Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:12:32 PM
714371 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  on Land of the Dead « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: on Land of the Dead  (Read 7328 times)
Adrenochrome
Dedicated Viewer

« on: November 23, 2004, 10:59:18 AM »

I've only found a few resources giving tiny hints about George A. Romero's 4th installment of his "Living Dead" series. All of them tell me that it's still "in production". Have any of you seen or heard of a definite release date, or stills from the film thusfar? All I can seem to find out is that it's due for release "sometime in October of 2005"

"When there is no more room in Hell, the Dead shall walk the Earth."
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 11:57:05 AM »

There's not a lot of info floating around about the film at this time.  It seems the basic plot is going to be about a large city.  They have put up walls around the city to keep out the zombies.  Soon, they are all starving and send out a team of people (Dennis Hopper, Tom Savini among others) to find food in the world outside.  It is here that they obviously run into the zombies.

Looks like it's going to be released right around Halloween of next year.  It's currently shooting in Canada as we speak.  Romero hasn't let out too much information about the film as of yet, which I'm quite glad about.  The less I know, the more excited I'll be at it's point of release.

I hope that they will address some of the things that have been on my mind about the dead series since it's inception.  I'd love to see how the zombies have become more of a nusience than anything to the humans.  I'd love to see how doctors deal with the bodies in hospitals before they can become a zombie.  Hopefully this will be the Romero masterpiece that Day Of The Dead should have been.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Tony Morgan
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 12:26:45 PM »

Yea I heard the same thing about the city and the wall. I cant wait for this movie to come out, I just got interested in this series after i watched the first and remake of Dawn of the Dead. Whatever the movie turns out to be I doubt Romero will disapoint.
Adrenochrome
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 12:42:53 PM »

Yes, I have seen the same info you two have. I was slightly disapointed in the "remake" of Dawn of the dead. I have been a fan of the originals for years. There is just something about Romero's zombie flicks that other people can't capture. I first heard of his idea for the fouth installment while watching the commentary on the Dawn of the Dead (Romero's version) DVD. At the time of that interview he was mentioning that there was trouble coming up with the money. I'm very glad he was able to get things started. I'm a true Romero Zombie addict and i need a fix!!!!

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 01:06:17 PM »

I thought, and still think, that the Dawn remake was one of the best horror films to be released in the last decade.  It was dark and lonely, yet Snyder added a fantastic sense of humor to the film that Romero would be proud of.  

Well, atleast it's good if you watch it as it's own movie and not a remake.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 02:09:31 AM »

Actually Ska Boi I'm expecting Hopper to be the films villain.

The biggest change in the movie is that the dead are 'evolving'. No they're not growing extra arms or learning how to play chess.

They're getting smarter, Romero hinted at them getting about 'bub' smart.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
JohnL

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 04:44:40 AM »

>Soon, they are all starving and send out a team of people (Dennis Hopper, Tom
>Savini among others) to find food in the world outside.

I wish he hadn't included Hopper in the cast. When I saw the first three films, I didn't recognize a single person in them. This let me concentrate more on the characters rather than on the actors playing the characters.
Hugomarink
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 04:56:41 PM »

I am excited about this movie as well. I'm a huge fan of the first three and am glad a studio has finally put up the money so Romero can get this film made.

On the negative side, has anybody read the comic book "Toe Tags" that George Romero is currently writing for DC Comics? It's a zombie story. The first two issues are out and I have to say it pretty much sucks. I completely lost interest as I struggled through the muddled plot of the second issue. I sure hope this is a case of Romero's writing not adapting well to a comic book format as opposed to a sign that he's lost his storytelling chops. If that were the case then I would be pretty dang worried about "Land of the Dead."
Master Blaster
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 05:03:21 PM »

All may not be lost. Sometimes these guys just lend out their name and the original idea and it might be another writer that actually sucks. I know Clive Barker came up with a comic but didnt actually write the stories. He just came up with the original idea then handed it off to a bunch of comic book writers who went with it. Still they got to release the comic with CLIVE BARKER all over the cover for marketing. It might be the same kinda deal with Romero's comic. Of course I freely admit I'm talking out my arse as I'm unfamiliar with the comic, but hey, whats the point of posting if you cant give out an uninformed opinion from time to time!
Adrenochrome
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 08:20:02 PM »

I  just downloaded thr PDF file screenplay for LAnd of the Dead. IT looks like it has a great story!!!!Master Blaster wrote:

Max Gardner
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 09:06:26 AM »

I was wary of picking up Toe Tags - Romero has always been a better director than a writer - but if you want a zombie comic that's 100% worthwhile, check out "The Walking Dead." The first two collections are available, and they're very cheap ($10 per collection, 6 issues in each).
blkrider
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 01:10:56 PM »

I just hope he realizes that we want zombie action, not a bunch of actors yammering back and forth for an hour with no zombies in sight.  I think he'll probably let us down again, although I will be glad to see a Romero zombie flick in the theater.
Master Blaster
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 01:41:14 PM »

I imagine he's got a pretty good budget this time and he's wanted to make this movie for years so I'm sure he's going to run with the opportunity for gut chompin zombie mayhem. Given the plot is going to be cities surrounded by zombies I'm wondering if he'll be able to pull off the clausterphobic, apocolyptic feel of the previous 3 zombie films by presenting so many survivors in one place. Still I have faith in Romero. I wish he would have stuck with the name "Twilight of the Dead" though. It has a nice ring to it and fits with the whole Night, Dawn, Day, thing better.
Hugomarink
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2004, 01:41:21 PM »

Yes, WALKING DEAD is quite good. It would probably make for a pretty kickass zombie flick in its own right.
Hugomarink
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2004, 01:44:38 PM »

Well, Romero is credited as the writer of TOE TAGS. I remember the Clive Barker comics that used his name but were actually done by others. It does not appear to be the case with TOE TAGS. Looks like Romero did indeed script it.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  on Land of the Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.