Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:59:50 PM
714162 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cane Toads! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cane Toads!  (Read 3563 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 21, 2004, 03:59:47 AM »

Just a quick blurb on Yahoo! news about a huge horde of toads invading a park.  Apparently they had a good mating season.  It reminded me of the weird documentary about them.

Story on Yahoo!

I wonder if that one guy will be out there, beating them with his stick.  That would probably be a great excuse for me to buy golf clubs.  I do not play golf, but whacking cane toads would be a good reason to buy them.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 10:40:38 AM »

I caught this documentary on either IFC or Sundance about a year ago.  And you're right, it was an incredibly strange documentary.  

One scene that really sticks out in my memory is a scene with a man running over them in his vehicle.  Quite surreal.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 12:59:57 PM »

Oh! Another movie I was just reminded to buy sometime. (The list that keeps on growing and growing and growing...)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Flangepart

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 03:13:02 PM »

Yee, heehee!...i remember the "Sick and twisted Animation" collection with the tale "Where's Baz?", with a beer drinkin' Cane Toad , in a dog bowl, wondering where his mate Baz went off to. "Disappeared like a fart in a fan factory.."
Grosse and disgusting. Perfect for this crowd!
Snag it, mates.

Also : Do they have Cane Toad Killing contests in Aussie land?
Ya know....Aussie land has got to rival Florida for haveing lethal wildlife lurking in the suburbs....

Post Edited (11-21-04 14:30)

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 07:15:52 PM »

Andrew --

It's good to hear from you, boss.  I know you're busy, but did you get the e-mail I forwarded from Carolyn Blashek of Operation Give?

Keep your head down, and remember not to push on those cane toad poison sacs.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your fellows.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 11:48:45 AM »

Confession time, I don't know what cane toads are but I know the common variety.

When I was about ten my Grandma gave me knife that had belonged to my uncle. It was very big (looked like a K-Bar) and he had redone the handle with some leather.

Well my friend next door had a WWI bayonet, so one night about dusk we decided to do a little toad sticking since they were so plentiful where we lived.  We were getting pretty good at nailing them by the time my Dad found out what we were doing.  We did discover that bayonets aren't  balanced too  well for throwing.

This should tell you a little about how things have changed since the 60's. There is no way in hell I would have given my kid a big ol' knife like that when he was ten.

Anybody up for a game of mumbly peg?

Post Edited (11-22-04 10:49)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 12:58:53 PM »

i remember seeing a show...documentary...with a guy driving over an infestation of frogs on a roadway. if he rolled over them "mouth-first", they'd POP!

- mr. henry
www.310am.com

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 01:08:57 PM »

That would be this documentary Mr. Henry.  Hilarious stuff!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cane Toads! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.