Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:09:44 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Election Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Election Day  (Read 17219 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 10:31:34 AM »

Brother Rag...guys....Your expressing the same hate the radicals on the other side feel for Kerry.
Let...it....go!
Its will only burn you up. Trust me, it ain't worth it.

Bush is the lesser of two evils. Thats as good as it gets. The lesser of two imperfect human beings.
Thats all we will ever have. Mankind is not getting better and better....we only think we are.
And lets face....just whos standards of "Ev-il" are we useing to determin Bush's or Kerry's "Evil", anyhoo? Judao-Christian? Humanist? Muslim?
This world is a mess of emotional children, thinking "WE" are...in what ever group "we" happen to fit....better then "THEM".
And we are going down hill, all the faster, the more we forget that point.

(Sigh)...and people wonder why i 'm so cynical.

Guys...if Kerry had won' i'd be upset too. But what good would that do?
Please, let it go. I like ya too much to see ya suffer.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 10:32:17 AM »

I'll tell ya this much...

Even if Kerry loses, we can all agree that he gave Bush one helluva run for his money!

He'll be president for sure if he runs in 2008.

Fearless Freep

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 10:49:24 AM »

He'll be president for sure if he runs in 2008.

No he won't.  The only thing Kerry had going was "Bush is bad, I'm better"  He basically was running on disatisfaction with Bush; he was basically just the alternative.  If more people were ok with Bush than not, Bush wins.  I more people disliked Bush than not, Kerry wins.  Kerry had nothing really of his own to actually be worth voting for.  In 2008, he won't have that.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004, 10:58:19 AM »

Kerry will not be on the democratic ticket in 2008, they have made it very clear the they will be pushing Hillary Clinton for that........*shutter*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Ed
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2004, 11:02:22 AM »

To be honest,  I do indeed agree with Brother Rag on most counts, all but the mass die-off. But I can see why Bush seems to be ahead right now, the counts are not all in as I write this.

It often seems that one side (sorry all you greens and constitionalists and libertarians, not to minimize your views but I am making a sweeping generalization) cannot in any way comprehend how the other side can think the way they do...
The die-hard Pro-Bush faction think he is a wonderful person, strong leader, decisive, well-spoken, good man etc.

The other side think he is at best a fool and corporate patsy, and at worst a dangerous lair and delusional theocrat,
There is very little middle ground that I can see.  And we, as a country, are paying the price for that.  We just can't see the other person's point of view very clearly.

-Ed
Fearless Freep

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2004, 11:07:54 AM »

There is very little middle ground that I can see.

Ironically, I think most normal people really live in the middle ground but they politicians and  their consultants work very hard to paint the enemy as 'way over there'

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2004, 11:55:35 AM »

Congradulations to President George W. Bush and John Kerry!

What amazes me is the belief of all those involved. I voted yesterday for George W. Bush, but not for the same reasons as most did. This election was a very interesting one as Bush and Kerry do their job this election year. The next 4 years with George Bush are going to be interesting years. Get ready for 2008 as Washington is working on a bill that will allow foreigners to run for president if they are citizens for at least 20 years ! Then for Clinton to head the so called U.N. in 2006. That is if both these two figures health holds up.  Once people realize that America is the true United Nations then you can better understand our role in the world and the function that flux of of appearance plays in world events. Things are veiled to most. Things are not as they appear.

Post Edited (11-03-04 12:28)

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2004, 01:02:55 PM »

John Kerry has conceded to Bush. Check your favorite news outlet for details.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Ghoul
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2004, 01:15:08 PM »

Great! Spoil the ending!!! I was hoping for 3 of 4 weeks of chad counting. Like Willy Wonka said"...the anticipation is killing me...I hope it lasts!" Congrats to W for pulling off what is daddy could not.

Well the good news is stem cell research won't be pushed aside by some crazy assed Christian right wing doh heads. California will continue on with it.

In 2008 we can expect AH-nuld vs. Hillary. Oh boy! By then Iraq will be the oasis of tranquility and peace.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2004, 01:24:57 PM »

Yep, I'm quite surprised that my boy Kerry has conceded.

Oh well.........

Looks like we have another four years with Bush.

I still hope they count Ohio.  I really want to see who that one was going to.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2004, 01:36:47 PM »

> Everybody in the 'anybody but Bush' camp is just being stupid.
> Mr. Kerry as president would have made me have to throw the TV
> out the window or shoot myself to keep from having to listen to
> the stiff for four years. (Bush is worth listening to just for
> the entertainment  value of his linguistic  faux pas's)

And voting against someone because you think he's a boring speaker isn't being stupid?  At least Kerry's administration never had a chance to prove itself as actively evil as Bush and his cronies, Dick "Hi, I'm Satan, enjoy the show!" Cheney and Karl "What?  No, really, I don't hate everyone, I LOVE rich white people!" Rove.  Ugh.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2004, 01:41:14 PM »

Not surprising he lost, considering the s**t the GOP was pulling in the swing states, particularly Ohio this year.  Passing out fliers and posters in minority neighborhoods telling them voting day was Nov. 3, calling them at home and telling them that since they were such loyal voters they could just vote over the phone and not go to the polls, and consequently throwing out their votes.  Grrrr.
And don't tell me that was "just an article on the Onion."  Reuters reported it this year.  I can't believe they're allowed to get away with this crap.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Scott

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2004, 01:42:25 PM »

I wouldn't argue about this to much you two because it's futile. This is Kerry's brother.

Cameron Kerrry

Post Edited (11-03-04 12:44)

Scott

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2004, 01:54:08 PM »

Those in the rank and file are very passionate. This has nothing to do with the party heads doing anthing as they can effect the vote in on a much more subversive scale.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2004, 03:09:45 PM »

Let's not forget the 800 or so voter registrations sent in to the state of Ohio by  the NAACP on behalf of the Democrats with names like Mary Poppins and Willie Wonka on them.

Both sides have extremists and you can't be labeling everyone that belongs to a political party  because of the actions of the outer fringe of that party. Both sides have pulled s**t like this and will probably continue to do so.

Suck it up and live with it for another four years, it's what I had to do for 8 years of  Clinton.

By the way this is the last post I'll be making on this thread. The election is over and I would like to get back to the subject of  movies and entertainment.

Post Edited (11-03-04 14:11)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Election Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.