Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:01:02 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst of 2004 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: worst of 2004  (Read 6647 times)
Hugomarink
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2004, 06:49:54 PM »

No way! "Saw" was a lot of fun. As long as you didn't go in expecting "Seven" (as some idiots compared it to) then you should've enjoyed it. And the ending truly fooled me, which rarely happens. (Hell, I even guessed the ending to "The Sixth Sense"!)
Kory
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2004, 09:30:21 PM »

The pacing was slow, the acting was HORRIBLE, the ending was, yes, predictable, and the promise of all the gore & suspense was never met.
blkrider
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2004, 11:11:57 PM »

I didn't say Spiderman wasn't strong, I said he wasn't any more resistant to injury than a regular person.  The comic book Spiderman would have been killed if he'd tried to stop a speeding subway car with his legs.  Anyone who's read the comic knows that he's been injured numerous times, especially in situations when the villains have managed to mess up his Spider-sense.   The movie just didn't work for me at all, and I think it failed to follow up on the promise of the first film [which had its problems too but was more true to the character.]  

God, I've hit a new low, I'm having "comic book guy" discussions.  Barf.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2004, 12:39:57 AM »

God, I've hit a new low, I'm having "comic book guy" discussions. Barf.

Worst...post...ever

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Hugomarink
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2004, 01:58:46 PM »

I'll respect your opinion. I know others who had problems with the film and I'll agree that the acting was not the greatest and that the overall plot was ludicrous. But I was still entertained. I went in with fairly low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. And if you found that wacky, twisted ending to be predictable then you are truly gifted at spotting unexpected story turns. I guessed the "Sixth Sense" and "Crying Game" endings halfway through those "surprise ending" films. but "Saw" completely fooled me.
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2004, 03:30:03 PM »

Guessing the twist I think is partially in response to how engaged in the story you are.  If you let the story take you away, you tend to miss those little cues.  The story is either hitting or it's not.

Sadly, I've come to find myself looking for twists in movies where there are none.  I find myself getting distracted looking for the cues of 'okay, where's the twist going to be.'  This is the extent at which Hollywood has overused the 'twist' device, and a statement to how weak many of the stories are.

Post Edited (12-30-04 20:39)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Menard
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2004, 03:36:50 PM »

I will agree with that; with regard to expecting a twist in a story. What should it be called: the expected unexpected twist?

Joe
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2005, 07:38:59 PM »

The Villiage has my vote. I've never been so bored at a suspense movie in my life. The setup wasn't too bad, but once the audiance figures it all out (about 10 to 15 minutes in) the rest just seems like a long, uphill climb for nothing.
Kory
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2005, 12:13:33 PM »

Maybe my problem was that my expectations were too high.
Cawdor
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2005, 09:30:29 PM »

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Van Helsing yet!   Am I in the minority in thinking that this was an absolute abortion of a movie?
blkrider
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2005, 02:55:08 AM »

Still haven't seen it....

I've gotten to the point where I just won't take a chance on a movie if I have misgivings about it.  Tickets are too expensive and audiences are too annoying to put up with for the sake of a mediocre movie.  

The place we live in now has air conditioning so we'll probably see fewer movies next summer.  The only reason we saw DAY AFTER TOMORROW, EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING, and RESIDENT EVIL: APOCALYPSE was to escape the heat for a few hours.
Kory
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2005, 12:32:07 PM »

Ah- Van Helsing.  I forgot to mention it because, thankfully, that 2 hours of my life had been blacked out of my brain.  I'll have to agree.
Hugomarink
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2005, 01:50:40 PM »

Actually, I didn't think it was that bad. Of course I went in with very low expectations since all I heard from the critics was how bad it was. It's not that bad. It's a big budget action thriller popcorn movie and I think it basically succeeds as that type of movie. I've certainly seen worse in that genre.
Hugomarink
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2005, 01:54:28 PM »

I know what you're saying. In both "The Sixth Sense" and "Crying Game" I went in knowing there was some big twist so I was looking for it and figured it out before the twist was revealed. Same goes for any M. Night Shyamalan film. You go in wondering what the twist will be. I did not realize that "Saw" had a twist ending so I was not looking for it. I suspended my belief, got sucked up in the story, and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Master Blaster
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2005, 03:20:36 PM »

I'm behind you. Rubbing my own feces on the screen would have made for a better movie. I didnt even find it mildly entertaining. It was so stupid I was actually rendered a little dumber for having watched it.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst of 2004 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.