Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:23:46 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst military force « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: worst military force  (Read 6837 times)
jmdenn
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 10:40:46 AM »

the troops in equalibrium sucked it pretty badly at the end. think about it they came out in waves with automatic rifles and all managed to get gunned down pretty quickly by a bunch of rag tag resistence fighters

Wence
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 10:45:14 AM »

No, there are no copper tubes or crested helmets in Starcrash.
- A reason to watch that movie next time!
Wence
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 10:58:21 AM »

The bad guys in Starcrash juse lasers looking like rifles with bat-wings.
Master Blaster
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004, 11:09:51 AM »

Ninja armys are deffinately the suckiest military forces in bad film. Even worse then the horribly inept storm troopers.
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2004, 11:18:13 AM »

Don't forget the other Spawns in "Spawn". Spawn was suppossed to command an army of similarly equipped and trained soldiers, but got rid of them in 30 seconds with the only help of some CGI shots. No wonder the movie sucked.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2004, 12:18:57 PM »

The commie forces in Red Dawn were pretty useless. A multinational force that invades and occupies a big chunk of the US is terrorized by half a dozen self-taught high school kids who have been partisans for all of a couple of months.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Chrisb
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2004, 01:48:33 PM »

The South American forces at the beginning of What Waits Below (As this was Nicaragua/1983 I assumed they were govt. troops. Odd that they were commanded a German officer, and seemed to resemble the Contras more than Sandinistas'army).
There are thick dozens of soldiers pursuing our heroes through the jungle on foot and in jeep, even shooting at point-blank range with heavy caliber machine guns to no effect. At one point, around fifty ambush the jeep as it leaves a cave AND ALL MISS!
Neville

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2004, 09:25:52 AM »

The NVA troops in "Rambo - First Blood Part II". The film is so poorly directed that (I'm told) at some points of it you can see the soldiers firing their weapons while other soldiers stand in front of them. Tell me if that one is not a winner, because not even the stormtroopers did ever act so dumb (with maybe the exception of the one who hits the door in Episode IV).

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Dave Munger
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2004, 11:54:55 PM »

Something I love about the three good SW movies is that something about them makes me willing to make up explanations of my own that seem plausible to me. So by "send my best legion to Endor", the emperor means "a legion equiped with the kind of robotic type stuff that kicked ass at Hoth, but in the jungle, will tend to trip". I'm told this is not an uncommon military folly.

I gather that the fact that they're clones is supposed to explain some of the ineptness of the Storm Troopers, like by Episode four they're copies of copies of copies, so it's like being inbred or something.

The light sabre is something I've seen ripped off tons of times, and oddly enough, in anything except SW it seems inexplicable to me that they would use anything sword like in the future. But in SW, for some reason it seems perfectly obvious to me that the Jedi arts developed at a time when spacecraft where smaller and flimsier, piracy was the main threat to the Republic, and things like blasters and turbolasers hadn't been invented yet. The light sabers originally must have been an alternative to conventional firearms, for use on ships that were being boarded by hijackers without depressurizing the whole thing.

More nerdery here:
http://davemunger.blogspot.com
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2004, 03:44:46 PM »

Actually. one of the better westerns out there, but with so many men,  you would have thought that Michael Gambon's hired guns, would have at the beginning, put up a better show, considering they were only facing two men, even if those two men were Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall.

And I was also impressed by the ineptness of the villains on the island in "The Incredibles." Even if your opponents had super powers, they must have been fairly inept not to be able to take down a woman, her teenage daughter, and her pre-teen son.

Fearless Freep

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2004, 04:07:18 PM »

I'm told this is not an uncommon military folly.

Well, the bottom lne is that the troops went in expectring one type of enemy and were unprepared for a local insurgency.  It's happened before...

But in SW, for some reason it seems perfectly obvious to me that the Jedi arts...

Actually, the lightsaber makes a lot of sense if you consider it as a defensive weapon with only short-range offensive capabilites (which, given the philosophy of the Jedi in applying the Force, makes a lot of sense).  As Obi-Wan said, "not as clumsy or random as a blaster".  One thing about guns is they tend to be fairly indescriminant and if you miss...  Unlike swords vs guns today, Jedi force training with lightsabers allowed for parrying blaster shots so the range capbilities of a blaster against a Jedi were pretty negated ( a Jedi can run across a room with someone shooting at him to get in close enough for a precision strike in a way not possible today with guns and swords)   Think os situations today where having a gun is ineffectual or dangerous because of how a gun works (hostage situation: hard to shot without hitting a bystander or hostage, home defense: watch as your handgun misses the badguy in low light and goes through the apartment wall into someone sleeping next door)  Given the Jedi mission, training, and philosophy, a lightsaber makes a really wise weapon

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
AlexB
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2004, 05:34:59 AM »

Fearless Freep wrote:

> Unlike swords vs guns today, Jedi force training with
> lightsabers allowed for parrying blaster shots so the range
> capbilities of a blaster against a Jedi were pretty negated ( a
> Jedi can run across a room with someone shooting at him to get
> in close enough for a precision strike in a way not possible
> today with guns and swords)  

Perhaps, but then, these blaster rays move very slowly and have a rate of fire comparable to a self loading rifle. If you are up against, say, an AK47 at 15m, it might get messy. Mind you, Darth Vader had this neat trick of stopping a blast with his hand.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2004, 10:29:43 AM »

That, and a way to save money on actors/extras; if you don't show their faces, you can 'reuse' them in later scenes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2004, 10:44:41 AM »

Not a military force, but a group of such incredible ineptness as to challenge those in COMMANDO: the bad guys at the end of BEVERY HILLS COP.  I mean, Eddie Murphy running around shooting single hand with a snubby against multiple dudes with full auto's??

Of course, you could substitute just about any 'Hero Cop' movie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2004, 05:42:46 PM »

Speaking of Stormtrooper armor...

Ever noticed the letters Oll on the back of their armor? (at least that's what it looks like to me)
Anyone know?

Post Edited (12-24-04 16:43)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst military force « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.