Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:22:14 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst of 2004 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: worst of 2004  (Read 6613 times)
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« on: December 27, 2004, 01:22:52 AM »

After reading the top of 2004 by the bouncer I was wondering what was worst movies 2004 and heres my vote:

Aliens vs Predator-  everything about this movie was a joke the chestbusters to the aliens and predators themselves.

Resident Evil Apocalypse- they decided to put jill from the game in it and thats the only good thing.

Underworld- didnt know haveing kickass war between werewolves and vampires could be so boring.

Darkness-pointless and not scary at all.

Catwoman- someone let me borrow a bootleg. didnt last 20 mintues for I shut it off.

"I know I know ive been exposed permeant psychoses..
at least the colors are nice"- Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

daveblackeye15

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 02:10:10 AM »

Hmm, normaly I'm good at avoiding crap in the theaters because I don't go very often, I suppose the closest would be Alien vs. Predator. I didn't think it was terrible but it could be (and should be) a lot better (it could be better when the DVD comes out with the cut out scenes) I guess Resident Evil 2 wasn't that great but I had a pretty good time with this one than the last one. If someone reminds me of a even worst movie that I forgot I saw then I'll mention it.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
iluvdolma
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 02:44:52 AM »

I thought 2004 was a pretty good year at the box office. Maybe because I saw only good movies there. I know, I know, there were a lot of bashed movies, but can't really say anything about them 'cause I did not see them.

AvP - I really wanted to kick Paul Anderson's ass 10 minutes into the movie. I could continue on, but you've heard the same from everyone else.

Chronicles of Riddick - not necessarily a bad movie, but the lack of character development, horrible editing, acting, and pacing dwarfed it in comparison to Pitch Black. And CoR had five times the budget of PB.

Sky Captain - I happen to be one of the seven people in the world that hate this movie. Everyone else seems to think it's the second coming or something. I thought it was the most boring and pointless movie ever. Everything was CGI. Even a simple captain's office...the desk...chair...map on the wall. The Sky! The Clouds! Everything! I'm surprised the actor's clothes weren't CG as well. Along with Jude Law as well. And what was up with Angelina Jolie's character. She was only in 2 scenes! I would love to say that AvP was the worst movie of 2004, but I can't. At least I didn't mind sitting through AvP. But this, I wanted to leave before it ended, so bad!
daveblackeye15

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 03:27:46 AM »

iluvdolma:

Oh that movie was the most boring movie ever? You defintatly havn't seen enough movies to consider that one pointless. Try looking these ones up for torture (shutters)

Prototype X29A (eee)
Alien Warrior (aaa)
Children of the Living Dead (oh oh ho! Please stop!)

NO MORE NO MORE! Now THOSE are pointless and boring I think Manos holds both titles but I think there are quite a few worthy continders. Believe it or not I was surprised that I didn't become enraged when I saw that the almost the whole movie was CGI. Why? Because it looked good and I guess they were trying to get a certain feel and look that they couldn't get with real life action stuff.

I'm not bashing your or anything (of course not) but seriously those three movies I mention are TORTURE! And if they'd been released this year then they'd sure as hell be on my first post.

Hey was Gigli released this yea-OW OW OW OW!!

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Neville

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 06:23:53 AM »

Mmmm... Quite a good year now that I think of it. But yes, everyone involved in "Catwoman", from actors to best boy, should be tared and feathered.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
JohnL

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 02:42:11 PM »

>Believe it or not I was surprised that I didn't become enraged when I saw that the
>almost the whole movie was CGI. Why? Because it looked good and I guess
>they were trying to get a certain feel and look that they couldn't get with real life
>action stuff.

Dark, dreary and hazy? I haven't seen the movie, but that's the impression I got from the ads and the stills I've seen.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 02:58:45 PM »

My vote would have to be for "The Grudge".  The piece of crap put me to sleep.

They should have released the original instead.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
blkrider
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 03:39:10 PM »

I didn't like SKY CAPTAIN much either...thought it was really flat and uninteresting.  
The characters just didn't draw me in.  It was probably the worst time I had at the movies this year.

The EXORCIST prequel was pretty bad, although I enjoyed parts of it.  Quality-wise it was probably the worst movie I saw in the theater, but in general I would give it a thumbs-up.

Personally, I liked the RESIDENT EVIL sequel better than the original.  

I won't say it's a "bad" movie, but I didn't care for SPIDERMAN 2.  Plot was a little too similar to SUPERMAN 2, and they had Spidey doing stuff that was a little too far from the spirit of the character [and again, more in the category of Superman--that scene where he tries to stop the subway car with his legs, for example.  In the comic books, Spiderman isn't invulnerable to injury or even resistant to it...his powers just enable him to sense, duck, and dodge whatever the villains are throwing at him.]  However, I really dug Alfred Molina as Doc Ock--I think it's probably the best villain performance since Nicholson as the Joker.  Really wish they'd given him more to do.  So though it's not the worst movie of 2004, I'd say it's the biggest disappointment.
StatCat
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 03:51:52 PM »

Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys

-----------------------------------------------------
Wear a suit and tie when I'd rather sit and die
Hugomarink
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004, 03:37:49 PM »

I'm sure you are in the minority on your view of SPIDER-MAN 2. Most (me included) think it is a pretty marvelous comic book film. Btw, Spidey does have augmented strength in the comic books. His powers are not just the ability to sense, duck, and dodge. Sure, Spidey is not Hulk or Thor in the strength department but he's definitely a lot stronger than the average man.
iluvdolma
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 07:16:44 PM »

Yo Dave, I have heard a lot of bad things about Children of the Living Dead. A couple of weeks ago I went to Blockbuster to rent Cube, but the guy almost gave me CotLD and I quickly discovered this and made him change. Luckly, I got to see Cube and it was as good as people have made it out to be.
Ozzymandias
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 09:15:13 PM »

Recipe for one of the worst movies of 2004.

Take an idea that Peter Cook and Duddly Moore turned into a skit for their TV show in 1967, MTV used in a short lived show in the late 90s and Orbitz Travel revived in their commercials in 2002.  Steal the good ideas from each.
Use the F-word every chance you get.
Blow up stuff every few minutes.
Throw in jokes about child molestation and oral sex.
Re-use gags from South Park.
Top off with the kind of bitter, axe-grinding celebrity bashing that makes Al Capp look like Mr. Rogers. It killed Capp and Lil Abner in the 70s, it'll do the same for  the South Park guys.

My nomination ( people will hate me for this) is TEAM AMERICA. It could have been great but it just seemed uncreative and uninspired. I was really disappointed with this movie.
Kory
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2004, 01:01:33 AM »

"Saw"
odinn7

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2004, 08:11:18 AM »

The Village...I've been bored by movies in the theater before but this is the first time I was angered that I wasted money and time.
Actually, now that I think of it, it was the third time I was angered about a film. The first was the U-2 film "Rattle and Hum" that my first wife dragged me to. What a wretched piece of self-serving crap that was. The second movie was "The Doors" as I really didn't like the way Morrison was portrayed in that movie. Ah, I'm done, carry on with 2004 dislikes...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
dean
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »

I thought Saw and Team America were fantastic films. Saw, partially because it was made by a few local boys, and just because it was a great film that wasn't the normal shlock we usually get.  Team America was helped by a great soundtrack really.

Though I still liked it, I have found the Spiderman series to be somewhat dissapointing.  I guess I just don't care about Peter Parker that much compared to my idea of Spiderman.

Biggest Dissapointment by far was AVP.  As was said, it could have and should have been so much better than it was.  It was a shame really.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst of 2004 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.