Also, the passion that they put in when singing and the thought that they write these songs for just such people as myself who are going through rough times (Even when we're not going through rough times) maes them more important in ways.  They seem to have the right song for most all moods.

I know that you're not the only person who doesn't like such bands but, I know that that's just something to deal with. Many people have different tastes in music.  But I'm just saying that, if you give them a chance they'll grow on you.

(My friend once tried to re-introduce me to a band that I didn't like and they eventually grew on me.  I now listen to them all the time.  This, I know, can happen with any type of music and any band.  I'm just suggesting you perhaps give them a chance before shuting them down like that.)
Stephanie
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2004, 10:32:25 PM »

Also, it seems that they have balls.  They're brave enough to talk about this.  Some kids wouldnt want to talk about this but these bands bring out things that are really going on that people are scared to talk about.
dean
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2004, 07:18:48 AM »

I actually went to a cocktail bar the other night where the band played the love boat theme.  It was funny as hell because the band were so tacky.  For example the lead singer was wearing an all white suit in which the shirt was unbuttoned quite a lot, wearing a metal drink coaster as a necklace.  It was possibly the funniest thing ever [especially factoring drinking into this!]
Lisa
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2004, 01:20:01 PM »

HI
I am Zach's friend Lisa...

Love ya!
---LISA
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2004, 01:42:35 PM »

Unfortunatly for you I am a fan of such teen-angst bands.

The only problem is that it's all calculated to sell to people who will be touched by it.

To make it in the music industry, it takes a lot of work and a lot of connections and a lot of going out and playing places you may not really want to play.  The music industry today is too formulated and programmed that the days of someone singing true heartfelt songs and being dicovered for their honesty and insight are gone.  'Teen-angst' bands are only there because someone decided 'hey, someone will fall for this, this will sell'.  Anyone who really had any conviction and depth of emotion like that would not survice long enough or do what was needed to actually become popular in today's music scene.

Dream Theater said it well in Just Let Me Breath

----------------------
Strike up your best angst ridden posture, whoa
Manufactured anger
Let’s not forget my legacy
All my heroes have failed me
Now they’re dead and buried, yeah

Just close your mind
You can find all you need with your eyes

The big machines will take care of you
Until the fashion fades
And the checks go through
My bankroll’s red
And my face is blue
And still they’ll turn their backs on me for someone new
---------------------

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2004, 06:05:48 PM »

All this and none of you guys has mentioned  "Afternoon Delight" one of the 70's biggest hits.  There was also that  "We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun song" and  "Shannon" about the guy's dead dog.

There was lots of good music in 70's, it  was on FM  where they played album rock.  AM top 40 crap jumped to FM about 1976 or so  and killed the album rock stations.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Flangepart

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2004, 06:06:09 PM »

dean wrote:

>
> I actually went to a cocktail bar the other night where the
> band played the love boat theme.  It was funny as hell because
> the band were so tacky.  For example the lead singer was
> wearing an all white suit in which the shirt was unbuttoned
> quite a lot, wearing a metal drink coaster as a necklace.  It
> was possibly the funniest thing ever [especially factoring
> drinking into this!]

Oh, man...am i the  only one haveing a "Blues Brothers" flashback?
Quando, quando,quandoooooo!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2004, 06:29:36 PM »

trek_geezer wrote:
> All this and none of you guys has mentioned  "Afternoon
> Delight" one of the 70's biggest hits.  There was also that
> "We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun song" and
> "Shannon" about the guy's dead dog.

Or 'Living Next Door to Alice.' That one is awful. Mind you, I did have a good time at a bar once with that song, about seven or eight years ago. A lone guitar player and singer, who was kind of a joker, would play the song, and each time he sang the line 'living next door to Alice', the whole bar, on the next couple of beats, would shout 'Alice! Who the f**k is Alice!' That was fun.

Still, for sheer sappy 70s melodrama, you can't beat 'Last Game of the Season' about the blind man who always sat in the bleachers while his son played football, and one day, the last day of the season, he didn't show up, because he died. The end.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Drezzy Mac
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2004, 07:01:31 PM »

I'd also like to throw in Hatebreed as being one of the bands with the worst lyrics of all-time. They're not nonsensical party lyrics, they're just repetitive. I swear, Jamey Jasta has told everybody in the band to record the same album over and over again while his vocal chords wither away.
JohnL

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2004, 07:42:27 PM »

>The sad thing, John, is my girlfriend is going to see Hanson in concert either this
>week or the next.
>
>Now all the little girls who loved them when they were younger are all grown up!

I like what one angry comedian said about them;

"Boys like 'em because they think they're girls. Girls like 'em because they think they're boys. There should be a sign outside their house that says "You must be this tall (holds up hand) to rock"."
reagan
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2004, 01:37:51 AM »

Apologies John.
Has anyone mentioned the 'Shatman' (If  you  don't  know  who  I  mean  then  you don't  get  this  in  joke    either :)  )
Haven't heard his albums,but they GOT to be bad
Love his other work though
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  stupid lyrics! Stupid, stupid songs. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.