Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:22:41 AM
713336 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wicked Stepmother (Bette Davis last movie) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wicked Stepmother (Bette Davis last movie)  (Read 2391 times)
Carl
« on: November 06, 2001, 02:28:41 PM »

here's a really bad movie from 1989. Quite funny tho. The film legend Bette Davis was 80 years old when this movie was made. However she thought the script was so bad she demanded some changings. When the producers refuces, she left the set after only a week, so the script had to be rewritten to explain her disappearance.

Of course it's impossible to make a good movie that way, and this is pretty bad but it's sometimes quite fun to watch. It would be great to see some videoclips on this site from it.

has anyone seen it? what did you think?
Abby
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2001, 07:59:45 PM »

Actually, Kevin Danzey worked on Wicked Stepmother.

I hated this flick when I was a kid. And I remember feeling bad for Bette (though Joan went out with Trog, so it was kind of appropriate).

This flick was so poor, I still mentally deny the fact that it's a Larry Cohen production.
Kevin
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2001, 08:48:03 PM »

Did someone mention me? :)

Yep, I was there for the 2 (count 'em TWO) weeks Bette was on the film.  I was an effects flunky, and my strongest memory is of being screamed at by Larry Cohen over a lousy-looking piece of effects monster meat on the Hibachi.  Like it was my fault!  YEESH, Larry!!! :P
Carl
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2001, 02:17:15 PM »

were you there? who are you? did you met Bette (or Miss Davis as she preferred to be called)? what was she like?
Kevin
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2001, 06:54:30 PM »

Yes Carl, I was there.  You can find me on the "Interviews" portion of this website, talking about the making of "The Brain."  I worked on the special effects crew for Wicked Stepmother, too.  I didn't talk to Bette Davis directly, though I was very close to her many times over a period of several days and I got to see her working in several scenes.  Larry always called her "Bette" as I recall.  She was very frail and had 3 young women helping her.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wicked Stepmother (Bette Davis last movie) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.