Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:15:41 AM
714311 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Simpsons suck now! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Simpsons suck now!  (Read 9470 times)
Gecko Brothers
« on: November 21, 2004, 10:11:15 PM »

Is it just me or has the simpsons  lost their touch along the way! I mean just watch the last Halloween episode. It sucked, it spoofed some good or memorable films and that's it! They need to stop ruining the flavor. Oh well...I'll watch the Korean soap The Immortal Yi-Soon Shin or American Dreams.

Also they are canceling Grounded for Life! How could they? It was actually funny and good!
nobody
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 10:13:20 PM »

They've been bad for a few seasons now (they're on 16, they started tanking somewhere around 13). But while I could sit through the previous episodes, this new season is completely unwatchable. I used to be a huge fan of the show- now I just want to see it canceled.
Dreggen
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 10:19:33 PM »

The simpsons should have ended while they were still in their prime,  it looks like they are going to beat the dead horse just like they did with the X-Files.
Dave Munger
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 12:30:07 AM »

I don't think they need to cancel it, just STOP SUCKING. X-Files didn't have to start sucking either, it seemed intentional, everyone always knew it would suck if Scully and Mulder ever got it on. It's not like there's a finite suply of good episodes, they probably just have crappy writters now. It jumped the shark as abruptly as any show ever has; at the precise moment when Homer was mounted by the rutting panda. I think that abrupt shark jumps like this indicate some kind of shake up in the writting department. The should get Rossane to whip the show back into shape, not that she's funny, but she's great at firing crappy writters.

There is a much more serious problem that's not getting enough attention: Funny parts are being edited out of the re-runs!!!!!!! Remember in the Halloween episode where world-tyrant Flanders sics the hounds on Homer, he pulls a bunch of sausages out of his coat and says, "These sausages will give me the quick energy I need to outrun those dogs" and eats them? Last time I saw that, he just runs and dosen't say anything funny! It's a humorless action sequence!!! I can't remember any other specific examples (which bugs me, my memories might be the last record of how funny the show used to be), but with alarming frequency, I'll watch a re-run and anticipate one of my favorite punch lines, *and they do the set-up* and cut out the PUNCH LINE, so that they are saying things for NO REASON. It's like "Hey Bart, are you enjoying your breakfast?" "Yes, I am." Has Lucas attached one of his injecto-pods to Groenig?
Tilebreaker
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 01:36:25 AM »

I was luke warm on them until last year's halloween special. After that I just gave up. Their one chance to be creative,  and they blew it.

And Grounded for life ended up over on WB, don't know if it got canceled from there or not, I think it comes on Friday nights.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 01:51:23 AM »

Grounded for life is still on the WB I believe. I dont think the new simpsons episodes are that great either. But every episode they do manage to pull some interesting tricks out of their sleaves.

Thi is the final simpsons season I believe. 16 seasons is damn good though, i do wish they had some better writers working on some of the episodes.

'Simple simpson' was one of the worst episodes when it really did have some potential.  if they spent more time on the plot  of each episode they would have more oppertunities for jokes.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
reagan
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 04:22:02 AM »

First-grounded for life-I enjoy it; it's stupid, watch re-runs of Simpsons (watching one now :) yeah sad) also thought they sucked ages ago.  Think 'they' signed up for at least 3 more years tho. Faves - first treehouse "Quoth the Raven Nevermore" Don't know why they didn't do stuff like that again, Pet Sematary ep does not count.  & The Cat Burgular "On my way to the ground, I noticed he was wearing sneakers;for sneaking" love it. Hates: eps like where Homer gets "raped" by a panda - and it goes downhill from there.

BTW, how DID badmovies get onto Simpsons?
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 08:39:59 AM »

It started sucking years ago. However, I almost thought it was getting back on track for a couple of episodes last season. After this week's episode, I'm sure it's all over. It's as if they're stuck for stories, and just assembling combinations of characters and situations that haven't been put together yet. "Hey, let's put Marge and Nelson together." So Marge can bring out Nelson's sensitive side (which Lisa already did years ago). Bart can be afraid of Nelson, who has gone back to being a simple bully, even though he's been shown as one of Bart's friends for a long time now. And Lisa can worry about her image in a way that is totally out of character, and was also already done, more or less, in the episode with Lisa Kudrow. The whole episode was just a mish-mash.

And have you ever noticed that Nelson's family never remains consistent. In one episode, they showed his dad - a biker who looked nothing like the most recent dad - and hinted that his mom was also around. In other episodes, it was suggested he lived with his dad and his mom was absent. Then at some point they came up with the idea that his dad had run off.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
SaintMort
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2004, 09:19:35 AM »

WORST EPISODE EVER!

Sorry that rant sounded like Comic Book Guy
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2004, 09:55:01 AM »

Damn you SaintMort, you stole my line.  (I was going to say Worst. Halloween. Episode. Ever.)
With most shows you've got to deal with actors wanting to leave and what not, all the Simpsons needs is some fresh/good writers.  There are still some good episodes, but it is wildly uneven now.
Wence
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2004, 10:29:09 AM »

Why did they stop with FUTURAMA - wasn´t it much better than the Simpsons?
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2004, 10:53:28 AM »

I liked Grounded for Life.  Not enough to make a point of watching it, but it was kind of entertaining.  

I haven't watched the Simpson's since about the third season.  What was that, ten years ago?

If I'm in the mood for a sitcom, I watch reruns of Married With Children.  Wish they'd release season 3 on DVD, it's the first really good one.

Sugar_Nads
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2004, 11:49:49 AM »

Dude, what are you talking about? The Simpsons rule! Who cares if they lost their touch a little? Just look at how long the seasons have run.
nobody
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2004, 12:02:45 PM »

Longevity isn't a good reason for supporting something. If it's 'lost it's touch a little' (more like a LOT) it's time for the show to retire.
George
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2004, 02:20:55 PM »

The Simpson's have lost touch?  Folks, the kids have been in the same grade for 16 years!!!!  It's never really been IN touch.

I agree that the episodes aren't as good as they have been in the past, but you had to love the Bart as Hugh Hefner.  Come-on...James Caan in the tree house and then falling to the Sonny Corleone execution hit....great stuff.  How about the sign..."you must be at least this cool to enter" with the picture of Milhouse.  I laughed my ass off.

The Halloween one wasn't as good this year but the next couple have been pretty good.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Simpsons suck now! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.