Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:21:06 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Willard (2003) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Willard (2003)  (Read 2490 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: December 02, 2004, 10:36:22 PM »

WILLARD (2003) - Remake of the 1971 film by the same name. Both are creepy, but the newer one is almost comical. Could have imagined Jim Carey starring in this film as well as he would have been better at the role. I got a laugh when the girl who kinda likes him brings him a cat. Would like to see the original again. It's been at least 30 years since I saw that one.

Post Edited (12-02-04 21:59)

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 07:02:35 PM »

I am still hoping for DVD releases of the original WILLARD and BEN.  Let's keep our fingers crossed . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
peter johnson
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 12:50:38 AM »

Man, the original rocks soooo much -- I just rented it recently for my wife, who'd never seen it.  Oh, baby!!  Now, of course, whenever we see Bruce Davison in anything, we both get to yell "Willard!!".  Earnest Borgnine makes a nutritious lunch for any species!  Of course, we do like Crispin Glover, & do plan to see the remake.
I saw that thing first-run in a drivein in '71, after a Steppenwolf concert, for free.
Ah, memories . . .
peter johnson/denny crane
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 07:15:50 PM »

I still haven't managed to find a copy of the original, but I loved the remake. Any movie  that gets Crispin Glover's face onto huge posters is alright in my book, and the humor was right up my alley. If you haven't seen it, check out the music video of Crispin's cover of "Ben." Jaw-dropping.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
peter johnson
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 08:57:54 PM »

Yo, Vermin --
There must be copies of the original out there somewhere, unless Video Station just keeps their only copy in circulation -- which I guess is possible.
Look for a byline for me & wifey in the Jan 13 Zippy comic strip, as Griffith uses one of our ideas --
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 10:12:53 PM »

That song was the most horrific part. : )

mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 01:54:23 AM »

i'm still holding my breath until CRISPIN GLOVER gets a return appearance on LETTERMAN...hey, just because he kicked the guy in the head (almost) is that a reason to alienate him?

casting crispin glover was genius...i believe his best work was the SLAYER-listening pothead in RIVER's EDGE.

rock on,
peace,
mr. henry
www.310am.com

"When the pigs try to get at ya
Park it like it's hot
Park it like it's hot
Park it like it's hot"
- S N double-o P, D O double-G

"why do you want to shoot squirrels?"
"because they're gay"
-cabin fever

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 11:50:16 PM »

Yeah, it doesn't seem like it should be that hard to come by, but I searched all my local hookups at home, and came up blank (though now that I'm back in the city, I could probably find it if I put my mind to it).

Awesome about the Zippy thing! I've never submitted anything meself, though he did feature an attraction in my neighboring town (the world's largest chair in Gardner, MA)

-Vermin Boy

Max Gardner
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 03:15:54 PM »

Crispin Glover is awesome, but so few roles actually suit him that it's great to see a movie like Willard once in a while - no one else could have pulled it off. It would have been pure schlock without Glover's supremely disturbing performance. (Speaking of which, the music video is amazing.)
djfoxwvgs
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 08:41:21 PM »

Wow, I was beginning to think that I was the only one in the world that liked the remake. I'm beginning to think that Glover really is as crazy as the parts he plays. I love him, though, and I definitely agree no one else could have pulled it off. The part with him freaking out about the house at his mom's wake was pretty ..... just, yikes. And R. Lee Ermy! Geez, those eyebrows he had on there were insane lol.
Kinda related: does anyone else remember the Sega Genesis game Shining Force 2? There was a part where you fought some giant rats, and one was named Willard and another was named Ben. I always thought that was great.
Wonder if they'll remake Ben as well?

Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 09:57:10 PM »

Yeah, every interview with the man I've seen indicates that he is indeed as weird as he seems-- Apparently he lives in a big, scary Addams Family house, complete with working electric chair.

Also, if you guys haven't heard his album, "The Big Problem Does Not Equal the Solution; The Solution = Let It Be," you should definitely track it down-- It's worth it for his cover of "These Boots Are Made For Walkin" alone.

-Vermin Boy

peter johnson
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2004, 12:26:35 AM »

Glover comes through Boulder every year & shows his little slideshow about circus freaks at the Boulder Theatre, a huge Art-Deco affair -- it's a marriage made in Heaven --
If you haven't seen him in "Eugene & Ed" (? -- god, my memory is so bad -- I think that's the title) with Howard Hesman, do try to find it:  Water-skiing mummified cats.  Glover drinks the water from the ice preserving the body of a dead cat in the desert.  And all they wanted was to be friends . . .
Max Gardner
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2004, 10:33:22 PM »

If the music video is any indication, the man is completely insane. Listen to it with the commentary for further madness.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Willard (2003) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.