Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:03:30 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Election Day « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Election Day  (Read 17210 times)
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 02, 2004, 11:15:57 PM »

I don't know if y'all are watching the election coverage or not, but HOW THE HELL CAN ANYONE VOTE FOR BUSH WITH A CLEAR CONSCIENCE!?  The man and his administration are openly EVIL!  Not just stupid, but plain, flat-out unconstitutionally EVIL!  And he's WINNING AGAIN!  Thank Cthulhu I have lots of beer here.
What I think we need is a massive epidemic.  It did wonders for feudal England.  Nothing short of a huge, life-altering disaster is going to change the system in a radical enough way that there can be a proper change.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
daveblackeye15

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 12:09:18 AM »

Oh okay! I'm just gonna let it out! I HATE BUSH!!!! Oh my god, I don't care if I start a flame war I've just had to hold that in for so long, good thing I got plenty of soda with me right now. But yeah the election thing has got my heart going BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 01:32:59 AM »

Go Bush! Its a good thing  we won't bash each other for the choices we make.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 01:48:41 AM »

Brother Ragnarok wrote:

> I don't know if y'all are watching the election coverage or
> not, but HOW THE HELL CAN ANYONE VOTE FOR BUSH WITH A CLEAR
> CONSCIENCE!?  The man and his administration are openly EVIL!
> Not just stupid, but plain, flat-out unconstitutionally EVIL!
> And he's WINNING AGAIN!  Thank Cthulhu I have lots of beer
> here.
> What I think we need is a massive epidemic.  It did wonders for
> feudal England.  Nothing short of a huge, life-altering
> disaster is going to change the system in a radical enough way
> that there can be a proper change.
>

Hell if I know!! Been asking that question all night! Sadly, it was a huge, life-altering
disaster that guaranteed this bastard his popularity. Oh, the humanity!!!

And, I would bash anyone with a difference of opinion, but I'm too damned dis-spirited right now. Kidding......maybe.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 08:10:05 AM »

I'm going to have to agree with you guys.  It's amazing me just how many people voted for Bush.  I know that a lot of people on the board are Republicans, and that's fine.  It's just that I can't see how any "undecided" voters would actually swing towards Bush.  Fear of change maybe?

I supported Kerry throughout this entire election but not because I really liked the guy.  I thought that he had conviction, and I did think that he would make for a strong leader.  I supported him because I cannot stand Bush.  I feel that his re-election is just a disaster waiting to happen.  

Had Bush actually said at anytime during the election that he would pull troops out of Iraq, I could see this as being an acceptable win.  But no, he holds fast to his mistakes and refuses to take any responsibility for what is happening in that country.  He has pretty much blown off the fact that he originally said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and now is trying to justify the war by saying basically, "Sadaam was a bad guy.  We had to take him out of power.".

If that's the case, why don't we go ahead and take out North Korea?  I see him as much more of a threat than Sadaam.  And when did we suddenly become the country to decide the fates of all other countries?  It's not our place to take a leader out of power, even a corrupt one.  Hell if we did that, we ourselves would have to pick a new president.

I did feel that Kerry would have been beneficial to the Iraq situation.  Atleast the man has been in war and knows the horrors of it unlike our current president.  I feel that he would have been compassionate towards the troops instead of using them for his own will.  

I also feel that he would have had more sympathy for our enemies that Bush.  I know that sounds like hippie tree-hugging bulls**t, but it's not.  Think about this, Osama Bin Laden is obviously an a***ole.  But, that doesn't mean that there WASN'T a reason behind the attacks.  Sure, in our eyes it might have been the wrong reason, but there still was one.  Bush said at one of the debates: "These are a group of folks with hate in their hearts.".  It's not as simple and black and white as that.  Nothing ever is.  

Or think about it this way.  We see sometimes on the news that our troops in Iraq were attacked by a small group of "terrorists".  But, switch it around for a moment.  What if we were occupied by another country against our will, and our leader was taken?  What if then some of us attacked the occupying army?  Would we then be 'terrorists' to our people or 'freedom fighters'?  It amazes me just how much the word "TERRORIST" gets thrown around now.  

There's my rant.  Take from it what you will.  I have no doubt that there will eventually be a flame war on this board, but that is not what I want to happen.  I'm just stating my views and hopefully everyone will be respectful of everyone else's opinions.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 08:16:21 AM »

An old saying:
Sometimes the Devil that you know is better than the one that you don't.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 08:16:39 AM »

Well, at least in your system, they only get two terms.

