Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:24:53 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dr. Gore and More « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dr. Gore and More  (Read 2259 times)
Abby
« on: November 04, 2001, 03:57:21 PM »

I took a little Girdler side trip this month at WilliamGirdler.com.

Behold the glory that IS The Extended Doctor Gore Summary

As far as I'm concerned, the world owes me BIG TIME for this one.

"Dr. Gore" (aka "The Body Shop") was the brainchild of the late Pat Patterson, an unsung drive-in gore F/X master who worked with Herschell Gordon Lewis and numerous other southern "drive-in" directors of the period. It's difficult to tell how many films he actually contributed to -- he was non-union and his name was usually cut from the credits.  He also provided the gore for Girdler's "Three on a Meathook." As a favor, Girdler's studio helped out with "Dr. Gore's" post-production (mainly with the final editing). Girdler himself scored the music and did the sound effects. It's also rumored that Bill helped Pat direct a number of scenes. So "Dr. Gore" is essentially Bill Girdler's bastard stepchild .

Let me cut to the chase: I detest this movie. It's easily one of the lamest films I've ever seen. The two best portions of the film are the Herschell Gordon Lewis introduction, and Girdler's name in the closing credits.  I originally planned to pen a one-page item about the film.  Because there are too many plot issues and too much general weirdness, I ended up with a five-page summary -- AND I HAD TO WATCH THIS PIECE OF CRAP FOUR FREAKIN' TIMES TO GET IT RIGHT!!! I had to re-write it twice because it made the movie seem like too much fun.

So for the love of God, please read The Dr. Gore Summary. Writing it punched holes in my soul.

For your trouble, there's a new Abby Video Giveaway that's running through December. Enter to win a genuine Cinefear print ... the best version available. And here's the best part (which I've yet to announce) -- the video will be signed by Abby herself, Carol Speed!

And I'm still offering Day of Osama stickers in exchange for Red Cross donations.
Will
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2001, 04:53:37 PM »

Dr. Gore has a different cut running around, titled "The Body Shop."  It doesn't fix any of the plot points, but features an extended country-western number by the Igor character.  Sublime.
Abby
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2001, 05:00:40 PM »

Really? The copy of Body Shop I rented was the same as my Dr. Gore except that it listed "Don Brandon" as a magician in the opening credits. Hmmm ... I'll have to find a copy with the singing Gregory.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dr. Gore and More « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.