Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:53:46 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  13 GHOSTS: Please Hollywood, NO MORE REMAKES! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 13 GHOSTS: Please Hollywood, NO MORE REMAKES!  (Read 2493 times)
Chris K.
« on: October 27, 2001, 09:07:13 AM »

The new 13 GHOSTS was just terrible last night. It did not scare me and after the film was over I felt like going up the projection room to take a p**s on the film print to show my disappointment (a little to extreme, but it just describes how I REALLY HATED IT). Now I am no big fan of William Castle, but to remake his original 1960 classic is just like the remake of Alfred Hitchcock's PSYCHO (and I might add almost ruined Gus Van Saint's carrer as well due to his "immortalizing" version of PSYCHO). That and the fact that the original 13 GHOSTS and the remake are both from Columbia Pictures! But Hollywood has not learned it's lesson and in fact an upcoming new version of George Pal's classic THE TIME MACHINE is on it's way too! Let's hope that that one is the real stinker.

The only advice I have to offer to these mainstream film corporations in Hollywood is if you want to remake a classic, why not just re-issue the original film. That way, you'll make more money than it did when it played 20 or 30 years ago.

Questions or comments anyone?
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2001, 10:43:03 AM »

When I saw the preview the only thing I could think was someone pitching the  movie like this..."It's just like the remake of House on Haunted Hill, only DIFFERENT!"

A remake of Macabre is next, then Terry Castle (William's daughter and producer of this and the remake of House on Haunted Hill as well as head of Dark Castle Productions) is moving on the 'original' projects.  Or so she says.  Frankly Castle's production of Bug is movie I'd like to see remade, one of those instances where improvements could be made in the tale.
Brian Ringler
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2001, 11:15:17 AM »

I will say one good thing, at least the remake is probably the reason why the original got such nice dvd treatment
The Bard
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2001, 10:43:04 PM »

Was that the movie where there was a Barbie Doll as the gauge for what point in time the guy was in? And were in the far future the bomb shelters were fulled with Canniballisic Ape looking guys?
Nathan
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2001, 11:37:56 AM »

That's the one.  I should point out, though, that the upcoming remake is not specifically of the George Pal movie, but of the original H.G. Wells novel.  Though "adaptation" probably doesn't cover it -- it's more like an "exhume the author's coffin just to take a crap on his body" version.

Wanna know how bad it is?  Try this on for size:

They have to revise the planned ending of the movie due to the Sept. 11 attacks, because the plan was having fragments of the exploding moon destroy New York City.

To which my only reply can be, Why in the HELL are their fragments of an exploding moon in The Time Machine?  Did any of these braindead snotsuckers even bother to read one of the best SF novels of all time?

Nathan
flangepart
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2001, 04:01:12 PM »

What? Read!? Are you mad? And lose valuable time snorting coke, doing starlets/studs and hideing profits with "Creative Book keeping"? Shirley, you jest......
Nathan
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2001, 12:01:07 PM »

Don't call me Shirley!!

Nathan
Lee
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2001, 07:08:49 PM »

The Time Machine is a CLASSIC!!! I love that movie! I just hope the remake isn't s**t-pour like that remake of Planet Of The Apes. Tim what the Hell were you thinkin?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  13 GHOSTS: Please Hollywood, NO MORE REMAKES! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.