Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:53:09 PM
714242 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Reign of Fire - Good or Bad? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Reign of Fire - Good or Bad?  (Read 4961 times)
Rombles
« on: November 17, 2004, 07:46:40 AM »

I have just watched Reign Of Fire, and loved it, as I knew I would.  

I would like to know, do people consider this a "Good" movie or a "Bad" movie?  To what extent does love of crappy movies lead you to try to think of any movie you love as, in some way, a Bad movie? Good Bad vs Bad Bad vs Bad Good......   Does this make any sense at all?
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 08:10:14 AM »

This was a good movie in my opinion, some people here don't like it  and will be glad to point out all the holes in the plot. I liked it  and thought it was well made.

There are good bad movied and then there are movies that are just bad.  A good bad movie is one that ends up making you laugh when the film makers were probably going  for the serious or scary. The bad bad movies are the ones that just bore you to tears.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
i luv dolma
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »

IT SUCKED! THE DRAGONS WERE AS BORING AS THE CHARACTHERS. YOU NEVER EVEN SEE THEM.
nobody
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 02:06:35 PM »

I wouldn't say I hated the movie. It was quickly forgotten after I returned it to the video store though.
Master Blaster
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 02:31:45 PM »

Yeah I agree. It's one of those movies you see thats entertaining but very forgettable. I just didnt think it had much character. I'm also really freakin sick of CGI monsters.
raj

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 02:32:17 PM »

Hated it.  Normally I will cut some slack when it comes to plot holes, especially for b-movies, but when you spend a lot of time on the f/x, I don't want holes you can dirve a planet through.  Let's see, you've been fighting the dragons for a century, they've devestated the earth, yet there are still Apache helicopters (with fuel & ammo) flying about from the US to England?!?!?!?
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 02:58:56 PM »

yeah this was a bad BAD movie. the 'dragon slayers' were not effective in killing the dragons. Yes they killed ONE in the entire film.

This movie just had too many plot holes and boring characters. Makes me mad just thinking about this turd of a film.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 04:32:53 PM »

I didn't find REIGN OF FIRE entertaining and the CGI were very distracting from the dull storyline in my opinion. Normally I like these type films, but this is one that didn't interest me.

Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 06:03:33 PM »

Actualy, the chopper was an A-109. An Italian design, If i recall correctly.

However....
Where did the Yanks get the brit kit they drove? That Chieftan Tank for example.
And...judgeing by the size of the head of the one they down, the wee beasties look to weigh about , oh, maby as much as an elephant. Say its twice that, i still have trouble seeing they have to use an flippin' harpoon, when those .50cal Browning M2s they had should have torn the buggers apart!
Ask Andrew, the Ma Duce is awsome.
If the dragons are supposed to be bullet proof...explain why, movie! You owe me that! What, the skin is like Kevlar, and can stop pistol rounds? Okey, maby..and as most people in the world are unarmed, the dragons will have a feast of helpless humans...okey, i can buy that...but not these guys!
I say, a round of .458 Weatherby in the neck will make for a short dragon life.
Two rounds from a Barret .50, and ya got one less dragon to worry with.
Now, if the suprise, panic and dragon tactics  ( Flight and fire) allowed them to surpass humans in the badass department, okey.
But show us that, movie!
Yeesh! Do i realy have to 'splane this to ya?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 06:10:10 PM »

It was an entertaining diversion to me and I 'm sorry,  but I get tired of hearing the CG distracted me.  Bulls**t!  We get to see a lot of  stuff now that couldn't have been done without  CG.  When it's done right it seamless, and in this movie it was pretty seamless.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 06:20:29 PM »

However....

It was a movie about freakin' dragons taking over the world and you want to quibble about weapons and caliber and stuff?!?!  If you can suspend disbelief long enough to go along wih the basic premise, the rest is easy

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 06:50:18 PM »

I thought it was okay.  Somewhat good maybe, but it doesn't have much replay value.  I'll switch to it when there's nothing else on TV, but never end up watching more than 5 minutes or so before I'm channel surfing again.  The dragons were cool, I liked that scene where they were chasing them with a military helicopter.  Don't see that every day!  My main problem was that I thought the main character was extremely uninteresting.  The Rambo action dude was cool and I liked the female lead, but not the star.  The movie also dragged pretty bad towards the middle.  They could have left out that scene with the Hendrix music;  that just didn't belong in that movie.  

I don't think it qualifies for any sort of "bad movie" status, the budget was way too high.

raj

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 07:27:50 PM »

Fearless Freep wrote:

> However....
>
> It was a movie about freakin' dragons taking over the world and
> you want to quibble about weapons and caliber and stuff?!?!  If
> you can suspend disbelief long enough to go along wih the basic
> premise, the rest is easy

Well, yes.
For the fantastic parts, I can suspend desbelief.  Dragons? OK, there were pteradactyls (or however it's spelled).  Fire-breathing ?  Well, there are electric eels.  But when it comes to reality based things, such as weapons, they should still function as they do in the real world.  And there are elephant guns and whatnot which take down modern day behemoths.  What bugged me was that they spend time laying the groundwork that the earth had been devastated, and had been that way for a century, and then there comes along pristine 20th century equipment necessary to kill the head dragon.  It's just going to the well one too many times for me to suspend disbelief.
nobody
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2004, 08:01:42 PM »

I don't remember the CG from "Reign of Fire" enough to comment about it. Usually when the effects are bad that's the biggest complaint that stays with me. The dragons couldn't have sucked too much.

BTW, you're right about CG, trek_geezer, I'm greatful that it's around. For every 20 movies that feature bad CG, there's always 1or 2 good ones, and the good ones are well worth the effort. i.e.: I was absolutely floored by Gollum (and various other effects) in the LOTR's trilogy. For those movies alone CG has proven it's value a billion times over.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2004, 08:15:13 PM »

The earlier CGI was poor, but it is getting better. Still prefer the rubber suits doing the impractical. My comments about CGI were harsh, but I honestly feel they ruined a decade of films. Again it is getting better. There are always interesting qualities to most films and everyone has their own taste.  : )

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Reign of Fire - Good or Bad? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.