Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:04:52 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT:entertainment matures, parents don't « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: OT:entertainment matures, parents don't  (Read 4558 times)
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2005, 06:25:35 PM »

LOL John, you wise ass... ; ) A bonfire it is!
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2005, 06:30:13 PM »

odinn7 wrote:

> I just don't want
> my daughter to have anything bad happen to her and I don't want
> her to see certain things until I think she's ready. I didn't
> picture myself being this way but having your own kid really
> changes things if you have any sense of responsibility.
>

Good for you odinn7... You'll be greatly rewarded one day for your perseverence.
Master Blaster
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2005, 06:38:55 PM »

There's nobody "bringing it on" but you. I dont see any fighting here, just an informal discussion. If you get off on ripping into people like Rush Limbaugh on crack, by all means, do'nt let me tread on your "freedom of speech". Honestly I think you just enjoy being rude in an anonymous medium that has no consequences.
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2005, 09:55:26 PM »

I think you enjoy trying to be everybody's hero a bit too much. Tone it down ok, Mister Blister. ; )

I'm just shooti'n the breeze like you... No wars here dude... Geez, where's your sense of humor?
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2005, 10:53:37 PM »

When we start out as parents, we buy our kids stuff they ask for.  After a while, we see the huge piles of expensive, unused crap that they just HAD TO HAVE piled up in their closets to the point where there's barely room to put clothes in there anymore.

So sometimes we say no.

Master Blaster
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2005, 01:01:36 AM »

All right, all right. Truce.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2005, 09:53:00 AM »

My wife and I have a great daughter who is almost two years old.  Obviously, being as she is so young, we try to shelter her from harsher television/films.  The main things that we let her watch are Noggin and PBSKids.  

As she gets older though, I do plan on letting her watch a wide variety of television/movies.  When she is about 8 or so, I'll probably start her on some Godzilla/Ray Harryhausen stuff.  When she gets to be 13-14, I'll let her watch most anything in my collection.  I have a feeling that by that age she should be deciding herself what she should/shouldn't watch.

My experiences were quite different as a child.  I was sheltered from most harsh content.  We only had an antenna (as I'm sure most of you did) until I was around 10 when we got cable.  The first real horror film that I saw was The Shining, which I saw right around the same time as getting cable.  I absolutely loved it.  

My parents never really watched horror films.  This led to me being scared to death of Michael Myers, Jason and Freddy as a young kid.  I had never seen any of the films but was scared just from the box art/posters/commercials.  I was a weird little kid.  

As years went by though, my viewing and reading choices eventually went towards the macabre.  I'm sure it was a result of being scared of such things as a young child.  I think it all depends on the child I believe.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT:entertainment matures, parents don't « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.