Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:57:15 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  80's action reviews « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 80's action reviews  (Read 5094 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 03:15:49 AM »

My whole reason for the site is to get others to see the enjoyment in watching these sorts of movies.  And I really do enjoy b-movies and bad movies.

Also, we watched "Death Race 2000" the other night.  The Marines seemed to enjoy that one a lot.  The SgtMaj found out I had that DVD out here and immediately asked me to borrow it.  In the old man's words "A Classic."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Master Blaster
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2004, 11:23:29 AM »

Funny, I just read on IMDB that Vernon Wells actually said he thought he looked like "Freddy Mercury on steroids" Dead on description Mr. C : )
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 06:12:09 AM »

You're kidding. I have to go read that.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Chrisb
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 10:27:14 AM »

What do you expect? These movies were made in the Reaganite era and reflect the smash-bang-wallop, right-wing imperatives of the time and was a crap decade for movies in most people's books (although I happen to like it in a kitchy kind of way).
Master Blaster
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 04:03:49 PM »

You probably already found it, but here it is just in case.  

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0920460/bio
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2004, 08:31:54 AM »

You know, when you put Bennett and Freddie Mercury side by side, the resemblance is really quite remarkable. This is what always prevented me from taking Bennett seriously as a villain. Schwarzenegger vs. Queen. I could just imagine Bennett suddenly bursting into song: "Mamaaaaa....Just killed a maaaan....."

Post Edited (12-06-04 10:04)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2004, 02:10:10 PM »

80' s action movies had one purpose blow stuff up, shoot  an outrageous number of people, and kill the 2 dimensional bad guy off in a unique way.

I always loved the part in Commando when Bill Duke and Arnold are duking it out.

Bill Duke,  "This Green Beret is gonna kick your ass!"
 Arnold, "I eat Green Berets for breakfast and right now I'm hungry"
Rae Dawn "I don't believe this macho bulls**t!"

Now that's screenwriting.

Anybody that injects political subtext into these movies is really missing the point.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Master Blaster
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2004, 02:18:10 PM »

LOL!!! Maybe if they do Commando the musical that can happen.
Dave Munger
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2004, 09:40:07 PM »

I'm kind of interested in that kind of Chomskian way of defining things very broadly as right wing. Like, anything celebratory about retribution, or anything made for profit, etc.

Hey, this site's desperate for hits:
http://davemunger.blogspot.com
Neville

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2004, 05:24:32 AM »

Once heard they will be doing a "Fight Club: The Musical", so everything is possible.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2004, 10:19:39 AM »

By your logic, we should "expect" nothing but right wing reviews bashing all the politically correct stuff that's coming out today.  And nothing but right wing reviews bashing all the environmentalist schlock that was churned out during the '70s.  And right wing reviews bashing all the drug addled messes that were made during the '60s.

But I don't suppose you'd "expect" that, but to the contrary, you'd be pretty upset by it?  You probably expect reviews that are about the movie, and if somebody wants to go on a political rant, let them write an article about politics - but don't try to pass it off as a movie review.

That's what I expect as well.

Chrisb
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2004, 09:01:10 AM »

What kind of films were you referring to? What would you like to see instead?

>By your logic, we should "expect" nothing but right wing reviews >bashing all the politically correct stuff that's coming out today.

Hard to get such a perspective on current movie trends, but I think the industry and audience tastes have matured to some extent.

>But I don't suppose you'd "expect" that, but to the contrary, >you'd be pretty upset by it?

Erm, no, I don't get upset that easily! I'd be a little miffed if ALL reviews came with a political slant. If Andy looked for political bias all the time it would take the edge off his humour. Ruthless Reviews is a one-off and it's FUNNY. Try to be a little less offended!
Fearless Freep

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2004, 11:21:46 AM »

I think the industry and audience tastes have matured to some extent.

Have you seen what's out these days?  Scooby-Doo? The Grinch That Stole Christmas?  Gigli?

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  80's action reviews « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.