In Canada, we can have the same crappy leader for as long as he wants to stay, because there are no term limits, and most people here are afraid to gamble on someone new. Unless they really get p**sed off, it's always the devil they know. What's more, our terms can be up to five years if the government is really unpopular, and extremely short if the PM wants to take advantage of a surge in popularity (he decides when elections are held). Your presidents have a chance of going out on top, while our PMs always stay at least one term longer than they should have, and the last term is often a very bad one. The whole country let out a collective 'Thank God' when Chretien finally retired. The bugger hung around for almost 12 years, and I think he must have won about four elections in that time.

So, I envy some (not all) aspects of your system, particularly a two-term limit and a fixed four-year term.

Of course, we also have some advantages, not the least of which is that our elections are decided on the same day they're held :)

I do wonder if all of the overdone attacks on Bush by folks like Michael Moore might have backfired and generated sympathy for the guy. Just a possibility.

Post Edited (11-03-04 08:06)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
dean
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 08:25:51 AM »

Andy, we have the same problem here.  Our current prime minister has been around for a while, and whilst he isn't necessarily doing too bad a job, his policies kinda suck.  Our recent election gave good ol Johnny a few more years to increase the gap between rich and poor, but then again we have really noone that I would trust or like enough to replace him.

But yes, despite it all, I'm happy that we get the results on the same day, everyone votes [which may be a pain in the arse, but at least it solves alot of problems] and we don't have to lodge lawsuits in order to become leaders.

Good luck America, the world holds it's breath!
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 08:38:03 AM »

A lot of people who voted for Bush aren't Republicans. I voted for him, but I also voted for a Democratic Congressman and Senator. The problem with our system system is that you only get to choose which dickhead will screw things up the least. Everybody in the 'anybody but Bush' camp is just being stupid. Mr. Kerry as president would have made me have to throw the TV out the window or shoot myself to keep from having to listen to the stiff for four years. (Bush is worth listening to just for the entertainment  value of his linguistic  faux pas's)

One of these days I hope we get someone to vote for, but I think we are going to have to tear down the party system to do it.  These two Bozo's spent half a billion dollars between the two of them.

I listened to Jimmy Carter on the radio one day and did you know that the US meets none of the criteria of the Carter Institute for having free and fair elections?They monitor  elections all over the world and know a little bit about the subject. One of those criteria is publicly funded campaigns, which sounds better  and better as I get older.

What we need is reform so we can get some decent candidates and not just those annointed by the two major parties.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 08:43:16 AM »

Yeah, but in this case, I feel we know the Incumbent Devil well enough that it's worth taking our chances on what's behind the curtain.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 09:02:18 AM »

Alright, just how is Bush openly EVIL?  Some on guys give me one good reason  to back up that kind of accusation?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
dean
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004, 09:55:30 AM »

Bush isn't evil, I just don't feel he is fit to lead a superpower.  That being said, I do not know that much about Kerry and his ideas, policies or anything, which is why I understand that people can vote for Bush [after all, who am I to criticize those who know more about Kerry than I do, and decide that he is not for them]

The same thing Trekgeezer was talking about sort of happened here in Australian elections: both the options weren't really that good, so it kind of gives you a depressed feeling when both canditates don't really make the grade as to what you want in a leader.  But thankfully our voting system isn't near as flawed as the American system seems to be.

But voting for which President is the more entertaining one? That's a bit much really.  Look at Australia's prime minister: he is the most annoying person imaginable, however he was voted in power again in our recent elections, not because of entertainment value, but because, arguably, he would do a better job than the opposition's leader.  That's the important thing here: who would do the best job in not only running the country, but in maintaining some semblance of peace in the world.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2004, 10:07:10 AM »

I didn't really mean to say that I voted for Bush because he was entertaining.  I did it because John Kerry has been going around saying he has a plan for this and that, when in 20 + years in the Senate he has never had his name attached to single bill and he waffles all over the place. He got a lot of votes out of some peoples pure hate for Bush.

I would really like to have folks like Colin Powell or John McCain running. Hell I'd vote for Arnold Schwartzeneggar if it were legal.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004, 10:14:51 AM »

Hey, I voted for Constitution Party.

Mostly as a protest vote against the republican party.  I knew Peroutka had no chance and in fact he came in 5th in my own state, behind Nader, Badnarik, and Cobb.

I'm fiscally conservative and also a Christian.  

For the first, I see the Republicans being too much like the Democrats, just along different lines.  

For the second, I think the Republican party just uses the Christian vote the same way the Democrats use Unions or Blacks.  Both parties have their little voting blocks that they make promises to and can count on for votes, but it's mostly lip service and empty air.  I don't like being used like that.  Also, politics makes me make enemies of people I should reach out to because God loves them.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Fearless Freep

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004, 10:17:58 AM »

The man and his administration are openly EVIL! ...And he's WINNING AGAIN! Thank Cthulhu I have lots of beer here.

So, um, he's evil and you are thanking an evil being. You should be happy :)

Post Edited (11-03-04 09:18)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Election Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.