Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:33:01 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Recent Viewings That Crave Human Flesh « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Recent Viewings That Crave Human Flesh  (Read 6633 times)
Stupid Jacob
« on: March 12, 2001, 06:27:31 PM »

Ghost Dog: Really neat mob/ Samari movie. Suggest you check it out. 5 out of 5 slimes.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: Wow. This movie is amazing. One of the years best. I went with two friends of mine. They liked too. But one of them tried to tell me it was directed by same guy who directed Matrix. Moron. 5 out of 5 slimes.

That's all for now. I got Almost Famous for tormorrow. Bye.
Gerry
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2001, 06:47:10 PM »

Really blow your friends minds:  rent THE ICE STORM and then point out that it is directed by the same person who directed CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON.
Josh Leman
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2001, 06:47:11 PM »

I've never been a huge fan of Ghost Dog.  It goes on for like forty minutes of mostly pointless scenes after that big shootout at the mansion, where they could have ended everything nicely.  Not to mention that awful sequence (that Jarmusch stole straight out of Branded to Kill) where Ghost Dog shoots the guy through the sink.

Anybody who thinks Crouching Tiger had the same director as The Matrix deserves to have the word IDIOT tattooed on their forehead.  The fights were choreographed by the same guy, but Ang Lee and the Wachowski brothers are distinctly different people...
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2001, 07:12:30 PM »

Yea. I know. I told him it was imposable because CTHD acually has a plot. :)
Mofo Rising
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2001, 12:07:09 AM »

GHOST DOG was one of my favorite movies to come out in 1999, and that was a good year for movies.  I could have seen it in the theatres but my friend objected to Forrest Whittaker being the star.  (He watches movies for the actors in them, the freak.)  What did we end up watching?  ROMEO MUST DIE.  Compromise is like shooting yourself in the foot.

As for GHOST DOG, I would agree with you that the scenes after the shootout in the mansion were unnecessary, if the shootout was the climax of the movie, which it isn't.  Maybe if it were a straight-forward action movie, which it isn't either.  It was the story of Ghost Dog, and it ended when he did.

But, one man's trash is another man's treasure and all that.  At least it was better than ROMEO MUST DIE.
Josh Leman
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2001, 02:28:49 PM »

No, the mansion shootout isn't the climax of the movie.  But I think maybe it should have been.  They could have had that last showdown between Ghost Dog and Louie take place there, or soon afterward.  But Jarmusch is too busy giving RZA a self-indulgent cameo, and thinking of more unfunny conversations with the Haitian ice cream man, to realize that he should have quit while he was ahead.

But I definitely seem to be in the minority on this one.  Maybe Jarmusch's movies are an acquired taste or something.
peter johnson
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2001, 07:39:46 PM »

Re. Jim Jarmusch:  Down by Law is one of the tightest, best li'l ol' black & white low-budget movie-movies ever made.  I can watch that thing again and again, just like reading a good short story.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Recent Viewings That Crave Human Flesh « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.