Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:33:19 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hey, Nathan! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hey, Nathan!  (Read 1281 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 20, 2005, 12:02:04 PM »

Why do you need to register to post to the ColdFusion forums?   I get a bit tired of registering to websites :)

Anyway, if you're doing Rutger Hauerr, try out "Precious Find" and tell me of you don't think Hauer was drunk on set a few times and they sorta wrote around that (given how bad this movie is, he was probably drinking to ease the pain).  Added bonus: Brion James.  You could probably make a drinking game from how many times they say "precious"...even Smeagol wasn't this obsessive

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 08:37:14 AM »

Hey, Fearless!  (Can I call you "Fearless"? Or should it be "Mr. Freep"?)

I opted for registration for the same reason I made readers use a form to contact me via the site instead of email, and instituted IP blocking in my blog comments: Spam control.

And the closer to the end of the month I get, the more titles are vying for the final slots.  I'm picking up the last movie of the binge today, and I've got people waving the flag for Precious Find, Flesh + Blood, Bleeders, Mr. Stitch, Omega Doom (it takes all kinds), Blind Fury... If only I had the time to do a TWO-month binge!

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 09:06:21 AM »

I have to say, I find registration to be a bummer as well.  Unfortunately, Nathan hits the nail on the head in saying that it helps keep the spam and trolls under control.  I have considered it for here, but keep holding off until events force me to use registration.

"Bleeders?"  Egad, man, that is quite the movie.  Especially the part where he munches the pickled baby.  Which is followed by the quickie sex scene.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 10:46:13 AM »

Hey, Fearless! (Can I call you "Fearless"? Or should it be "Mr. Freep"?)

Well, "Jay" works as well.  :)

I opted for registration for the same reason I made readers use a form to contact me via the site instead of email, and instituted IP blocking in my blog comments: Spam control.

Fair enough

And the closer to the end of the month I get, the more titles are vying for the final slots. I'm picking up the last movie of the binge today, and I've got people waving the flag for Precious Find, Flesh + Blood, Bleeders, Mr. Stitch, Omega Doom (it takes all kinds), Blind Fury... If only I had the time to do a TWO-month binge!

Yeah, Rutger Hauer has been in a  *lot* of bad stuff.  "Split Second" and "RedLine" come to mind as well as worth B movie reviews somewhere.  I'm glad you tossed in his good roles as well ("Ladyhawke", "Hitcher" and "Blade Runner").  I think I like "Omega Doom" more than most..

What I find amusing about "Precious Find" s not the movie but the fact it had two B movie regulars (Hauer and James) who have been in a *lot* of stuff and this is certainly not their best and I would've *loved* to hear some of their conversatiions off-film

=======================
Fearless Freep

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 12:55:07 AM »

Yeah, Rutger Hauer has been in a *lot* of bad stuff. "Split Second" ..

and thanks! :)

Post Edited (01-26-05 23:55)

=======================
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 08:50:09 AM »

And now Andrew and I are compatriots in the Pickled Baby League.  Nothing like home preserves, I always say...

Nathan Shumate
Fearless Freep

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 12:24:56 PM »

Speaking of which, I noticed last night in the part where you are talking about the title you call it Breeders.  A typo or yet another title?

=======================
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 12:36:36 PM »

Gah.  Typo.  Did that about a zillion times, corrected it a zillion less one, apparently.

Nathan Shumate
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 01:11:23 PM »

Proofreading is heck, my friend.  I used to have a friendly fellow who was a college student up in Canada who helped me out by proofreading for me.  I would send him the review after it was written (and I had proofread it).  Then, he would send me back the corrections and questions.  It worked really well when I was "caching" reviews prior to publishing them.  He just sort of faded out over time.

Nowdays, without such help, I write the review, proof it, and then let it sit for a few weeks.  After that period my brain resets and I go back in and proof it again.  It is not perfect, but it seems to be effective.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hey, Nathan! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.