Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:42:15 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bacardi anyone? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bacardi anyone?  (Read 2989 times)
Zilla
« on: November 22, 2004, 03:49:01 PM »

This is not a long rant so hear me out.  Advertising in movies has been really been p**sing me off lately.  Collateral, Tom Cruise, bad guy, blond/grey/badger hair, how many times are they going to cut to that bloody sign on the roof with the Bacardi logo on it! They were driving me nuts buy the end, every shot they could put it in they did.  Although the sign had a big wad of tape stuck over the word bacardi you could still see the logo.  Don't get me started on i-robot.  Anyone else a little vexed?

Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 03:55:08 PM »

Leela: Didn't you have ads in the 20th century?
Fry: Well sure, but not in our dreams. Only on TV and radio. And in magazines. And movies. And at ball games and on buses and milk cartons and t-shirts and written on the sky. But not in dreams. No siree!

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Master Blaster
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 04:12:00 PM »

FrigginA! sickening how advertising is forced down our throats. I'm waiting for Pepsi to use nuclear bombs to blast their logo into the moon.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 05:24:56 PM »

Bacardi is good.  You should drink some.
Wence
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 06:07:01 PM »

I prefer original "Havanna Club" !
Ozzymandias
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 09:01:55 PM »

I've seen pictures of a 1966 Bacardi giveaway that was Bat-like sunglasses with the logo. It's obvious they were trying to cash-in on the success of BATMAN on TV. Kind of funny. I guess a kid had to hope their parents drank rum to get those glasses.
Zilla
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 11:38:30 AM »

Personaly my best friend is Jack.......... Daniels.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 11:53:41 AM »

There was this scene in the sci-fi show Babylon 5.  They were in this bar and the commander of the station was (unknown to him) about to be arrested.  They pricked him with this needle containing a fast-acting sedative, and then he got in a big brawl with all the undercover cops.  It was shot from his point of view, with the fight running in slow motion, getting blurry, with this cool song drowning out everything else.  And there in the midst of it all was a sign for Zima on the wall.  I just thought that was the perfect touch to really bring the viewer into the scene (because this is hundreds of years in the future).  And they didn't even get paid for it, J. Michael Strazinski just thought it would be cool.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bacardi anyone? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.